Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 196465 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:40 am »

A question concerning the new religious system.  I have a nun of armok which I believe is the level 1 version of the religious caste.  I successfully had the dwarf pray for 3 months to become a priestess.  After the transformation the dwarf is still a nun.  I figured maybe it was just named the same thing.  So I told the dwarf to pray for six months to become a high priestess and the dwarf runs the reaction but never starts the transformation.  Are the three levels actually a leveling up like the magic system or should I have just had my random peasant dwarf pray for six months in the beginning to become a high priest?
Mh... it should be Nun first, then Priestess, then High Priestess. I checked inorganics, interactions and reactions, it all seems fine. You say you had a nun, she prayed for 3 ingame months, and reverted back to nun?

EDIT: Found it. PRIEST_FEMALE2 vs. PRIEST2_FEMALE.... a typo.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1711 on: January 02, 2014, 12:29:43 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8272

The fix. Just drag and drop it into your raws. Works on running saves as well.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 02, 2014, 12:34:59 am »

Thank you Meph!  I wish I'd asked earlier before my only legendary insomniac stonecrafter turned into a warlock spy haha.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 02, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

Whats the general timeframe for public speaking buffs to actually change a dwarf?  I've had mine on willpower/focus for about a year now (10 or so transformations) and nobody's willpower or focus numbers have increased like they might have if they were training an actual skill (for this experiment I only used dwarves with no designated, attribute building skills)

edit: whoops, thanks for the info on mages!  I totally missed your reply.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:14:00 am by Verviticus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1714 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:11 am »

It should change instantly. If you see the message in the combat logs, its done.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 02, 2014, 01:31:17 am »

Yeah, I got the combat logs, but the numbers haven't been changing.  Is it actually +50 per "fight"?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:58 am »

When I try an sacrifice a dwarf to get a armoks ward the dwarf dies but I instantly get the message "Holy Relic, Armoks Ward has died of old age."  Is it possible my civilization does not have Armoks Wards or they don't exist in my genned world that could be causing this?  The message happens after "A Dwarf has been sacrifice to Armok, God of Blood." and right before the dwarf transforms into a sacrifice for Armok.  Then after that the dwarf turns into a blood heartless corpse.  It then tells me that bloody heartless corpse has drowned.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1717 on: January 02, 2014, 03:20:18 am »

Not your fault, it seems that dfhack r4 re-introduced a bug in the spawnscript, which was fixed in the r3 version. The ward's max age is lower than the age of the world. The spawnscript treats all spawned units as born on day 0, so the wards is too old when its spawned.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:06 am »

Not your fault, it seems that dfhack r4 re-introduced a bug in the spawnscript, which was fixed in the r3 version. The ward's max age is lower than the age of the world. The spawnscript treats all spawned units as born on day 0, so the wards is too old when its spawned.

Ah thank you for clarifying.  Once in a while I get a correct spawn.  I'm trying to find a useful way to eliminate a schizophrenic legion dwarf before something bad happens.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:55 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8272

The fix. Just drag and drop it into your raws. Works on running saves as well.

Easy enough.  Will the DFFD program file be changed or will this be necessary for every region until the Warlock release is ready?  Also, the v.4g file is listed as v.4f.  It isn't, but that's what the upper right file designation says on the d/l site.  I mention it only because of the 4d/4e confusion some folks had.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 02, 2014, 04:00:22 am »

is anyone else having a problem getting stockpiles of bars and stone to work?

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:01 am »

How can I disable castes in the most recent version? I tried switching off seperately guildhall and garrison without effect. Then I switched off everything that needs castes (praying, magic, guildhall, garrison - even slower learning) but there were still dwarves with caste in my starting seven. I don't like the random attribute change on transformation... is there a way to disable all castes except the ones needed for magic?

Hope someone has an answer :-) thanks...

Oh and are there still pet dragons? I remember buying some from the elves in a past version and setting my fort on fire.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 02, 2014, 10:02:01 am »

In a warm biome)water never freezing), can i grow above ground crops all the year?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1723 on: January 02, 2014, 10:08:05 am »

is anyone else having a problem getting stockpiles of bars and stone to work?
Stockpiles should be fine, there is no way to affect them with modding.

castes and are there still pet dragons?
Currently castes can not be disabled. Its on the todo list of the GUI, to add that functionality to the Guildhall, Monastery, Garrison and Magic buildings. At some point disabling these workshops should disable the fitting castes, but its a rather low priority point.

Pet dragons were a tiny bit overpowered, they have been removed since. You can still get hellfire turrets, or build your own ones in the machine factory, they have the same dragonfire attack.

In a warm biome)water never freezing), can i grow above ground crops all the year?
Nope, because plants grow according to their active seasons, and ignore the actual temperature. Thats hardcoded. If I could change it, I would... but I cant. So I dont. ;)

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 02, 2014, 06:13:08 pm »

You can't get pet dragons but you can get dragon shields.  Those are almost as good...
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 165