Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201237 times)

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1185 on: October 13, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »

Welp, so much for that idea. Guess it'll just have to wait until they add compatibility or whatever.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 13, 2013, 08:41:37 pm »

What's the recommended mineral scarcity for world gen?

I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be 100 (Which sounds far too high), but the default is 2500.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 13, 2013, 11:38:41 pm »

whoa whoa whoa...

what happened to my masterwork workshop build list?

http://imgur.com/77cFgBJ

I only see vanilla buildings (yet on the furnace screen I see the masterwork options).

nm, I must have f'd it up while I edited something...  I thought it was dfterm, but doing a quick winmerge, I see I mispelled a file or two.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:16:22 am by thistleknot »

AstralDusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 14, 2013, 12:35:14 am »

Okay. So I'm using v.4a at the moment. I've got ore processors. The manual tells me all ore-bearing rocks get processed through it. Sounds good, got no problem running malachite and galena-bearing rock through so far.

But, I've got buttloads of tetrahedrite-bearing rock and no option in the ore processor's menu for it. Am I missing something obvious, or is tetrahedrite just not compatible with the whole processor add-on?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1189 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:20 am »

Okay. So I'm using v.4a at the moment. I've got ore processors. The manual tells me all ore-bearing rocks get processed through it. Sounds good, got no problem running malachite and galena-bearing rock through so far.

But, I've got buttloads of tetrahedrite-bearing rock and no option in the ore processor's menu for it. Am I missing something obvious, or is tetrahedrite just not compatible with the whole processor add-on?
Its not. It should have normal values though, you can smelt it directly. Its because tetrahedrite is only added if you add the "SimpleMinerals:Off" and I wasnt quite sure what to do with those...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 14, 2013, 01:28:21 am »

I don't know why, but I genned two worlds, and have no malachite bearing rock's...

simpler minerals are on

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:15 am »

What's the recommended mineral scarcity for world gen?

I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be 100 (Which sounds far too high), but the default is 2500.

...anyone? Anyone at all?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1192 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:51 am »

Look at the worldgen.txt in data/init. it has all the numbers. The default for vanilla DF is 2500, the default for the 5 maps I include is... 100-150.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 14, 2013, 05:41:45 am »

Malachite is harder to find than tetrahedrite.   It's because tetra is found in all stone layers but malachite (if not changed) is found in marble and metamorphic layers. This lessens it's chance to show up at any given spot, especially that volcano I love.

I use 250 when I gen worlds and get good results of both volume and variety. Going up to 400 I noticed a drop were only one or 2 metals were plentiful at my ideal embarks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:51:13 am by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Salisen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 14, 2013, 08:59:12 am »

I have a question about shells.

I had a moody dorf occupying a craftdwarfs workshop yesterday that was asking for shells.  I had orders set to allow refuse gathering outside, and to allow collection of vermin refuse.  I butchered a horned caveturtle, producing a shell, but then found that the moody dorf wouldn't pick up and use the shell.

I then tested this on a separate embark, with the same order settings, by butchering a caveturtle.  Its remains including shell get put in the food stockpile, but then upon attempting to make shell crafts at the craftdwarfs workshop I get 'cancels make shell crafts, needs unrotten shell body part'.

Any idea what's going on here?  It could be a bug perhaps, I'm running 4a still for the moment but I didn't see a fix for it (if it is a bug) listed in the changelog for 4b.  Everything is outside, and nothing is forbidden or dumped.

Oh, and all the various simple settings are off, and the 'harder x' settings are also off (I'm relatively inexperienced at DF).  Everything else is default, as far as I can remember.

EDIT: Searching back, noticed someone else with the same problem, shall try fishpond as it was suggested to them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:22:01 am by Salisen »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:19 am »

Malachite is harder to find than tetrahedrite.   It's because tetra is found in all stone layers but malachite (if not changed) is found in marble and metamorphic layers. This lessens it's chance to show up at any given spot, especially that volcano I love.

I use 250 when I gen worlds and get good results of both volume and variety. Going up to 400 I noticed a drop were only one or 2 metals were plentiful at my ideal embarks.

well tetrahedrite isn't available either.

What gives?  I have this embark profile setup for a total embark points of 1892, and I'm trying to start with casseterite and copper so I can make bronze... what are the copper producing metals with simpler minerals on?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1196 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:31 am »

well tetrahedrite isn't available either.

What gives?  I have this embark profile setup for a total embark points of 1892, and I'm trying to start with casseterite and copper so I can make bronze... what are the copper producing metals with simpler minerals on?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It depends on your worldgen and site, not your embark profile. if your home civ does not have the metals in the mountainhomes, you cant embark with them.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 14, 2013, 10:58:23 am »

Seems fishy. I tried to embark on quite a few places using 2 diff worlds...

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 14, 2013, 12:25:34 pm »

Seems fishy. I tried to embark on quite a few places using 2 diff worlds...

Are you using perfect world?  If you are playing around with volcanism settings, you might have limited your metamorphic layers.

I'd argue that malachite should be changed to all stone layers like tetra was (is) so that it's found as the "easy" metal. Meph's choice on that though.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 14, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »

I did a diverse world set to 127x127. Ill try again tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 165