Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201539 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2013, 03:06:18 pm »

>> So i'm wondering whether a superior or legendary weapon out of a masterwork steel item, with lower value, is still better for combat?

superior probably, legendary definitely

GraveSalad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »

So I didn't know exactly where to ask this, but all the dwarf names are in english on the menus. (i.e. Ship AbbeyBrook instead of the dwarvish equivalent). I know it's a minor issue, but it does suck out some of the immersion (although running into Boat Anuscanker did put a smile on my face). It shows on DT as well.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2013, 09:37:53 pm »

Yeah, English Dwarves is a new feature that can be toggled off or on in the GUI.

GraveSalad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2013, 10:07:45 pm »

I had it set to No and it still does it as well as on Yes. Sorry I should have mentioned I looked at that already.

EDIT: I fixed it just by editing the entity_default for dwarves and changing the setting for YESENGLISH translation to dwarf. Seems my settings bar is stuck on yes always.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:23:50 pm by GraveSalad »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »

it seems to just be initialized backwards, after toggling on and off once it works OK for me
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125628.msg4241668#msg4241668

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2013, 06:03:04 am »

Toggling on and off worked for me too. Still haven't figured out a method to get Grazing off though.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

Not really a MW specific question, but how do I get my Hammerer to use a specific weapon now that the Royal Guard is gone?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2013, 06:01:30 am »

Has anyone had random Dwarves show up on the edge of the map, possibly at the same time as a invasion but separate from them, who then go on to stand there doing nothing (and usually just get killed)?

I've had it happen twice now in my current fort. Or I at least found them when the invasion came after pausing to do a sweep around the map, checking to see if anyone was outside before closing the gate. One was called a Trader, the other a Hauler (Urist Dwarfyname the Trader/Hauler or however the names go), neither appeared in Dtherapist, and only one was while I had a caravan on map (not even a Dwarf one). The info pages for them were just basic appearance/race entries.

Just trying to figure out if I bugged out a merchant or something weird, they don't seem to cause any issues, besides their own death. I'm on v 3a, and I don't think it makes a difference but I do have an Armok's Ward at the entrance. But I didn't think that would make anyone avoid coming in, just spot some of the weird.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2013, 07:02:18 am »

Has anyone had random Dwarves show up on the edge of the map, possibly at the same time as a invasion but separate from them, who then go on to stand there doing nothing (and usually just get killed)?

That sounds like the vanilla trader bug, not related to Masterwork.

As for equipping the hammerer: put him in a squad of his own.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04:52 am »

Thanks

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »

Two questions;

1) I cannot figure out how to make the dwarves wear the Steampower platemail that I made for them. I tried equiping it on them as a specific armor but I can't find it anywhere on the list. How do I make this work?

2) Is there a way to stockpile bonemeal? Can't figure where that goes.

Thanks for making this mod, I love it!

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2013, 12:42:10 am »

Dont know about the steam power armor but bone meal is an economic stone and is under that heading in the stone stockpiles.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2013, 08:04:57 am »

Bonemeal is a boulder, I had to make it one, because the vanilla make steel reaction only accepts flux stone as a reagent. I could of course rewrite it, but I dont want to confuse people. Its stockpiled with other economic stone.

Steampowered Armor is made of the material called 'steampowered' which should make it easy to find in any list. The armor name is still platemail. I might revise this in future, since they appear to be somewhat buggy atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:32 am »

Are the Werewolf invaders that you can enable actual werewolves that can infect my Dwarves, or are they just wolf people?

More or less wondering if it's possible to benefit from them showing up, or if a werewolf army (separated out) would even be possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:30 am »

A werewolf army would be possible, but fortress mode time is 72 times faster then adv. mode and werebeasts never stay long.

The fortress defense wolves are just normal creatures, they predate the real werewolves. But dont get me started on shapeshifting invaders :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 165