Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201546 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2013, 08:47:41 pm »

Dragonfire, not magma.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

Hellfireturrets/landmines also destroy magma-safe stuff, its to make them more difficult to use. They kill everything anyway, so you better watch out for friendly fire. That was the idea.

Warlock spies transform into a new creature, when they are killed then you get no loyality cascade. Looks like someone died at sparring (maybe sparring with rune-enchanted weapons?) or something else happened... I dont know. But no normal part of the mod forces loyality cascades.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2013, 05:27:43 am »

It didn't turn into a full cascade, I think the guy that discovered and then swiftly killed the warlock went berserk and just kinda started swinging... with a Legendary Steel Halbred. I only ended up losing 3 or 4 to the whole mess and the rest are back to dandy do, besides the one that crawled off into a corner to die and is now beating in the skull of the "nurse" dwarf that went to help him...

Thanks for the info though, I will just have to be a little more careful in the positioning of any Hellfire turrets I decide to use in the future. Maybe the Drow will understand and ignore the entire caravan that got melted into ash. Interestingly enough an actual Dragon showed up shortly after, destroyed my main gate, and then got beaten to death by the Guardian of Armok I had just inside, even with basically every limb already broken.

Edit: Quick unrelated addition. What can we do with pheonix feathers?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:30:36 am by Repseki »

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:09 am »

It seems that I can't clean pond turtle shell anymore. Am I missing something? Has a tanner and a refuse stockpile full of pond turtle shells. The reaction is red. I do have the leatherworking and diplomacy activated. I have the Fish feature in the Creature tap off. Anyone knows what's going on?

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »

You could rename the folder to something else (any name should work, as long as it doesn't have a season name attached to the end), and DF should accept it. (Make sure you do this while DF isn't running!) If you want, you could also rename each of your backups to match the new folder name if it's different.

Tried changing it to Region1, but when it next did a regional save it made a new folder. Maybe it's meant to do that though.

I'm not sure if quicksave is working now. Where would quicksave actually save the files usually? In Region1?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »

dead: I fixed it... somehow some shells were ok, some other were not ok for tanning.

DG123: Always in the active folder, which means the folder you loaded. If you load your game from region1, it will save in region1. If you load region1 summer 104, then autosave (and the normal save) will save in region1 summer 104, even if its autumn or winter 105 already, doesnt matter. Its just a name, can be anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2013, 09:21:49 am »

You fixed it? Like in the next version? Neat. Is it an easy fix, one that I can copy and paste into the raws somewhere or some kind of black magic that you be using.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

Has anyone tried the Weather Control building when weather is disabled?  Curious what would happen, but haven't had time to play and see what happens myself.

fasquardon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »

Nothing.

It's a DFHack thing.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »

i have a quick question about charcoal and i was wondering which building creates batches of coal, i have the manager set to burn scrapwood and i have the crematorium set up but the option is not there

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2013, 05:46:11 pm »

Crematorium is for ash.  You can burn scrap wood for coke at the smelter, or most efficiently at the Blast Furnace (for charcoal).
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

gn0rt0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »

Ok, I have a couple of questions, that I couldn't find answers to by searching and am hoping for some clarification.

1. Is there any way to search the manual? The old manual used to be searchable across all topics, but since going to the HTML manual I can only search content for the current page I am viewing. Is there another way to search across all the pages/links?

2. The wording for the Ward of Armok is a bit confusing to me. From reading it, it seems like I should be able to build the ward as a permanent structure, as well as from the temple reaction to Ask Armok for Help. The later transforms the dwarf performing the action into a ward temporarily.

I would like to build a full-time ward near my entrances, but can't find the option in the in-game menus. I had thought it might be a sub-action of a building such as a temple, but can't see one.

Thanks,
G

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »

How do you get turrets to fire at enemies?  I bought a bullet turret and I have it pastured behind a fortification along my entrance pathway.  I have seen enemies run right past it without it doing anything.  Am I missing something? 

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »

>> 1. Is there any way to search the manual? The old manual used to be searchable across all topics,
>> but since going to the HTML manual I can only search content for the current page I am viewing.

grep or find-in-files

sorry, i dunno much about the ward either, but Meph seems to always advise to use the temple.

>> How do you get turrets to fire at enemies?  I bought a bullet turret and I have it pastured behind a fortification along my entrance pathway.

sounds like you're doing it right, i dunno what's wrong.  bullet turrets i'd normally put somewhere with a large field of view like a little tower (unlike web turrets, they can shoot across z levels and at long range) rather than in a hallway, but it should work.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:42:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2013, 08:31:54 am »

Anyone know if they armor/weapon rune effects transfer over to Adventure Mode? Or if/how they could be made to work if they don't?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 165