Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201349 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #960 on: September 21, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »

yes, also works on a running save. Honestly, once I do the new library system, I really have to overthink the printing press. As much as I like the idea behind it, it doesnt really work out as a game feature.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 21, 2013, 01:58:00 pm »

Are dwarves immune to suffocating in water in this mod? I noticed a few weird things...
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »

No. Some may be, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

No, only water-mages are. And the undeads of course, like vampires and liches.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 21, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

Well at first I managed to trap a miner in an aquifer and he wasn't suffocating or anything, just didn't want to mine his own way out. He's not a member of any guilds and not a wizard.

Then a hill titan came, and my Level 2 earth wizard fought him inside a 7/7 lake until it died (took quite a while).

edit: nope, they're drowning, it just takes a lot of time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:27:25 pm by Blue_Dwarf »

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 22, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

I've started having a lot of trouble getting my troops to equip themselves properly. My tried and tested loadout seems to not be fitting on them any more.

If anyone has had better luck in 3i, I would love to know your uniform set up.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 22, 2013, 06:29:51 pm »

Were prepared meal ingredient descriptions changed from vanilla?

Instead of "masterfully minced" ingredients, I see "pepper-sprinklprepared spleen", without even a space between the words.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 22, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »

So what's the deal with corrupted bloodsteel? If I arm a dwarf with a weapon and ammo made from that stuff will something horrible happen?

Also what of the broodlords/mothers? Are they just intended to be a source of meat?

Pepsylo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2013, 07:41:51 am »

Where should i collect peat ? I understand i am supposed to designate a collection area, but what is a "source of peat" ?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2013, 08:14:36 am »

Wait for it...

Its peat.
The soil peat.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

Is it possible to make a separate stockpile for "(library goods) page" and "(library goods) farming tome" and such?

I'm really struggling with making a set of stockpiles just for the scriptorium.

Pepsylo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:29 am »

Wait for it...

Its peat.
The soil peat.
Thank you ^^

So if i dont get any "peat" layer material in my dfprospect output, i can conclude that my embark is empty of it, right ? Clay and Sand are in that list.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2013, 10:07:30 am »

How big is a Boulder Crab's litter? How many of them I can expect to be born after a year?

In case I want to "farm" flux stone from them safely.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:04 am »

How big is a Boulder Crab's litter? How many of them I can expect to be born after a year?

I wouldn't expect too much flux from that, while it would give you a major fps hit.

A safer and faster way would be to use moleweasels or other vermin-hunters. Vermin remains turn into flux (bone meal) at Apothecary's study.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2013, 10:29:16 am »

The broodlord/mother I bought answered my own question. Handy source of herbalists, engravers, and cooks (and thus future meatshields) they are. frees up my other dwarves for more important work.

My question about corrupted bloodsteel still stands though.

They have very small clutches of offspring (1-2 max per clutch) so probably no more than 4-6 if you're lucky, but if you wanted to you could mod that to be a little higher.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 165