Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201523 times)

Lostereadamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2013, 07:47:08 am »

Some questions about Masterwork specific HFS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Their shields are thick, their swords are sharp, and they are clad in the bones and skins of those who dared to stand against Depthhall. This beast's hide will clothe an army, it's meat will feed generations. This time the beast does not win. The dwarves will have their fortress. Losing is fun, motherfucker.]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2013, 08:00:25 am »

Its "Harder Mining" in the misc section. You can turn it off, but also loose warpstone along the way. Needs a new worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

What is "write fortress history" in scriptorium building?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:00 am »

I'm pretty sure that just runs the DFHack quicksave.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2013, 11:51:16 am »

Correct, it saves the game.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

r4NGe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »

I have around 85 dwarves (my cap was 70 or so) and a 20 million dollar fort value. In the nobles screen there is no info on king requirements. I had a baron (briefly) before he berserked and punched someone while surrounded by 30 war mastiffs.

Are there any increased requirements for king? I know he exists.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

The DF Wiki has a pretty clear run-through of the requirements for each level of fortress. It helped me when I was in a similar situation.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2013, 07:53:24 pm »

Correct, it saves the game.

On this subject, I don't think quicksave works for me. Any ideas why? My guess is because I loaded a seasonal save point earlier on, it's somehow messed up the save filing system (main save folder doesn't stay as Region1, but is always named after a season with the current season at the end of the folder name).

Can I fix it?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2013, 08:10:14 pm »

You could rename the folder to something else (any name should work, as long as it doesn't have a season name attached to the end), and DF should accept it. (Make sure you do this while DF isn't running!) If you want, you could also rename each of your backups to match the new folder name if it's different.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2013, 11:38:39 pm »

I have a few questions about Golem Forge:

1) How to repair/upgrade golem: should I pen\pasture them on buildings to repair or send them as a squad? (can't make them use workshop through Workshop Profile (there are no their names))
2) Where to get Rock Clockwork Part for upgrading golem?

Sound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2013, 04:51:39 am »

Do others have the problem where the dwarven civilization always dies in world-gen when picking the "Garden of Gaia (many biomes)" option? It has been a persistent problem since v2h for me.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »

So an interesting situation is unfolding within my fortress at the moment. Apparently I had a Warlock spy in one of my military squads that was training up as backup. As they were sparring a member of my other squad (full Steel Plate and Sup/Leg weapons) apparently figured it out and he was killed rather quickly. This has of course now started the fun, as it appears either a full out free for all death match has started, or the two squads have decided to kill each other, ignoring the whole one squad not even having weapons thing.

It's rather entertaining to watch, I was just wondering if this is basically par for the course when it comes to spies, or I somehow filled my military with a few to many emotional individuals?

Also any advice on what I might want to do next would be helpful. After watching one of my Leg Miner/Mason/Engravers nearly get mauled when he tried to retrieve a dead dwarf, I figure some of my military might need to be separated out, although he didn't seem to have any actual injuries so he might have just passed out.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2013, 02:41:44 pm »

Looks like a loyalty cascade, when your soldier killed the traitor he became the enemy of your civilization, so your other soldiers are attacking him now, and are becoming an enemy too, as he is still a member of your civ...rinse and repeat. :)

Get the unarmored squad out of there ASAP, seal in the fighters and wait it out. I think you have lost all the fighters, but you can still save the fort before it escalates any more.

Someone with more experience with warlock spies could have more to say, I don't know if this is supposed to play out like this or not. Probably yes.

Next time if you have a suspicious dwarf build a temple, burrow the dwarf there, and pray for Armok's help, that should cure him.

Lostereadamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2013, 06:48:34 pm »

Thanks Meph, I thought it might have something to do with it.
[Their shields are thick, their swords are sharp, and they are clad in the bones and skins of those who dared to stand against Depthhall. This beast's hide will clothe an army, it's meat will feed generations. This time the beast does not win. The dwarves will have their fortress. Losing is fun, motherfucker.]

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2013, 07:18:39 pm »

Hellfire Turrets are basically shooting magma, right? Because I just had one destroy a few basalt bridges, which confuses me, as it should be magma safe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165