Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201621 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »

F11 to go out of fullscreen

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:11 pm »

F11 to go out of fullscreen

Ah Putnam, somehow whenever I have questions you always answer the one that is mildly annoying and ignore the horribly debilitating. Its actually very dwarfy.
:P

Also thank you.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:39 am »

Could someone provide some insight into the workings of embassy reactions?

Judging from last fort, it spawns a few harrasers regardless of the fact that a civ is dead.
Also, are Frost giants indedpendant? I only saw them either as thieves after declaring a war or leading most of the warlock ambushers. One was also an Orc warlord, but there were no sieges or ambushes by them on their own.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2013, 08:39:04 am »

Also, are Frost giants indedpendant? I only saw them either as thieves after declaring a war or leading most of the warlock ambushers. One was also an Orc warlord, but there were no sieges or ambushes by them on their own.

Hold that thought. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2013, 06:32:44 pm »

I disabled the slag pit and harder mining/smithing/smelting, and yet my smelters are making slag. The option to build a slag pit isn't there either, so I know I disabled it (I've used/built it before and I can gen a world where it's all working as intended). Is that meant to be possible? Is it a bug? I can't seem to reproduce the results.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:53 pm »

I disabled the slag pit and harder mining/smithing/smelting, and yet my smelters are making slag. The option to build a slag pit isn't there either, so I know I disabled it (I've used/built it before and I can gen a world where it's all working as intended). Is that meant to be possible? Is it a bug? I can't seem to reproduce the results.

So you genned a world with harder smelting, embarked, then turned off the slag pit and replaced the raws folder in the save?  It might be that DF saves the smelting results for each ore somewhere outside the raws folder (perhaps at embark time), and so those things can't be changed in an existing save.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:36 pm »

So you genned a world with harder smelting, embarked, then turned off the slag pit and replaced the raws folder in the save?  It might be that DF saves the smelting results for each ore somewhere outside the raws folder (perhaps at embark time), and so those things can't be changed in an existing save.

I didn't embark with harder smelting or any of those things enabled including the slag pit under 'workshops', nor change anything after embarking - the options remained the same when I checked. I assumed the slag pit workshop controls whether slag is produced, rather then harder smelting, right?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »

I didn't embark with harder smelting or any of those things enabled including the slag pit under 'workshops', nor change anything after embarking - the options remained the same when I checked. I assumed the slag pit workshop controls whether slag is produced, rather then harder smelting, right?

Erm, yes.  I typed "harder smelting", then checked the raws and corrected my post to say "slag pit", but apparently I missed a spot.

Have you looked at exactly which reactions produce slag?  Maybe it's just some of them.  (You can check what bars an ore will produce by selecting it in the "Stone" section of the status menu [press z].)
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2013, 09:21:29 pm »

Erm, yes.  I typed "harder smelting", then checked the raws and corrected my post to say "slag pit", but apparently I missed a spot.

Have you looked at exactly which reactions produce slag?  Maybe it's just some of them.  (You can check what bars an ore will produce by selecting it in the "Stone" section of the status menu [press z].)

All the normal metal ores produce it, iron, gold, silver, coppper, zinc etc', like they normally would if slag pits were enabled.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2013, 02:38:24 am »

All the normal metal ores produce it, iron, gold, silver, coppper, zinc etc', like they normally would if slag pits were enabled.

What happens if you replace the raws folder in the save with the raws folder from the main DF folder?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2013, 04:39:41 am »

There is a possible explanation for this:

You disabled slagpit. This disables slag and the slagpit building.
You then changed the tileset. This adds the fitting raws for the right tiles, including the inorganics bearing slag. Since the tilesets use the default setting, slag is on.
You now have a set of raws with no slagpit building, but some inorganics bearing slag.

Double click on the slagpit button to turn it off... you know, reset, ON/OFF, to fix it. But that wont help an already generated world all that much...

I think I have to come up with a better system for this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:20 pm »

Can someone who understands reactions and raws take a quick peak at the slade turret reaction at the machine shop? I've been trying for a while to get that reaction running, but the job remains red even though I clearly have all the reagents. I've got 15 slade, 70 mechanisms, 190 iron bars, 80 copper bars, 4 clockworks and plenty of toolkits stationed on the machine shop, but I'm having trouble getting getting the reaction started.

I've double checked most things that would mess up the reaction. No link issues, all regs are available, no burrow issues. Hellfire, acid, fire and warpstone turrets are available for building.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

@V.E.R. -- I don't see any problem with the raw either.  have you tried having the manager run the reaction?  Sometimes he can just fix it, or give you error message

DeathPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2013, 03:36:12 pm »

Hey I don't know if my problem is a bug, some fun stuff or I'm just to nooby, so I ask it here.

My problem is that a dwarf is in his workshop (jeweler's) since many weeks and gets thirsty and hungry and sleeps on the ground.
When I give him a task in that workshop it only says that I don't have the stuff though I see it in my stockpile. He ignores other tasks completely.
He has no mood and the only thing he does allday  is running arround in his workshop.

So please could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »

Sort of nooby, but it's OK :) 

Jeweler's workshop has a solid column of impassible tiles on the right; I bet you trapped him in a corner by building it into an alcove or something like that.  This is a vanilla thing, not Masterwork.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 165