Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201851 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2013, 02:48:15 am »

Catapult ammo works when shot from a catapult. That easy.

Mead reaction can be added to brewery. I only used plants, so I never noticed that honey-drinks were missing.

Manual seems to be outdated on the topic of poison, it is indeed the bane spider (the little cyan spider colonies that you can farm in hives) that you need.

Drow spider venom is just a random creature venom, like any other spider or snake venom. I cant say how good or bad it is from memory, but all venoms you can buy, you can use in the imported venom reaction. Coral snake venom is deadly, I can tell you that much. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2013, 06:22:57 am »

Coral snake venom is deadly, I can tell you that much. ^^

Which is why it costs more from the caravans.  But with a high priority on the Wish List, it can be obtained in quantity.  Early in the now-locked thread, a half-dozen times or so you were asked about stacking runes: “so, I can stack the same rune over and over?”  No, but each different rune can be used grouped together on a single stack of weapons/armor.  I can’t find in the raws the reaction mechanism you used to do that; can you (meaning, anybody) point it out to me?  The reason being, I want to know if it’s possible to stack poisons in the same way: different effects stacking together.  Most of the syndromes overlap, just varying in intensity/duration but, not all of them.  What if my toxicologist is some super-Sadi-ist who wants to combine coral snake venom with toad milk – is that possible?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2013, 06:39:19 am »

Runes and poisons use exactly the same mechanic, which is a keyword in the raws that grabs the attention of dfhack SPATTER_ADD script, which is why you cant really find it in the raws.

To answer the question: You can stack as many different poisons as you like on the same weapon/trap/ammo, and even add every type of rune to it, just to make sure.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:22 am »

Runes and poisons use exactly the same mechanic, which is a keyword in the raws that grabs the attention of dfhack SPATTER_ADD script, which is why you cant really find it in the raws.

To answer the question: You can stack as many different poisons as you like on the same weapon/trap/ammo, and even add every type of rune to it, just to make sure.

Does that mean that DFhack's "clean all" will destroy poisons?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2013, 07:08:28 am »

Ah.  Cool.  Way cool.  Thanks. 
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2013, 07:11:17 am »

Ehm.. I dont know. Testing has to be done. :P

I know rain doesnt matter, and they clean blood and stuff of their weapons, but the "improvements" stay, but I dont know about specific dfhack scripts. Why dont you try and let me know? ;)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:24 pm »

So runedwarf won't just grab the nearest weapon (including those already enchanted with specific rune), wasting your resources?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

So runedwarf won't just grab the nearest weapon (including those already enchanted with specific rune), wasting your resources?

Nope.  I was afraid of this at first, but in 3a, the dwarf will grab any weapon not already adorned with the particular rune he's about to add.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »

Does that mean that DFhack's "clean all" will destroy poisons?

Yes.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2013, 04:51:49 pm »

Thats cool.

But do enchanting or poisoning change the weapon itself?

What i mean is would enchanting a named weapon turn it into a mundane one?
Or perhaps named weapons cant be used at all(they are lsited in the artifacts screen after all)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »

No. Enchanting is, like Meph said, just putting a spatter on top of the stuff. It doesn't change the weapon in any way.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

So, mines work by triggering a dust effect right?

Can they target creatures on diffrent z levels?

I'm thinking of putting some mines on walls for more durable fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:53 pm »

Yes, probably, on walls? They're creatures.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2013, 04:14:56 am »

So, mines work by triggering a dust effect right?

Can they target creatures on diffrent z levels?

I'm thinking of putting some mines on walls for more durable fun.

You can stick them in cages and shoot them from a catapult. It is also a good use for all those warlock spies.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2013, 06:39:35 am »

You've actually done this, and it works?
Probably everyone remembers that scene of the siege on Gondor in LOTR where the commanding Orc calmly watched the big rock coming at him and just stepped to one side.  But if a catapult can toss a cage that breaks open on impact, a syndrome-producing mine would effectively be a ballistic, AoE biological WMD. 
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 165