Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201875 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2265 on: March 24, 2014, 03:36:11 pm »

kikuto: that question would be best placed in the soundsense thread, not here.

lmeire: in theory yes. its a fixed temp, but wont they instantly freeze it by themselves, cold as nethercap is?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: March 24, 2014, 03:52:05 pm »

Hello everyone,i have a question here.My mage dwarf is trying to create a spell tome,for which i needed paper and ink,but he carries a bunch of stuff in school of wizardry(like glue and more and more paper) and he never stops.What to do?

He'll eventually stop. Spell tomes are expensive things to make. That and catalist rods, took my guys a year and a repositioning of the platinum stockpile to make just one of those, because they got hungry/thirsty/sleepy by the time they got the last piece of raw material. Best way to make sure they make the stuff fast is to set up a proper stockpile near the mage school for every type of raw material they need for the reactions.

Cheers

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37:27 pm »

Does anybody know why I cannot, in any of the traders workshops, buy anything?
It worked just a few minutes ago but now I am only able to sell things but I cannot buy a single item. I have coins, so this should not be a problem.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: March 24, 2014, 06:08:32 pm »

It worked just a few minutes ago but now I am only able to sell things but I cannot buy a single item. I have coins, so this should not be a problem.

The most likely culprit is that you are allowing bins for your coins stockpile.  The bin with the coins is probably being carried around.  Try making your only coin stockpile no bins allowed.  Bins tend to confuse systems like this.

If you aren't allowing bins, then I'm not sure.  Could be some sort of burrow bug and the coins were moved out of a burrow.  Try making a burrow with no dwarves assigned that covers the whole map just in case.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: March 25, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »

Say, can some1 enlighten me as to the reason why my original cart grinder design doesn't work:

The cart ALWAYS stops at the spot you see it there, no matter what I do, and even though it definitely has enough speed. I tried different track set up, some rollers(notice the gears on the right), yet the cart only ever does one run and stops there.... Why?

Cheers

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: March 25, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

I have some dwarfs with the tags: "has taken his/her antipsychotic/against epidemics/etc medicine lately". Which medicine is that? the stuff I make in the apothecary's study? How do I make my dwarfs take the stuff?

Also, what's with the blood pressure medication? can dwarfs die even from that? :D

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: March 25, 2014, 01:39:15 pm »

its a constructed track. make sure the track there has both n/s, and e/w

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:14 pm »

ah, those N only tracks were built after the initial tests, they didn't change the cart behavior, it still stops even with/without those tracks there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2273 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

One thing: The mod changes nothing about minecart tracks or physics.

High blood pressure might lead to strokes. They dont kill, but the dwarf might end up as a vegetable.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »

Cool, so the vegetable dwarf basically does nothing or what?

How do I make frost giants siege me? I'd love to have them come test my new cartgrinder and trap system, and the dialogues are awesome :P :

but so far they only sent enough thieves that I can make a bifrost armor set. I got 3 mill in wealth, how do I get them to siege me? Send a mercenary expedition? I have weapons and all the components, but I still can't prepare an expedition, how many weapons/ armors(which armor parts?!)/catapult parts/wagons do I need?

Cheers

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: March 25, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »

The most likely culprit is that you are allowing bins for your coins stockpile.  The bin with the coins is probably being carried around.  Try making your only coin stockpile no bins allowed.  Bins tend to confuse systems like this.

If you aren't allowing bins, then I'm not sure.  Could be some sort of burrow bug and the coins were moved out of a burrow.  Try making a burrow with no dwarves assigned that covers the whole map just in case.

Thank you very much! It was a burrow issue! :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2276 on: March 25, 2014, 07:19:24 pm »

Cool, so the vegetable dwarf basically does nothing or what?

How do I make frost giants siege me? I'd love to have them come test my new cartgrinder and trap system, and the dialogues are awesome :P :

but so far they only sent enough thieves that I can make a bifrost armor set. I got 3 mill in wealth, how do I get them to siege me? Send a mercenary expedition? I have weapons and all the components, but I still can't prepare an expedition, how many weapons/ armors(which armor parts?!)/catapult parts/wagons do I need?

Cheers
They will come eventually. if you get thieves, you already did enough to start sieges. And I really hope someone understands that reference. Captain Kirrahe is one of my favourite people from that game.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: March 26, 2014, 07:25:34 am »

Oh yes, I did love Kirrahe and Mordin, some of the best characters in the game :P Salarians in general :)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: March 26, 2014, 12:27:04 pm »

How do I send a mercenary expedition? I have weapons and all the components, but I still can't prepare an expedition, how many weapons/ armors(which armor parts?!)/catapult parts/wagons do I need?

How do I stop my dedicated engravers from hauling stuff around when they don't have that job enabled? It's like 20-25% of the dwarfs completely ignore Therapist designations...

Can some1 find out why I lose so much FPS in this 4x4 embark even after I reorganized the jobs and all that? I get a steady 80 FPS in my vanilla DF fort with a lot of messing up(first working fort), hundreds of corpses, total stockpile chaos and all that, all caverns uncovered+magma sea, 8x8 embark...
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/f4bca14e43d08916392294bd1fcaed0320140326183630/cdcf83a84601bfe16ecb247fdbbb769520140326183630/4677f5
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:41:58 pm by MerkerBenson »

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:10 am »

Say, how good are gem weapons? can they cut through steel and gem FBs?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 165