Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201233 times)

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1170 on: October 12, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

i kinda guess they arent actually dwarves of your civ, but "pets" (at least same problem is the case with tame "whatever"-men)

at least it sounds like that

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 12, 2013, 04:33:51 pm »

(( longtime lurker on the forums, not much of a poster ))

I'm having a little trouble with the townportal and the dwarfs I summon from it. I requested a marksdwarf and got him, but was unable to assign him to a military squad or as a noble. Am I missing a step?

I remember reading somewhere that they need to become a historical figure before they can become soldiers. A masterwork craft should work. Killing something might work as well.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1172 on: October 12, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »

(( longtime lurker on the forums, not much of a poster ))

I'm having a little trouble with the townportal and the dwarfs I summon from it. I requested a marksdwarf and got him, but was unable to assign him to a military squad or as a noble. Am I missing a step?

I remember reading somewhere that they need to become a historical figure before they can become soldiers. A masterwork craft should work. Killing something might work as well.
Thats correct. There is no way around it, I should probably make a notice of that in the manual though. Its a very weird quirk of them... all other methods of getting new civ-members has the same problem btw. Maybe I should restrict the townportal to peasants only.

Raultor: I changed it from sprites to changelings... it worked with sprites, I did that often enough.... but I havent tested with changelings yet, maybe there is one tag missing. I'll test.
In the Biologist's Study:
is it possible to research multiple times the same thing? Like double damage.
Does it stack?
Should the research option be disabled after researching it?
I cant disable something, but the things dont stack. so do each one only once. ^^ I think I wrote somewhere that its best to take notes, otherwise you forget. ^^

I've asked over in the dfHack thread and been ignored for over a week so I'm asking here; does anyone know of a way with the burrow command to add or remove tiles from a burrow based on how good or evil the tile is other than manually?
I dont think so. Its definitly impossible atm, and I dont know if such a script could be written. probably yes, but I wouldnt know how.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 12, 2013, 11:53:57 pm »

In the Biologist's Study:
is it possible to research multiple times the same thing? Like double damage.
Does it stack?
Should the research option be disabled after researching it?
I cant disable something, but the things dont stack. so do each one only once. ^^ I think I wrote somewhere that its best to take notes, otherwise you forget. ^^

The "finish research" reaction does mean you've accomplished it, right?

I've asked over in the dfHack thread and been ignored for over a week so I'm asking here; does anyone know of a way with the burrow command to add or remove tiles from a burrow based on how good or evil the tile is other than manually?
I dont think so. Its definitly impossible atm, and I dont know if such a script could be written. probably yes, but I wouldnt know how.

That's a pity.  I know probe returns how evil a tile is so I'm guessing it should be possible if you knew how, I don't know enough of the scripting language to make sense of what's going on even if the burrow command wasn't compiled.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

merp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 13, 2013, 06:44:02 am »

Hey Meph!

How come you stockpile booze 5 to a barrel?  Is it cause you hate booze cooking?
Also, why did you change milk to 2 points at embark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1175 on: October 13, 2013, 07:41:46 am »

Hey Meph!

How come you stockpile booze 5 to a barrel?  Is it cause you hate booze cooking?
Also, why did you change milk to 2 points at embark?
You asked me literally the same before. The first question still makes no sense, and I raised the milk price, because I think its too cheap.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:06 am »

How do I make ink? I have all the ingredients but all options are still red.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 13, 2013, 10:09:04 am »

How do I make ink? I have all the ingredients but all options are still red.

Try queuing Make Ink up in the job manager. It's a vanilla bug.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 13, 2013, 10:22:33 am »

Make sure you have a jug to put the ink in.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

merp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 13, 2013, 01:14:44 pm »

Sorry, the other thread got buried, I thought it was gone, that's why I asked twice.

Doh!

Booze normally stacks up to 25 to a barrel. 
I might be mistaken, but I thought your mod only allows for 5 booze per barrel.
Or do you just do that at embark in order to give more free barrels?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:17:59 pm by merp »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1180 on: October 13, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

No, it doesnt. Booze stacks till unlimited in barrels, based on the number of plants in the stack. 1 plant = 5 booze. 5 plants = 25 booze.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 13, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »

Has anybody managed to successfully use the dfterm3 with MW? I tried dumping the dfterm3 zip into a copy of the MW folder, and merging/overwriting files but when I tried to join using the link on the forum all it had was a bunch of random numbers and letters on a black background.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 13, 2013, 03:06:56 pm »

I did. Press F12 to turn off truetype.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 13, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »

Someone said that also disables texture packs. Which I kind of need in order to play.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 13, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

It doesn't disable them. Not sure where you heard that. What you probably heard is that DFTerm3 isn't compatible with tilesets, which it isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 165