Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201376 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #945 on: September 20, 2013, 01:06:45 pm »

I have "mutilated corpse" in my finished goods stockpile. What can I do with these? Practice Diagnosis (corpse)? Biologist study for the highlighted/available races (even though the items don't appear to be distinguishable)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #946 on: September 20, 2013, 01:27:44 pm »

Biologist to study (it distinguishes it in the code), Temple to sacrifice for rare drop of epic armor/weapon or Crematory for ash/coal.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:45 pm »

I've been having issues with discoveries in the current version, I research something until I get a discovery then I should be able to build the building right? That happens with the greatforge, I get the announcement that the dwarfs figured out how to do it, build it with the item provided, and use it without issue, however no other discovery seems to work like this, even after the announcement the new building is always needing the appropriate discovery in the building requirements. Is there an extra step I need to be taking that isn't on the Greatforge? could it be just a weird stockpile issue?

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:32 pm »

Boffo, good workarounds, but one thing doesnt quite work: The metal beds from the mason. Because its ore-boulder you use, and you get ore-beds, not metal-beds. Not gold beds, but pure gold ore beds. ;)

Oh I see hehehe, but who would not want a pure gold ore bed? 8)

Might as well add that single metal bed reaction to the furniture shop, and while you are at it, remove the gold and silver sets, replacing them with stockpile fed metal sets. Vanilla and its hangup with wood beds, it's like The Flintstones never happened! ;)

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2013, 04:10:49 pm »

Ok so I'm just curious, has anyone figured out some nifty way to ensure *when* the chemist blows themselves up, they do not take out a cluttered workshop of potentially explosive materials with them?

The way I inevitably deal with the issue is by stock piling the saltpeter and brimstone before hand (separate workshops) and then work on the explosive material with workflow set to range 1-3 in a dedicated (shielded) workshop. Once I start using said material, the chemist kicks in, making more explosives one set at a time as it gets used.

It works as a means of keeping the doomed workshop clear but the problem with this is that it's pretty damned slow. Has anyone figured a way to seed this process up?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

(it's a good thing there aren't actually any explosions in the game huh)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2013, 07:56:54 pm »

huh, my bronze embark got thrown off with this new rock transformation.

I see casseterite bearing rock, but no more copper rocks.

what should I be looking for so my embark dwarfs can have copper bearing rocks (or what do I need now to produce bronze?)

I could figure it out looking at the raws... but I was hoping I'd get a quick answer.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 20, 2013, 09:38:08 pm »

The rock you are looking for is malachite.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:19 pm »

malachite is not an option for embark.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #954 on: September 21, 2013, 05:34:05 am »

Malachite bearing rock is correct. If you dont have it at embark, your civ does not have access to it. Depending on balancing (a few people have mentioned this) I might do tetrahidrite instead, or add it back.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 21, 2013, 06:24:09 am »

So, anyone willing to answer the question about books being used by the priting press?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #956 on: September 21, 2013, 09:00:34 am »

Have your dwarves read prose or real information to the public. A dwarf will take a text to the podium and transform into a public speaker, staying on the podium for one month. All dwarves within earshot, 25tiles, will get a buff from listening, or show some reaction to the words heard. These buffs are permanent, so a well placed Speakers Podium can raise all mental stats slowly over time, resulting in a more educated population.

The texts can be printed in the Printing Press. You have a wide option:

Hold a speech (no reagent) => Focus and Empathy.
Read a religious pamphlets => Social Awareness, Patience and Empathy.
Read a prayer leaflet => Might reveal the identity of a possessed/cursed dwarf.
Wanted-Posters => Might reveal the identity of a suspicios migrant.*
Read from a list of poems => Creativity, Musicality, Intuition and Linguistic Ability.
Read a scientific journals => Analytical Ability and Memory.
Read a list of hangings/punishments => Willpower and Focus, also a temp. speed buff.
Read a battle report => Willpower and Spatial Sense.

*currently not used, its basework for the next update.
So a scientific journal can be read to your dwarves on the speakers podium, giving 50 permanent attribute points in Analytical Ability and Memory to anyone in range.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 21, 2013, 11:39:46 am »

Actually, I seem to be unable to make batches of books as well, raws reveals that empty books are the reagent, but those do not exist anymore to my knowledge.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #958 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:29 am »

Not to nitpick, but thats not a question :P (honestly, good point, its a bug, I 'll fix it)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »

I assume changing it from 3 books to 3x amount of pages worth in save raws will fix it?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 165