Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201687 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #585 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:42 am »

Harder smithing makes you need twice as much time, mining, hauling, smelting and fuel to create metal. Its not just the total amount you can find. The mineral scarcity is so low because otherwise the amount of types is lower and cant accomodate the new mineral (cobalt, titanium, chrome, wolfram, mithril), the metalwraiths, the coal-dust-bearing rock...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Anth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 30, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »

Is slag good for weapons? My weapons smith just made a legendary spear out of slag and im curious if its worth using.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 30, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »

Are Spritelings known for randomly changing into something? One arrived as a pet with a migrant and just turned into a blizzard elemental.

No it was not a mage pet, nor was any mageing going on anywhere near it, my fort is still getting the materials together to make my first trainee, the migrant it belongs to isn't a mage either.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:10:55 pm by Panopticon »

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »

Anth: Slag is basically a by-product of your metalworking operations, and we humans couldn't even make anything out of it. Haven't checked the raws, but I doubt it has good sharpness and/or weight. I might be wrong of course, I saw a dwarf decapitate a human trader with a siltstone axe yesterday.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:01 pm »

Anything made from it should be rather heavy, not really worth anything though.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:53 pm »

Anything made from it should be rather heavy, not really worth anything though.

Sounds good for blunt weapons
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »

Are Spritelings known for randomly changing into something? One arrived as a pet with a migrant and just turned into a blizzard elemental.

No it was not a mage pet, nor was any mageing going on anywhere near it, my fort is still getting the materials together to make my first trainee, the migrant it belongs to isn't a mage either.
The interaction to transform sprites into blizzard elementals are only in the water mage caste of dwarves. No migrant that is a mage? Check Therapists caste tab please, otherwise I have no idea.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 31, 2013, 01:12:32 pm »

I'm planing to embark on glasier biome because Dwarf of the north outfit with fur armor is too badass to resist  ;).

But I'm a bit worry about the civilian. Is there any way to assign fur cloth to them? Cause the only method I can think is making a squad for all of them and assign it mannually will not be !!FUN!! at all.

Another question, how many part of the cloth have to be fur to make cold resistance effect active? Can I have an ironclad dwarf with only fur cloak?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:18:44 pm by Nuttycompa »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »

You can make fur armor or fur clothing. Dwarves will embark and grab fur clothing randomly, the armor you can assign. So yeah, military armor for all, if you really want to do it that way. Or produce only fur clothing.

Two things you have to bear in mind:
1. One single fur item is enough. even one glove. Thats how the code behind it works...
2. Not every glacier has the freezing interactions and sleet and hail... its randomized, you might find one that perfectly fine without the need for fur.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 31, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

It appears I do have one Arcane Dwarf, but he isn't in any of the specific mage guilds or whatever yet.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »

When talking about the new decorations you state...
THESE ONLY WORK WITH THE MASTERWORK TILESET (DEFAULT) Phoebus/Ironhand/Ascii wont have those, because the tilesets are missing the correct tiles.

Honestly, I have no idea what this means, there is no Masterwork tileset though there's Color: default+/-

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

Matrix, the default tileset. I cant rename the button atm. As long as you play with the default tileset, you get the decorations.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2013, 03:56:51 am »

I remember matrix from a few years ago, so that explains the confusion.

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 01, 2013, 04:04:12 pm »

Help!! pls!  I have a great fortress going but I have alot of "slag bar (massive)" cluttering everything up... but I cant dump them or pit them because they are masterwork quality and all my furnace operators are going berserk when they get destroyed!!

What can I do pls???

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 01, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

Lol pray to armok and keep destroying them?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 165