Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201470 times)

Sekh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 05:26:22 am »

Hi

I'm trying to set up a big bloodsteel production line, for this purpose i need a decent amount of blood. Now i've got everything i need to have it running, but i'd really like to be able to have a blood stockpile with barrels of blood (created in the kitchen with the "extract blood" command) next to my boneyard. However i cannot seem to find this in the stockpile categories. Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but what category and what name does this have in the stockpile settings?

Thanks

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 11:04:29 am »

How do I tame caged creatures?  I figured it would be the kennel, but that doesn't exist, the war beast kennels is the new "K"ennel, but it doesn't have tame caged creature.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 11:14:05 am »

How do I tame caged creatures?  I figured it would be the kennel, but that doesn't exist, the war beast kennels is the new "K"ennel, but it doesn't have tame caged creature.

In the z menu for animals i think. Select the animal and then select a trainer for it and the trainer will get food and go to the cage and tame it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 11:28:46 am »

I have some gray languar women that are caged that are not showing up.  I believe to tame caged creatures, you did it through the kennel.  I've been successful at training my dogs thru the z screen, but none of the caged creatures show up on the z screen

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 11:33:15 am »

Do gray langurs have [PET]?

Also, this isn't a Masterwork question. 34.06 removed the Kennel's taming thing.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 11:34:15 am »

I have some gray languar women that are caged that are not showing up.  I believe to tame caged creatures, you did it through the kennel.  I've been successful at training my dogs thru the z screen, but none of the caged creatures show up on the z screen

But arent langur women humanoid (kind of) and untamable?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 11:38:09 am »

the problem is I was looking in workshops for the kennels, when it's not listed under workshops, but rather just the build menu

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 11:40:59 am »

the problem is I was looking in workshops for the kennels, when it's not listed under workshops, but rather just the build menu

Wasnt that the same always?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 11:44:46 am »

yes, so you guys can disregard the question

Yisin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 07:57:55 pm »

Did anything change with regards to dump squares between 2h and v3? I tried to dump a bunch of stone out of a magma trench and when my dwarfs got to the dump square; I started getting combat messages and six of my dwarfs ended up with life threatening injuries and everything I dumped on the square disappeared.
Thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 08:46:37 pm »

Can't mod those; sounds like you got some magma mist, though.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:36 am »

Did anything change with regards to dump squares between 2h and v3? I tried to dump a bunch of stone out of a magma trench and when my dwarfs got to the dump square; I started getting combat messages and six of my dwarfs ended up with life threatening injuries and everything I dumped on the square disappeared.

See the quote above me if you are dumping into magma (you need to use a 2z-high dump above the magma to avoid mist).  If not, do you have stone stockpiles elsewhere, and could you have accidentally 'reclaimed' those stones?  That would've sent a stream of dwarves into the dump to move stone to the stockpiles, and if stones were still being dumped they would have gotten clocked by falling rocks.  I've done this accidentally before, when trying to reclaim more valuable stones like ore or flux stones from a dump.  You have to be careful to avoid reclaiming when dumping is going on.  Other possibility is that the dwarves are pathing through the dump zone; but that doesn't explain the missing material.

In any case, I've been using a lot of dumping in MW3 and have seen nothing weird.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 12:17:45 pm »

Edit2: Sorry, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:50:07 pm by mglarev »

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »

Should I make golems out of my skilled troops or my grunts? Do they retain their skills and armament? Do they keep learning?  What about the magical fighters?

TheRingsofAggression

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:25 am »

Are the berserker dwarves that migrate to your base supposed to be so FUN?
I had a ranged berserker show up and start firing on the migrant wave he was a part of until he ran out of jvaelins/killed 4 people and 3 pets. Now he's a 'normal' member of the fort that can't be upgraded to noble status. Also his stats break Therapist's slightly, being so high that they wrap around and appear to be weak in Therapist, and his skills don't appear correctly (though his name does).

Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried to locate anything about berserkers without much success.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 165