Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201529 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #810 on: September 03, 2013, 06:02:10 am »

The item or the building?

And apparently a lit torch is a plant  :o

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:TORCH]
[NAME:lit torch][NAME_PLURAL:lit torches][ADJ:torch]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:TORCH_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[GROWDUR:4032]
[FREQUENCY:0]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:smokey light]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5]
[PICKED_TILE:22][DEAD_PICKED_TILE:22][PICKED_COLOR:6:0:0]

I'm guessing...in a cavern?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:09:18 am by ElenaRoan »
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:07 am »

The building. I crafted a bunch of rock candelabra items at the workshop already.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2013, 06:14:02 am »

Though it's in plant_fake so I'd probably check in the herbalist too.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:30 am »

Thanks. Will do so once I'm back on my DF-capable PC.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 03, 2013, 06:31:38 am »

took a quick look in my running fort, couldn't see it in the cavern plants I have.  Haven't researched the herbalist yet, I'll do so.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:17 am »

If it's in fake plants, it won't actually be a plant or have the typical plant interactions. You won't be able to harvest it, find it growing or anything like that. Not that I know where you will find it.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 03, 2013, 06:57:20 am »

That's why I suggested the herbalist.  No luck so far though.  Did find a lot of new plants for the dwarves to plant though *chuckle*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 03, 2013, 10:51:19 pm »

Diagnosed with nether touch? What am I supposed to do about that?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 04, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

If they're wearing them as owned clothing - which is the only way I can see children wearing any kind of items at all, since you can't assign items to civilians, which would include children - then I don't think the dumping designation will work.

If you use cleanowned in DFhack after forbidding them I think they might drop them, then letting you dump them near the temple to be melted. Not 100% sure. Giving them a magma bath would probably do it as well...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #819 on: September 05, 2013, 03:32:55 am »

Ups... I did indeed upload the dev-version of mine instead of the release version.

The lit torches are for the planned Rendermax Lighting System and the chandlers workshop. The 4 adamantines are from itemsets, which give you special effects if you wear all items. The spawn items in the distillery is for quick testing.

^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chevre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »

I didn't play much or update since version b or something and man I am confused with the changes since then. Spent a long time figuring out why perfect world wasn't generating ores, oh there is this ore processor now.

On embark, I couldn't see any more basic animals so I just took pekyts and an Armok Ward. How do we get cats/dogs or normal stuff now? I seem to have gotten tuskox bulls free by default too.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 05, 2013, 03:44:36 pm »

Dwarves all have dwarf(/underground?)-specific versions of the standard animals. Frill lizards are cat equivalents, mastiffs are dogs, a bunch of other things, plus some new animals (dewbettles can be milked, each milking can be brewed into 30 drinks, horned cave turtles provide horns and shells). I think humans and maybe elves trade the old vanilla creatures.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:57:46 am by Niveras »

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 05, 2013, 04:10:18 pm »

A lot of the embark creatures now have pages on the wiki. I don't think there's a single page that links to them all yet, so you'll have to search. Just search for "Masterwork:" and the name of the pet. If the page is done, you'll find it.

Some noteworthy pets:

Vermin Hunters:
  • Frill Lizards - egg laying
  • Moleweasels - fast, multiple live young
  • Leatherwing Bats - can be sheared for leather

Guard Animals:
  • Mastiff - a dwarf size dog that can be clad in iron or steel
  • Drake - a large reptile with bronze-grade scales which can be sheared, as well as providing natural defence
  • Shaggy Badgerdog - shearable for fur
  • Cragtooth Boar - can be *sheared* for it's tusk, which functions like a more valuable bone

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »

My milker milked a cave beetle, now I got a bucket with "cave beetle stink", what can I use it for?
It seems it's only use is as a syndrome inducing coating for weapons
If it has any use can I have it placed in a barrel so my bucket is free for milking other animals?
creating a food stockpile, under animal extracts there is "cave beetle stink", allowing a barrel in the stockpile gets the bucket emptied into a "cave beetle stink barrel"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:56:56 pm by Kaos »

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 05, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »

Something tells me storing poisons next to food is either bad idea or a good way to boost the immune system.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 165