Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 196461 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2415 on: May 04, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »

Any peat? And you should be able to make fuel from oil...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 04, 2014, 05:16:08 pm »

No peat; just sand, clay, fire clay and dirt.

I see in the workshops that the brewery can make fuel from alcohol and oil but given the limitations of stacks in reactions and that it would still require farming (for the alcohol), I may as well just grow trees rather than plants. All the underground stuff takes a year anyway; the above-ground stuff might grow in two seasons but it is still only one harvest per year, so total yield is the same. Using drinks and oil would also mean needing to organize a lot of empty food storage. Less set up involved in growing trees.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 05, 2014, 12:08:42 pm »

Say, does the podium reaction of "talk about recent crimes" work properly? If so, then half my fort is made up of criminals, including the children :D :

Which wouldn't be an accurate assessment since nobody committed any crimes ever since my enemies took care of my two resident vampires :D
What is the reaction supposed to do, anyway? Do the dwarfs turn hostile or something?
Also, notice the typo, "tries to hides"

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:11:20 pm by MerkerBenson »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

I'm getting a little pissed now. I've started magicka research no fewer than four times, and each time they go to Magicka (II) or so, and then the research dissapears entirely. The option to continue research is red, and I have looked in all my Finished Goods stockpiles (they all have Tools blocked, mainly used for Crafts used in trading)

I'm getting very annoyed because I wanted magic years ago, and at this point I'm just throwing platinum bars away, and I don't have any platinum veins that I have found.

Normally I wouldn't ask this, but is there a way to hack in the finished magicka discovery? I only have 4 plat left after 4 research attempts, and REALLY don't want to waste any more.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

usually the research papers get hauled off to some stockpile, more problematic if you have bins that are hauled off everywhere. It should resume by itself whenever the papers stop moving. You can see if you have any research done by going into stocks-> enhanced view-> write "research" in search, it should be with a label of "research supplies".
You cannot block the tools from the stockpiles, I've tried everything, they just keep ending up in there, especially if you have bins. Best to stop using bins completely with masterwork. Another option is to make a stockpile that only takes from the research workshop. It worked for a bit for me until BINS somehow ended up in it when I deleted a stockpile.
You can only get rid of research by setting it up in the MW menu at startup, but you'd have to start a new fort for it to take effect.
You can get infinite platinum by using a nun/priest to pray for soft metals, if you have a legendary priest/nun. In my fort I have infinite gold, platinum, iron, bronze, gems and cloth from doing this, haven't needed to mine in ages and just focused on my megaproject.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 04:46:16 pm by MerkerBenson »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 05, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »

Isn't it easier just to change the stockpile settings to "no bins"?  I do this for gems, just to see what's there without having to use the z screen.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 06, 2014, 10:52:17 am »

Somehow, they always find their way to a bin if you have them....trust me, I tried....

Say, how does this even work:

the dude is listed in the missing list without any tag attached(missing/deceased)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2422 on: May 06, 2014, 10:59:10 am »

Well.. he has certainly been sacrificed at the temple :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 06, 2014, 10:30:14 pm »

So, a Dwarf of mine made an Acid Gun while being possessed. Awesome!

... but the Acid Disperser needs Acid Flasks for ammo, which apparently only the Warlocks have. Is there any way to legally obtain these Acid Flasks without cheating?

You can't just give me an Acid gun and tell me I can never fire it even once! :C
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2424 on: May 07, 2014, 03:27:21 am »

So, a Dwarf of mine made an Acid Gun while being possessed. Awesome!

... but the Acid Disperser needs Acid Flasks for ammo, which apparently only the Warlocks have. Is there any way to legally obtain these Acid Flasks without cheating?

You can't just give me an Acid gun and tell me I can never fire it even once! :C
Sorry, special ranged weapons are about as useful as single artefact shoes or gloves.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 07, 2014, 07:54:43 am »

what about perfect gems, what's the use of those? a dwarf had a mood and made this out of 60+ gems:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I put it in a display stand in the dining hall, it's worth 1.2 mill urists, but what's the use of it? Is there a reaction that uses up perfect gems?

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:03:27 am by MerkerBenson »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2426 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:17 am »

Please put that into a spoiler. Large images always go into spoilers.

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37:32 am »

So I started at a serene map. Seems the woodblock cannot make planks out of feather wood logs. Am I correct in this or am I doing something wrong?

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »

Hey, did anyone know about this :

Seems magma has a value of 1 urist per unit, so my tanker cart with 9000 magma is among the most valuable things in my fort...and I can get them in ridiculous quantities....SELLING MAGMA, seriously, this is one more exceptional use for MAGMA! Is there anything magma isn't good for?

Cheers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2429 on: May 07, 2014, 03:28:52 pm »

Freezing people.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 165