Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201533 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #840 on: September 08, 2013, 07:44:54 pm »

... Not in my v3h game, or in any of my previous v3* games. I've never had a dwarf haul an egg to a stockpile in which eggs were turned off (or even just the specific animal egg turned off - in those cases, female horned cave turtle eggs), despite various other food hauling being done. I'm extremely doubtful that I just lucked out and all eggs just happened to be ignored while dwarves are idle, or that other hauling tasks were prioritized.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:30 pm »

... Not in my v3h game, or in any of my previous v3* games. I've never had a dwarf haul an egg to a stockpile in which eggs were turned off (or even just the specific animal egg turned off - in those cases, female horned cave turtle eggs), despite various other food hauling being done. I'm extremely doubtful that I just lucked out and all eggs just happened to be ignored while dwarves are idle, or that other hauling tasks were prioritized.
Oh, had missed the "in the stockpiles" part. That can work.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 09, 2013, 12:00:12 am »

My experience is the same as Niveras. I always used to build little rooms with locked doors for egg-layers, but I got tired of the hassle. So I tried just turning them off in the kitchen and all stockpile. Worked perfectly. Much easier to manage the young ones this way too, since no hassles with trying to open doors, get them out, then get the doors locked again before some other dwarf poaches the eggs. Or fries them.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 09, 2013, 02:39:13 am »

I just turn eggs off in my stockpiles.  Don't mess with the Kitchen setting.  So long as I don't "Boil an egg", it's good to go.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 09, 2013, 12:24:28 pm »

I just turn eggs off in my stockpiles.  Don't mess with the Kitchen setting.  So long as I don't "Boil an egg", it's good to go.
I think raw eggs can be used to make meals though.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #845 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »

Since eggs need to be boiled to be edible in Masterwork, my dwarves ignored them as I intended.

True and not true at the same time. Vanilla eggs are also not edible till boiled, but no boiling reaction exists. ;) Raw eggs are not eaten, but only work as a reagent in a meal. Same in masterwork, but I added the option to simply boil an egg to make it edible, without the need to make a meal, because you cant specifiy to only use eggs in meals. (besides stockpile shenanigans)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 09, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »

I was musing over the animal raws and came across this possible typo..

Giant Blade Spiders are size 60,000 (the mass of an adult dwarf) and building_destroyer_1, both genders adult.

But...

Giant Drowspiders are female adult size 300k male size 250k and not building_destroyer

Thinking the size of the average giant blade spider is a bit under valued.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #847 on: September 10, 2013, 12:06:13 am »

I think the 60kg spider is ok, its just the 300kg drowspider is too large. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 10, 2013, 01:24:28 am »

It's in cm^3, not kg. The kg depends entirely on the materials the creature is made up of.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 10, 2013, 05:02:28 am »

There's certainly a lot of variability in normal spiders, it stands to reason that the giant varieties might also have quite significant differences between species.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 10, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

The vanilla standard GCS is 200k by comparison, no issue making the giant drowspider smaller. I would say if the Bladed variety stays smaller, just remove the building_destroyer_1 tag, it's hardly the beast the Giant Cave Spider is.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 11, 2013, 05:58:15 am »

I have no issue with the Giant Drowspider being brought down a few sizes.

My last three forts have all been attacked by goblins and orcs riding Giant Drowspider mounts. Anything else and I just let them in, but spiders...

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 11, 2013, 06:49:19 am »

What does "spawn items" in the distillery do?

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:53 am »

cheat reaction that Meph left in by mistake.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #854 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:02 am »

I moved it by now, together with all other testing, to a specific test-building. I might even make it an option in the GUI, so that people that want to test features have access to it.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 165