Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 196451 times)

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2400 on: May 01, 2014, 10:58:07 pm »

My golem squad acts likes civilians and will not leave the civilian burrows, how can i work around this?

Also, everytime a dwarf goes near my arbalest to arm it he runs away in fear from the enemy... is that a bug? If he is already manning it will he still run away?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:06:29 pm by Steforian »

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 02, 2014, 12:10:06 am »

My golem squad acts likes civilians and will not leave the civilian burrows, how can i work around this?

Also, everytime a dwarf goes near my arbalest to arm it he runs away in fear from the enemy... is that a bug? If he is already manning it will he still run away?

As for golems, I'm not sure if there is a way around it since golems are 'animals' (for lack of a more accurate word) and last i saw, there's no way to stop animals going to a civilian burrows. Only trick I can see is lock the golems outside by door or hatch or similar. Bit gimmicky, but what I've done.

Arbalest wise, he's trying to 'run a reaction' and is a civilian. Since he sees enemies, he runs and cancels that reaction before he completes it. So not a bug, just one of the limits of the arbalest. You could try to lobotimize and/or blind (sometimes migrants are naturally blind) to fix this.

From my testing, no - he won't run when manning it as he isn't a 'dwarf' with any emotion. I.E. he'll shoot until the process runs out, and he reverts to a normal dwarf. If enemies are near when he reverts, he will run (if not blind) just like normal.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 03, 2014, 12:19:29 am »

other than making tobacco in the kiln, is there anything else i can do with "Shadowleaf leaves", of which i have nearly 200, because stupid me, didnt use ALT-A to force my dwarves to use quarry bushes only for the reaction.... the ONE friggin time i forget... luckily i had already processed my pig tails to thread

edit: and yes i have tried to cook them, they do NOT show up in the kitchen menu, however the raw bushes DO
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:23:40 am by Tenderroast »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 03, 2014, 03:13:05 am »

Use them to make oil in the screwpress, for upgrading leather.  Or soap.   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 03, 2014, 04:24:11 am »

cant press the leaves to oil. The raw bushes yes, but not the bags of leaves. (i hit forbid on the bushes to test, reaction was red.)

SchDerGrosse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:32 am »

Hello there.

Bought some scarecrows at embark, but cannot seem to figure out how to place them. : /

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 03, 2014, 06:22:27 am »

They are animals that don't move. Create a pasture zone (preferably one tile) or build a restraint and assign them to it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:26:14 am by Niveras »

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 03, 2014, 08:10:44 am »

I everybody i'm really new to this mod , and i try my first fortress. I play with diseases . So my newbie question is

Why does my dwarf fight each other ??

Because for a reason i don't figure out , some of my dwarves fight to death . Suddently , some dwarves run disorderely , seeming to run away from something.

I read the reports and announcements to understand what happens. But it seems that everydwarf have a problem and some of them fight and kill each other...

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 03, 2014, 09:42:50 am »

Sounds like something/someone in your fortress started a tantrum spiral:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Tantrum

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 03, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »

Hmm usually you get an alert on your screen when a tantrum arrive. But i have none. Hmm i see that some of my dwarves avec "Schizophrenic" with their names.

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 03, 2014, 01:21:40 pm »

Any idea about why my sawmills can't cut farmed steeloak and ironbark saplings? I wanted to set up a steel/iron farm and moved the saplings from one stockpile to another. When in the first stockpile, they had been moved there directly from the farm plots, and I was able to cut them. After moving them to the second stockpile they were put in a barrel in the process, as saplings have to be in food stockpiles. Now, I can't cut them any more. I have the intuition that they became food items after being barreled. I tried dumping the barrel, dumping the saplings, removing the stockpile and many other things, but without any success.

EDIT: it seems that after moving them to the first wood stockpile, they "became" wood again. Problem solved. ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:39:17 pm by Thelo »

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 03, 2014, 01:55:22 pm »

Now this is a thing I could not resolve. All the reactions for the rune armory have as reagent "improvable rock armor", and I can't improve any armor, I think due to that 'rock' part of the reagent. How can I solve that?

SchDerGrosse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 03, 2014, 02:42:09 pm »

They are animals that don't move. Create a pasture zone (preferably one tile) or build a restraint and assign them to it.
thanks mate!

(should have been able to figure it out myself, I bought them along with the other animals after all..)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2413 on: May 04, 2014, 05:48:09 am »

Now this is a thing I could not resolve. All the reactions for the rune armory have as reagent "improvable rock armor", and I can't improve any armor, I think due to that 'rock' part of the reagent. How can I solve that?
Rock is just a synonyme the game uses for INORGANIC. Metal armors should work. Any burrows around? Check the known bugs section about the burrows bug.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 04, 2014, 02:06:51 pm »

Can oil shale be used as a coke-equivalent in some way (perhaps after some processing step)?

I presume not, but I wasn't sure since I couldn't find reference to it in the dwarf manual. My embark literally has 0 mineral coal; I guess I'll have to set up enormous tree farming and wood working operations to stock my coal.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 165