Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201741 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #360 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »

fisherdwarf to the rescue: food+scales+shells

There are so many different ways to go at it.  I'll have to give the moleweasel a try sometime.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:39 pm »

Do Frost Giants not breathe? One is swimming around my drowning chamber and doesn't seem to be in any distress.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 24, 2013, 11:46:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Abandoned that fortress, and built another fortress within the same world. Again, two migrations and then zip. Force migrants in df hack isn't working either. What do?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2013, 04:10:14 am »

Your civ is dead. Had that happen to me as well when i genned a world to have towers.
Unfortunately masterwork still has some leftover issues from vanilla, ie kobolds getting wiped out circa year 3.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2013, 04:49:16 am »

Did you check legends to see the population of your dwarf civ?

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2013, 07:13:11 am »

I have qustion about fertilization. How it works in Masterwork, because underground farming needs four season. Is fertilizing only one season is enough?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2013, 08:27:07 am »

I don't know if this is right, as I am on my first fort with Harder Farming enabled right now, and don't have a large amount of fertilizer available. But I would think fertilizing when the seed is planted is all that is needed.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2013, 11:45:24 am »

Anyone know why the magma in the magma sea around a candy spire wouldn't turn into obsidian when water is pumped in? I'm trying to caste around it but all it's doing is generating steam and using up both the water and magma.

Edit: And as I post this I check the z-level below to see it is Molten rock, which apparently eats the obsidian or something... annoying.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:46:58 am by Repseki »

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »

Did you check legends to see the population of your dwarf civ?
Your civ is dead. Had that happen to me as well when i genned a world to have towers.
Unfortunately masterwork still has some leftover issues from vanilla, ie kobolds getting wiped out circa year 3.
I checked legends and there were about 50,000 dwarves.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2013, 02:22:26 pm »

Meph: is not being able to boost prayer/strand extraction/acolyte of armok on embark a bug or working as intended?

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »

Meph: is not being able to boost prayer/strand extraction/acolyte of armok on embark a bug or working as intended?

I'd go with it being a limitation from vanilla. You can't boost strand extraction there either.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

Another question, this time about..adventure mode, since hteir isn't a dedicated thread for it:
What exactly does the conjurer skill do? I can become a warlock outsider, and its the only race that has access to it, but im not sure what it does.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2013, 07:52:59 am »

No clue on that one. Never tried Adv as a Warlock, or anything but a Dwarf really.

Quick question myself if anyone knows something about undead. Just started a new fort, still early. Got an announcement about the dead walking and a few undead Dwarves showed up on the edge of the map, then died after a few steps. Am I correct at thinking this is because I am near a Necro tower, but not embarked in an evil area?

Basically wondering if I am safe from wandering undead (without a necro helping out), or need to adjust my fort design accordingly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2013, 08:03:22 am »

Are you in a good biome? Otherwise undeads shouldnt just die.

Vcordie: Warlocks have fancy names, each different name is for a caste, each caste has a different spell. Nothing special about them, really.

Strand-Extraction is a vanilla limitation. And I still dont think that priests are so bad at embark. 2x (with harder learning 4x) faster praying skill is quite a hefty improvement, and the little, free altar can give you quite an advantage.

blackdot, fertilizing once should be enough.

To whoever asked "Is a religious/altar based fortress possible?" the answer is Yes. You can power a fort just with prayers. At least for the raw materials, of course. ;) You still need normal labors to refine those into goods.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2013, 08:08:06 am »

I don't believe I am. Pretty sure it's just a normal old Untamed Wilds, or maybe even Wilderness.

I'll have to watch and see if it happens again. Was two undead, separate areas, nothing else on the map raised or anything like that and they just dropped dead after a few steps.

I figure I will dispose of them down a pit just to be safe. At least until I get down to some magma.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 165