Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201457 times)

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #915 on: September 17, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »

More just curious than anything, but I just had a necromancer siege show up in the second year of my new fort and within a few frames three of the four zombies fell over dead-dead for no obvious reason. A final zombie (as well as a few hidden necromancers I'm guessing) sits by a camp fire outside, but I'm just curious what happened to the first three zombies. Did Masterwork change how zombies function in some way that might have caused this? We're in a freezing biome if that might affect it.
whats your surroundings? cause in good biomes undead get instant killed and stay dead

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 17, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »

whats your surroundings? cause in good biomes undead get instant killed and stay dead

Made me doubt myself so I went back to the world map to confirm  :)

One biome is evil the other is neutral, zombies died in both, the one remaining zombie is hanging around in the neutral area.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:49 pm »

The 100% speed is completely harmless, its just used to add a syn-class, which blocks re-infection. The Patient 0 will stay virulent, but all other dwarves will become immune after they have gotten sick. they heal when the syndrome times out, after a month I think.

its a illness like the flu but different once a dwarf gets over it they go back to normal its not a 100% reduction then it would be 0% it goes back to normal at the same time the dwarf gets immune to that illness for life. the dwarf whose the carrier doesn't get over it and will keep infecting new migrants so you need to Quarantine  them one by one till one doesn't get better that's the carrier and needs to be "pampered" like nobles under a drawbridge cause they are incurable and will keep infecting migrants and merchants and diplomats. you could keep checking dwarfs till one is different then all the others in the dfhack screen buts that's not fun

Check and check. I'll ignore it for now because I'm pretty sure one of the caravan guards was actually patient 0 (I noticed some reports of him vomiting as he was making his way to the trade depot before he ever encountered any of my dwarves) and I'll consider more serious measures once the caravan leaves.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:19:46 pm by Niveras »

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 17, 2013, 06:22:31 pm »

Given the remaining zombie is hanging out close to the camp fire, I'm wondering if temperature is to blame. This might even be something that occurs in the base game, looking at the Icy Myr settings it allows for brutally cold temperatures you can't achieve in any of the normal map options so apparently it just reached the point where creatures unable to generate body heat turn into zomcicles.

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »

you guys got it lucky i still trying to find out what the hell a mentalist is in this he has some scary syndromes in his showunitsyndrome like blind unit daze unit raise unit silence unit convert unit I'm about to introduce him to my garbage disposal unless meph or someone tells me what the hell it is and if its bad

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 17, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »

it's one of the mage types.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2013, 05:35:23 am »

A Mentalist is a wanderer who was exposed to secret knowledge, maybe cursed, maybe just (un)lucky in the loot they found, legends should track their condition if religion wasn't the culprit. They are not one of the 12+6 mage types a fort can produce and its not like they are a magma spawning geomancer all set to set the world on fire at first sign of a thief showing up. Should be fine!

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »

Is there a way to use the DFHack Pref_Adjust on just one dwarf? Or a thread somewhere with info about it maybe.

Pepsylo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 19, 2013, 12:54:48 am »

Hi everyone

Is there a way for me to produce :
1) An "electrum bed"
2) A "green glass bed"

I need to fulfill some noble demands ^^

Thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 19, 2013, 01:17:24 am »

Hi everyone

Is there a way for me to produce :
1) An "electrum bed"
2) A "green glass bed"

I need to fulfill some noble demands ^^

Thanks

I would replace the noble's bed with magma while s/he is sleeping

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 19, 2013, 03:18:55 am »

Anyone know the average skill loadout of the normal and master goblin bowman... one of those (furious)aim-for-ya-throat guys ?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 19, 2013, 03:23:44 am »

Anyone know the average skill loadout of the normal and master goblin bowman... one of those (furious)aim-for-ya-throat guys ?

Furious is just a fittingly braindead way of saying elite marksgoblin, which would be one who is great or better. The regular ones run from novice to proficient, and generally average out at competent or skilled without the invader skill boost on, in which case they'll probably be up around accomplished or so I'm guessing. Same goes for any given melee enemy that comes to the fortress, hence why a few elite dwarves can tear through dozens of regular troops in one sitting.

This generally means they also have little/no melee skills excluding dodging from observations (they're absolutely pathetic when the gap is closed but they are pretty quick on thier feet to make up for it.)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:38 am »

Do I need a changeling for a mage familiar now, with the removal of sprites? Just has a level 2 airkin turn up, and may as well get him sorted out.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:27 am »

Meph needs to fix the code for familiars. No solution in the 3i version unless you were to add sprites back in yourself, or modify the reaction.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:42 pm »

What exactly is the purpose of scientific journals made from the printing press? Manual is silent on the matter.
Actually, I seem to be unable to make batches of books as well, raws reveals that empty books are the reagent, but those do not exist anymore to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:15:42 pm by Z1000000m »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 165