Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201731 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #2145 on: March 02, 2014, 06:17:46 am »

mh... maybe its because of burrows, or because they are in a bin. Reactions sometimes dont find the reagents, if they are in containers, its a odd quirk of custom reactions in DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kikuto

• Bay Watcher
  • Missing being an escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 02, 2014, 08:18:35 am »

Restart fixed it, thanks for info on materials. Would have tried to make a stone dagger till I was blue in the face otherwise. What are the stone hilt, blade and head for anyways then?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2147 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:11 am »

hilt, blade and heads can be combined to two-handed weapons in the greatforge. Make iron hilt, adamantine blade, go for the adamantine great axe. :) Also needs leather for the grip. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kikuto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 02, 2014, 08:36:57 am »

Oooh, that sounds fun, wonder if decorating the parts with gems carries over since they count as finished goods at first. Gonna look into that later. One last question, know its probably not Masterwork related but kinda want to throw it on since gotten good help so far.

Tried to get miner I had to trade from a copper pick to a silver battle pick menacing with spikes of goblin bone, not sure if would really help with much but wanted to anyways, felt more dwarfy. So dumped the pick he had and hoped he would claim the new one with no luck. He refused to mine with the the other pick, are battle picks not for mining?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2149 on: March 02, 2014, 09:09:23 am »

Decorations wont carry over, they are ornamental only and dont affect combat anyway.

Battle picks only exist in this mod, so its certainly a mod question. The are used in mining, like a normal pick. I dont know why he did not pick it up. Maybe its forbidden, marked for trading?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 02, 2014, 09:42:13 am »

Spoiler: Anybody have a fix? (click to show/hide)

Kikuto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 02, 2014, 09:55:46 am »

Decorations wont carry over, they are ornamental only and dont affect combat anyway.

Battle picks only exist in this mod, so its certainly a mod question. The are used in mining, like a normal pick. I dont know why he did not pick it up. Maybe its forbidden, marked for trading?

I know but a great battleaxe encrusted gems cabochons and images of dwares carved in gem with hanging rings of orc bone and spikes of granite still makes me smile

No, not marked besides some partheses that mark it as foreign cause I traded for it. Suppose that could be the problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2152 on: March 02, 2014, 10:01:40 am »

Spoiler: Anybody have a fix? (click to show/hide)
Did you gen a world, then change the tileset? You need to regen if you do that...

Kikuto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 02, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

New question, hope you dont mind me being a pest, just trying to learn.

Is there a section of the manual that covers hive-keeping and if not think you could do a quick explanation on how to control what kind of colony inhabits them?

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:01 pm »

Short of squashing the hives you don't want, with say a floor or wall.

Not sure you can cherry pick which hives your dwarves with cull to fill your fort hives.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2155 on: March 03, 2014, 01:33:01 am »

No, dwarves randomly pick wild colonies... you can use burrows to guide the beekeeper to a specific one. Once you have the hives build you can select it in the hive itself, chose which ones to harvest or split.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #2156 on: March 03, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »

All my corpses are necromorphs. I would be okay with dealing with this buuuuut...

A) My FPS dropped to single digits the moment the necromorphs spawned.
B) I did the ritual to banish necromorphs... which did absolutely nothing except waste the marker and a dwarf.

Are they supposed to immediately die out? If not, how long does it take? If so, has my game bugged out, and is there any way for me to manually cause the necromorph genocide (with dfhack for example)?
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

You could use the slayrace command with dfhack.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 04, 2014, 05:25:48 am »

Hey guys, how is titanium for weapons?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 04, 2014, 07:48:40 am »

I was wondering is there a way to see what the creatures are when you random generate them?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 165