Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201706 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2013, 05:33:25 pm »

I dont know if it works within the justice system however it is useful for things like negating the risk of a vampire/bloodbeast/cultist until such time as you have an Armoks Ward/Magma Shower/Arena full of mega-beasts to cure their affliction.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 14, 2013, 05:53:12 pm »

I just have a mayor that's getting bad thoughts because someone farted in her general direction or something.

OT: Really, the justice system is horrible. Its only purpose is to punish the player. It would be much better if dwarves with worn clothes or bad thoughts were prone to stealing or vandalism (short of a tantrum, of course). Starting fistfights, defacing engravings, peeing in the water supply. Not just Average Urist doing his job like I told him to.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 14, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »

I killed a kobold, he dropped a "loot bag", what can I do with it?

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 14, 2013, 06:10:52 pm »

You can open it for a bunch of high value melting materials in the researchers study. Its can be finicky though so make sure the bag and study are in the same burrow.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 14, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

Just started a new fort, everything was going smoothly (Harder Farming) turned on... but...  I made a few plots outside in daylight above ground tried planting some strawberries (and I DO have seeds) and all it's allowing me to plant are Bloated tubers.

Thats actually the ONLY plant type available to plant in any season I try. Anyone else seen this? I have harvested strawberry sees and know I have them, but that shouldnt matter anyway. All I see is the option for bloated tubers. I even made potash to see if I had to fertilize first, but no go even after fertilizing the fields.

EDIT:  I think I figured it out... I had only clay and no soil, so I had no "mud"... I'm hoping I can irrigate them or something. I really need outdoor crops
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:32:38 pm by CheeseHolePete »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 14, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

Sawdust, can I do anything with it other than plywood? They are getting rather annoying on my stockpiles, and I can't quite simply throw it in lava, thanks to it having quality value, which means there are masterworks and can cause tantrums.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 14, 2013, 09:37:04 pm »

CHP: Is it possible you're in a freezing biome? The wiki has them listed under "Not Freezing (Dry)" but it doesn't explain what the (Dry) means. If you can grow Tubers it might be too wet to grow Strawberries.

Felius: I think I saw Sawdust in my trade window, if nothing else, you may be able to get the traders to haul the masterwork sawdust away.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

Felius: I think I saw Sawdust in my trade window, if nothing else, you may be able to get the traders to haul the masterwork sawdust away.
It's rather annoying too, because sawdust is numerous, completely worthless (at 0 bucks) for traders, and lack a unique designation, so they just stay on the finish goods bins. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 14, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

CHP: Is it possible you're in a freezing biome? The wiki has them listed under "Not Freezing (Dry)" but it doesn't explain what the (Dry) means. If you can grow Tubers it might be too wet to grow Strawberries.

Thanks. I suppose it doesnt matter at this point as I had barely gotten through 2 seasons and somehow while mining gold only 2 z levels from the surface, about 6 "metal wraiths" spawned and massacred my entire fort  :)  FUN

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:11:12 pm by CheeseHolePete »

blazing glory

« Reply #699 on: August 14, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »

I killed a kobold, he dropped a "loot bag", what can I do with it?
You can open it for a bunch of high value melting materials in the researchers study. Its can be finicky though so make sure the bag and study are in the same burrow.

you can open loot bags? :o i just sold them because i could not do anything with it

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »

I have a question. I can't find anywhere whether or not Broken Arrows or some other archery rebalancing mod is included in masterwork, so I'm wondering if one is?  In vanilla bolts are way too op so I was hoping they would be fixed here

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 14, 2013, 11:22:59 pm »

Blazing Glory: You might have Archaelogy turned off? I can't open them because I turned off that shop. There are a lot of features that get broken if you turn off things like the Metallurgist and the Archaelogy stuff.

CHP: Sand, soil, mud or clay shouldn't matter, FYI. Only Biome and Inside/Outside matter as far as I can tell. Season too, of course.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:24:45 pm by masterdiscord »

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 15, 2013, 07:29:59 am »

Masterdiscord: The process plants labor (along with pressing) is combined into the miller labor.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28:00 am »

Okay, I wonder why my miller was ignoring the workshop? Probably something with Workflow or his other labors. Thanks.

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 15, 2013, 02:48:56 pm »

The things you learn!

I always assumed this was a junk item to sell for beans to traders. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 165