Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201792 times)

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:24 am »

blackdot, fertilizing once should be enough.

Does fertilizing plump helmets four times, one for every season, gives more plants to gather?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »

I've noticed several times that dwarves sometimes throw mud laced with blood (even if there is no blood, or mud really) when defending themselves.
Seems like a rather rare occurance, but the one time i got a necro dwarf, he would always hit a body part with that immediately after resurrecting it. I've noticed that only once since.

Is is MW specific or vanilla thing? I've never encountered dwarves actually throwing projectiles in vanilla.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2013, 05:05:45 am »

Not really mod related--throwing behavior can't be changed. Anyway, the reason it's laced with blood is because it became laced with blood once it hit its target.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2013, 06:16:47 am »

The lava from the blood of Amok->liquid spawner doesn't seem to trigger the event that allows you to build magma furnaces. Is this intended? I have found a few bloods of Amok, but I can't build anything that can uses magma except the magma steam engine.

Unrelated:
If laminar leather is between iron and steel, where does the bone reinforced (studded? the reaction in the boneyard) laminar leather fall?

Have the projectile weapons been alters so that armor has some effect on them?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Scipaeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:20 am »

Just got a new migrant wave and one of the migrants is a pyromancer. As soon as he comes onto the map, he sets the tiles around him on fire, killing large amount of other migrants in the process and eventually burning the whole map to crisp. If he himself doesn't die due to fire, he often randomly sets more things on fire. Is there a way to stop him from doing that? Or, alternatively, perhaps removing him from the map with dfhack or some other utility?

edit: seems to be 'fixed' by removing pyromancer spells from the raws.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:29:26 pm by Scipaeus »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2013, 10:46:05 am »

Does fertilizing plump helmets four times, one for every season, gives more plants to gather?

In my experience, they fertilize it a single time, and do not fertilize again until after that crop has been harvested and then replanted.  In other words, farming is simply: plant, fertilize (optional), harvest, repeat; regardless of crop growth time.  'Seasonal' fertilization therefore becomes 'Annual' for underground crops w/ Harder Farming.  The cool thing is, I think you can fertilize just before the harvest and get the increased harvest.  This works well for your first crop, as potash production tends to come online several seasons after your initial planting after embark.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2013, 11:41:46 am »

Are floor tiles edible? I have no grass in layers one and two of my cavern.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »

The caverns wouldn't have grass, they would have moss. Which is just fine for grazing animals.

So another wave of undead showed up, this time much larger and from all sides of the map. A few steps later most of them dropped dead like the two had before, but there are a few still kicking around. Or they were until my Giant Tiercel Peregrin got let out of the cage he came in. I'm tempted to try and pit the bodies, but really don't want to find out it was all a trap by some Necro waiting for people to come outside.

Oh yeah, I've also had a few Arcani corpse'... I have a feeling I wont be going outside all that much with this fort.

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:23 pm »

Repseki,

I know that I can graze moss, though I used grass as a catchall.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:37 pm »

Oh, didn't know you could even get barren cavern layers.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure "floor tiles" are just moss with a funny name, so my guess would be yes.

I'm getting "floor tiles" growing on my dug-out soil areas just below the surface.  (Near the top of the mountain, actually, somewhere above the actual entrance to my fortress.)
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:25 pm »

Yes, floor tiles should be edible, as strange as it sounds. I was going for a design thats different from the green/blue caverns, but doesnt hurt the eyes all that much when they mix. A neutral grey seemed ok. And I liked the idea of a dungeon area, so I kept it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:51 pm »

The lava from the blood of Amok->liquid spawner doesn't seem to trigger the event that allows you to build magma furnaces. Is this intended? I have found a few bloods of Amok, but I can't build anything that can uses magma except the magma steam engine.

There is a DFHack command that can force the "revealed magma" state.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:50 am »

Not a Masterwork thing at all, but sometimes caverns can be covered in mud instead of having plants in them.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2013, 06:44:23 am »

Has anything been figured out about the occasional Guildhall/Barracks reactions not working bug? Or a way to get around it/something to check to look for a fix?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 165