Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201639 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:07 am »

I must be an idiot 'cause I can't get it to work *chuckle* I did try first before asking how.  Though after looking through the list a bit more...I'm guessing createitem is different to create-items, lets see if I have better luck with the other command...

Ok, did have the wrong command, finally figured out how to get the shield (yay, maybe I'm not completely dense after all) so now I have an arcane protector
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:26:24 am by ElenaRoan »
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2013, 09:56:59 am »

experimenting with the magic system.  It's asking for a platinum shield but I don't seem to be able to order one made...what am I doing wrong?

You should be able to add the armor token to platinum and have it take effect without requiring a regen.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:47 am »

Masterwork v.3d – would it be useful to have a separate thread for this release?  Each update comes with lots of new stuff.  Useful and interesting stuff, but lots of new stuff.  In v.3d, particularly, Meph is asking for feedback on the new magic system.  Since it takes several years of game time to experiment, it will likely be awhile before there is much feedback to report.  If there was a separate thread, wouldn’t it be easier to follow the new changes?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

Jimboo, there is a thread, I make a new one for each release. And yes, feedback on mages is slim. I got next to nothing for 1 month when I released the beta, and I got 2 bug reports (one my mistake, the other sounds like a user error) and thats it.

I know some things cant work perfectly, I think the ranges of staves OR auras are off by a bit, familiars for white and black mages are unfinished (they exist, but cant do all the things they should be able to) and the balancing it probably horrid. But I cant play a multi-year fort with 15FPS on my netbook, so I cant test much.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:31 am »

Hold on -- so, you want feedback in the Game Download and Changelog thread?  That's locked so, update v.3d?  Mixed in with Kobolds and such?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:30:47 am by jimboo »
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2013, 11:28:00 am »

I plan to test a few of the new Magic things in my current fort, but I'm not quite there yet. I will try to remember to post any feedback I can come up with though  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #576 on: July 29, 2013, 11:52:12 am »

Yeah, why not? If people have feedback on newly introduced stuff, why not post in the thread that introduced it in the first place?

But of course people can just post here, or write a PM, or make a new thread, or do expression dance to communicate their point of view, it doesnt matter as long as they tell me whats good and whats bad. For example I cant for the life of me decide if I should keep 3 black and white mages, with one max per sub-type, or if I should only allow ONE black and ONE white mage at a time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 29, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »

When attempting to use rock war hammers and breastplates and whatnot crafted from a rockforge the dwarves did not equip them even when the material of the equipment assigned via uniform was unspecified, nor was their an option in the uniforms menu for "rock" material equipment.

Do I have to equip the rock gear manually per soldier or do they just not work at all?

Nevermind, it works. Disregard this post.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:12:49 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 29, 2013, 04:34:36 pm »

Not sure if right thread.

if I wanted to up invader skills by a diff number than 5 levels. Can I do so somewhere in the background in some ini file?  Say 1 to 3 levels higher vs the default 5.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

yeah add natural skills to the selected invader race

there are no ini files in df btw also invaders themselves can't be modified only the race that they come from

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »

Putnam, there is a button in the UI that adds 5 natural fighting skills to all invaders... for people that like harder invaders. I have to admit that I tried a string-input, people could chose between 0-15, but I am too nooby with VB to get it to work. Adding the string was fine, but finding and replacing the old one was too much for me. ^^

Answer: No, you cant, except if you do it by hand.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:38 pm »

okay... second question...

doing it by hand means modifying all the raw's?

man, please tell me what you need help with for the string thing, cuz I CAN CERTAINLY DO THAT ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »

I'll write you a message on the 18th september then, together with the code.

And yes, thats exactly what I meant. Modifiying all the creature raws that have civs attached to them.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 30, 2013, 07:41:58 am »

Just thought I'd point out something I noticed a little while back. By default you have harder smithing on by default, which increases the amount of metal an item needs to be produced. However in your world generator presets you have mineral scarcity set to 100, which by my understanding pretty much saturates the entire world with minerals.

It just seems to me you can get the same effect by leaving harder smithing off and setting mineral scarcity to a higher number.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 30, 2013, 08:49:33 am »

It's still pretty variable.  In my present Gaia world, standard parameters, there's very little ferric ore in this sedimentary biome w/ flowing water.  I'm used to those large deposits of magnetite and here, none and not so much limonite or hematite, either.  Also my first world with practically no gold and very little silver; Tavern time.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 165