Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 196366 times)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2430 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:20 pm »

Actually you can, if you're in a freezing biome/winter, and you need magma to keep the freezing water trap liquid just enough for that goblin siege to get inside the passage.... :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2431 on: May 07, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

Touche. You win. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 07, 2014, 06:09:24 pm »

it also looks like it weighs more than what any merhant will take, sadly.
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 07, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

@merkerbenson. To stop research stuff getting hauled, go to the finished goods stockpile. The stone materials list, and use the search thing. Type in research, and disable. Or u can just type the 1st parenthesis "(" and find it easy that way. Usually I disable Everything that is in ( ) exept for the pure ores.
That should keep the dwarves from hauling it all away. Also just to be safe, go to your furniture stockpile and donthe same thing there.

@soyweiser. The only thing the wood chopping block can get is regular wood. For all other wood, you need a saw mill.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 07, 2014, 07:42:18 pm »

it also looks like it weighs more than what any merhant will take, sadly.

Nah, I'm trading Great Bulls and Longhorn Cows for 30K each, 60K if named.  After a couple of trades, the merchants catch on.  Ask for sand, dirt, magnetite and such; caravans come our way able to leave with 20+K urist weight after unloading.  Each caged animal weighs only 5K or so. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 08, 2014, 02:01:20 am »

Thanks tenderroast. Seems I made a good choice taking a saw blade at the start.

Edit: updated the wiki.

I was wondering, there is documentation added to the download. (the html file) Wouldn't it be a good idea to add a link to the wiki to that?

Edit2:
Seems I cannot boil, cave croc, serpent woman, cave tortoise, female horned caveturtles and frill lizard eggs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:45:40 am by soyweiser »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 08, 2014, 01:00:27 pm »

Where't we able to upgrade ranged weapons as the dwarfs at some point? Like with a mechanism or a bionate? Is that still in and if so where?

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 08, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »

We can already make bayoneted crossbows, javelin throwers etc. Use the fletcher's workshop for that.

What's the main job of the philosopher? When he doesn't have any jobs assigned his current job is listed as "noble" and he just roams around the dining hall doing nothing. I haven't found anything about it in the manual...

Cheers

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 08, 2014, 03:35:26 pm »

What's the main job of the philosopher? When he doesn't have any jobs assigned his current job is listed as "noble" and he just roams around the dining hall doing nothing. I haven't found anything about it in the manual...

Cheers

If I recall right, philosophers are essentially a reference to a noble of the same title in older DF version who'd just roam around doing only a few things and very rarely making an occasional mandate I think.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 08, 2014, 03:38:20 pm »

Ah, so just an extra noble if I ever think I don't have enough of them around :D Cool...though to be honest this guy does a lot of jobs even when I didn't assign him any, lol :D

What's the % to spawn a siege using the embassy? I only ever seem to get thieves and no sieges :D

Cheers

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:08 pm »

Like I said, older version, where many nobles didn't do crap or only certain things.

As far as the sieges, you may have ambushes laying around somewhere; thieves are usually the herald of ambush forces in my experience.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 08, 2014, 03:43:07 pm »

I only get goblin and automaton ambushes, no the frost giants and warlocks I keep challenging, lol...

Also, why doesn't my cleric healer resurrect dwarfs anymore? He did with one guy who'd been dead for a week and didn't with a guy who died in front of him after I locked the healer with a melancholic dwarf in a room...

Cheers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2442 on: May 08, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

The civs have to be alive and the healer has to recharge... it takes a while, up to half a year.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 08, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

ah, that explains it, should be mentioned he has a battery :D
Also, the frost giants are definitely alive, they've launched ambushes at me in the past, without me declaring war and were listed in the embark menu as accessible :D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 08, 2014, 05:15:21 pm »

Frosties are hostile by default, so them sending ambush forces is a given.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165