Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201747 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #555 on: July 27, 2013, 11:35:27 pm »

Probably burrows. It cant find the sawblades because they are stored outside the burrow that the sawmill is in. Even if the burrow is inactive thats a problem. Otherwise it should work fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 28, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »

I have a question... What exactly is a changeling...? A migrant from my first wave (playing the newest version now :D) brought one along... I know they are pretty much shape shifters but what is the benefit of this? I looked at their bio and it says one should be careful about changing them into wild beast. Would it be possible for me to change it into a domestic dragon? I believe you're supposed to be able to get those from elves? Or maybe some other powerful creature that could be very very epic...?

Sorry if this is a noobish question, I wasn't expecting to get a changeling so early in the game haha.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2013, 01:05:23 pm »

The changeling can currently be used to transform into a "ward of armok" at the temple, (which helps against possessions and some secret enemies), or monsters to fight in the colosseum. I plan to have changelings transform into friendly pet-monsters using warpstone in the warpstone lab, but that is quite some time off.

You also have two similar creatures, the toolkit and the sprite. They work the same way, toolkits transform into landmines and turrets (at the machine factory) and sprites transform into animated objects, like the scarecrow, decoy, guardian of armok, golems, gargoyle statues...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 28, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »

The changeling can currently be used to transform into a "ward of armok" at the temple, (which helps against possessions and some secret enemies), or monsters to fight in the colosseum. I plan to have changelings transform into friendly pet-monsters using warpstone in the warpstone lab, but that is quite some time off.

You also have two similar creatures, the toolkit and the sprite. They work the same way, toolkits transform into landmines and turrets (at the machine factory) and sprites transform into animated objects, like the scarecrow, decoy, guardian of armok, golems, gargoyle statues...

Ah okay. Thanks for the reply Meph. :3 I'll keep those things in mind.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2013, 02:45:51 pm »

playing on a 2x3 embark with no corpses in hopes of delaying fps death (last game I got to year 6 and fps dropped to as low as 22!)

Anyways.

I don't seem to have any tallow.  I'm wondering if it's a byproduct of corpses?  I have some animals, I butchered one, and no tallow showed up to render in the kitchen...

I'm wondering if no corpses has somehow made the game that much harder...  I assume no corpses probably means invader corpses?

Nevermind, I seemed to have been cooking it in the past.  However, I think there is less tallow than I remember with corpses on, not sure if they're related
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:51:14 pm by thistleknot »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 28, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

experimenting with the magic system.  It's asking for a platinum shield but I don't seem to be able to order one made...what am I doing wrong?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #561 on: July 28, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »

Whats wrong is that I am... an idiot? Of course platinum is lacking the tags for this, I should have known. I'll fix it for the next release. You can use dfhack createitems to get one in the meantime.

EDIT: Ah, that really bugs me now. Such a silly mistake.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 28, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »

um...how?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #563 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »

Open the included dfhack readme, search for "createitem" script, and read it. ;) I dont have all usage of all scripts memorized ^^

Folke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2013, 01:45:37 am »

Probably a rather odd and stupid question.

But does plate chainmail act as a breastplate or chainmail? It requires a breastplate to make it...

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2013, 02:47:24 am »

Hi again guys. I'm a little confused about guilds/castes. How is the person that is going to join the caste when you use the action in the Guild Hall determined? Should i be doing something specific about it to be sure the right person will be chosen?

Also, for the mechanics that require gold coins, should i be minting all of them or is there something else i don't know? Shoul i just use the alchemist lab or trade for gold if i don't have gold in my embark spot?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2013, 02:52:53 am »

Chosen by who does the reaction.

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2013, 03:33:34 am »

Chosen by who does the reaction.
I could swear i had someone in another z-level undergoing the "transformation". Maybe it's a bug related to having queue multiples?

Guess from now on i'll just make a stockpile of coins right next to the guild all and use burrows + locked doors to be sure the dwarf i want will be the one joining.

Folke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2013, 04:23:41 am »

I usually just use the manager for workshop profiles to choose which dwarves will do the reaction.

Dutchpower

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 29, 2013, 06:35:07 am »

Did the goblin ambushes get buffed? They feel much stronger now, riding their drow spiders.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 165