Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201609 times)

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #600 on: August 01, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »

Help!! pls!  I have a great fortress going but I have alot of "slag bar (massive)" cluttering everything up... but I cant dump them or pit them because they are masterwork quality and all my furnace operators are going berserk when they get destroyed!!

What can I do pls???

What I would do: Lock your furnace operators in a room or death pit (depending on if you want them to die or not) and start destroying them. That way if they throw a tantrum they're stuck in a room/death pit? :D
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »

How much thread is needed for a fishing net? I don't know if I don't have the right blocks or just don't have enough thread :c
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:13 am »

Help!! pls!  I have a great fortress going but I have alot of "slag bar (massive)" cluttering everything up... but I cant dump them or pit them because they are masterwork quality and all my furnace operators are going berserk when they get destroyed!!

What can I do pls???

What I would do: Lock your furnace operators in a room or death pit (depending on if you want them to die or not) and start destroying them. That way if they throw a tantrum they're stuck in a room/death pit? :D

SO not alot then...  Can I disable the slag prodction. Doesnt seem to add much to the game and is just costing me furnace operators  :'(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2013, 02:10:15 am »

It does add waste to the game. Thats it. A bit more realism. I assume that many people turn it off, but I wanted to make the game a bit harder. Or at least slow down metal production.

I didnt foresee that quality modifier on the massive slag bars, which are actually tools... might have to change them back to bars. And find a way to stop moody dwarves of using it for artefacts, that always sucks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2013, 03:49:16 am »

What is a 'Psyker'? I have one in my current fort and I made him a duke because he was unique.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2013, 04:43:55 am »

A super rare mage that has found a secret at worldgen, then migrated to your fort. There are 20 or so types... its about as rare as a necromancer, vampire, werebeast, that kind of stuff. Put him in your military.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2013, 05:45:20 am »

Can any embark creatures be sheared for chitin?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2013, 06:22:36 am »

What can I do pls???

Just turn slagpit off. All that enabling does is a tax on your micro and screwing with the smelting speed. You need like 2 slagpits for every buidilng that creates bars. Remember that if you dont destroy slag, it creates multiple bars and tools, all of which contribute to the eventual fps death.
Unfortunately be aware that you need to remake the world.
Alternatively, you could mass dump every slag piece using dfhack, and then open the raws and remove slag chances from every mineral. Again, beware that this would be quite a taxing task.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:25:08 am by Z1000000m »

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2013, 08:08:02 am »

Can any embark creatures be sheared for chitin?

Would have to be some kind of giant locust or something that sheds it's "chitin" naturally. Otherwise you're not shearing, you're skinning.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #609 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:14 am »

No, nothing to get free chitin, but just wait for an antmen siege... you have enough after that.

The slag is designed to make the game more difficult, with 1 slagpit per running furnace/smelter. Thats its sole purpose. You can also make concrete and cheap fertilizer with it though.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 02, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »

Would it be at all possible to automatically enable the use of stones like graphite? It's annoying having to go through the list to find names of stones that you have access to, and seems unnecessary given it only does what basically every other stone does.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2013, 02:21:38 pm »

This is kinda related to gameplay and mdf.

How to enable rendermax plugin ?

i just checked out "Dfhack Quickstart Guide" and it it says :
- type "rendermax enable" to test the beta-version of a lighting system for DF. Needs OpenGL-supporting GPUs.

i type that into dfhack and i get :
rendermax is not a recognized command.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 02, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »

- type "rendermax enable" to test the beta-version of a lighting system for DF. Needs OpenGL-supporting GPUs.

I guess Meph forgot/decided against including it in MW, it's still in very early alpha stage. If you want to try it you can get it here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7843

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 02, 2013, 02:45:58 pm »

I guess Meph forgot/decided against including it in MW, it's still in very early alpha stage. If you want to try it you can get it here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7843

thanks , it works and its really cool but i am too used to 2d rendering with its fancy custom fonts

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #614 on: August 03, 2013, 02:54:30 am »

Yeah, I dont know how to mix TTF and Rendermax/OpenGL... it doesnt even run on my laptop, so I cant test anything. It has to wait.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 165