Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201341 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1005 on: September 24, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »

It's Garden of Gaia with 100 years of history  :(
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 24, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

Armor layering in vanilla is just plain crazy.

One thing I do when getting each version of Masterwork is to change all of the Padded Armors to LAYER_SIZE:10, LAYER_PERMIT:49, and LAYER:UNDER.  All of the Mail items go to LAYER_SIZE:15, LAYER_PERMIT:49, LAYER:OVER.  All of the Armor pieces go to LAYER_SIZE:25, LAYER_PERMIT:49, and LAYER:ARMOR.

Now that I think about it.  I'm going to drop LAYER_PERMIT down to 26. That should make it so that the best layout will be one of each vs. the possible two sets of mail being worn under the armor.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 24, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

whats an Iron Guardian?

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 24, 2013, 07:36:36 pm »

Well some sort of megabeast strength creation most likely. Sounds a lot like a Guardian of Armok.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Guardian_of_armok

A gigantic statue made of iron sent by armok to aid you. The guardian is an even match for most megabeasts and immune to almost all effects. Weaker invasion forces will crumble before him and he makes a great addition to your army if frost giants invade.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »

My archaeologist found it, do you know how to activate it?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 24, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

I'd say try using a spawn point.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 24, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

What is its exact name? It's not a Guardian of Armok if it's inactive but it's probably a golem. To activate a golem, you need an advanced workshop named Volcanic Golemforge, which needs 4 Blocks, 1 Anvil, 1 Golem Heart, 1 Scientific Discovery to build. It's not something you are meant to active in the first few years of embark obviously. Though it's not activated, it will still fight if something hostile gets near it, so it's not useless. Just plunk it down in the entrance and it will do it's job well enough.

Pascale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »

Armor layering in vanilla is just plain crazy.

One thing I do when getting each version of Masterwork is to change all of the Padded Armors to LAYER_SIZE:10, LAYER_PERMIT:49, and LAYER:UNDER.  All of the Mail items go to LAYER_SIZE:15, LAYER_PERMIT:49, LAYER:OVER.  All of the Armor pieces go to LAYER_SIZE:25, LAYER_PERMIT:49, and LAYER:ARMOR.

Now that I think about it.  I'm going to drop LAYER_PERMIT down to 26. That should make it so that the best layout will be one of each vs. the possible two sets of mail being worn under the armor.

Aye don't suppose you could tell me how to do that? I'm sure I could figure it out myself with the raws in front of me and enough time but have mercy on a poor soul?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 24, 2013, 08:54:27 pm »

You literally replace the numbers/words in the exact tokens given with the exact numbers/words given.

Pascale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 24, 2013, 08:56:44 pm »

Alright, I feel stupid now, thanks Putnam.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »

Its name is Iron Guardian of Armok
and by activate I meant use it.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 24, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »

and now df crashed before a seasonal save, wonderful aagh now lets see if that archaelogist finds it again.
well he didn't find it but the question remains whatdo I do with one when I get it? again
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:23:10 pm by Wafflelordling »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 25, 2013, 08:07:47 am »

check the Temple of Armok, unless Meph moved it that's where the activation reaction is.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 25, 2013, 08:15:06 am »

check the Temple of Armok, unless Meph moved it that's where the activation reaction is.

Meph changed the reaction to directly spawn the guardian and removed the old activation reaction in V.3i. So there's no reaction to activate the Iron Guardian of Armok anymore.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 25, 2013, 08:20:03 am »

Meph changed the reaction to directly spawn the guardian and removed the old activation reaction in V.3i. So there's no reaction to activate the Iron Guardian of Armok anymore.

haven't had one in 3i yet so I was unaware of that, thought the sprite requirement was all that had changed.

As for using it; I'd suggest assigning it to a pasture in or just outside your entrance.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 165