Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 196578 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1695 on: December 31, 2013, 11:08:51 pm »

With the new 4G souls update do we need to turn off auto butcher or do anything special like that to facilitate soul "stockpiles" in corpses?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1696 on: December 31, 2013, 11:37:48 pm »

No, souls just appear when you butcher something. You can ignore them if you like, the disappear by themselves.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 01, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

When you add a dwarf to a guild, they lose all of their skills, right?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1698 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:08 pm »

No, why should they?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 01, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

I heard someone say that in the past. Maybe they meant the attributes.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 01, 2014, 05:33:57 pm »

"Someone" was wrong.  Guilded dwarves don't lose anything (except the ability to join other Guilds or be Garrisoned), they just acquire experience at a faster rate. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1701 on: January 01, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »

(except the ability to join other Guilds or be Garrisoned)
Which is also wrong. Guildmembers can simply join another guild, whenever you want. ^^ Only Priests are excluded.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 01, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »

Which is also wrong. Guildmembers can simply join another guild, whenever you want. ^^ Only Priests are excluded.

But only after first leaving the previous Guild, right?  Or have I been wasting time and 500 gold switching out each migrant that arrives with a useless apprenticeship?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1703 on: January 01, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »

You still need to pay the 500 coin fee when changing guilds. But you dont need to "leave guild/become civilian". Thats just for people that dont want guilds.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 01, 2014, 06:25:12 pm »

Guilded dwarves reset their attributes, though, I think?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1705 on: January 01, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »

Yes, sadly. No way around it, because its transformations.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 01, 2014, 11:52:02 pm »

It's not a big deal anyways.  If it really mattered you could just re-roll.

Is there a mage type that doesn't have a drawback?  Seems like fire/water mages kill dwarves with water/fire - do the dust clouds and webs affect friendlies as well?  The only mage that it looks like I might want to make after reading their AOE stuff is the Demonbound, because I can rune a piece of armor to make my guys immune to nausea, at least.

edit: obviously a white mage, being unoffensive, is the first thing I'll make, because its strictly beneficial.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:37 am »

dust can harm friendlies, don't think web can, water can't

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 02, 2014, 12:16:40 am »

A question concerning the new religious system.  I have a nun of armok which I believe is the level 1 version of the religious caste.  I successfully had the dwarf pray for 3 months to become a priestess.  After the transformation the dwarf is still a nun.  I figured maybe it was just named the same thing.  So I told the dwarf to pray for six months to become a high priestess and the dwarf runs the reaction but never starts the transformation.  Are the three levels actually a leveling up like the magic system or should I have just had my random peasant dwarf pray for six months in the beginning to become a high priest?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1709 on: January 02, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

Water mages use freezing materials, they can hurt friendlies.
Fire mages, same thing with fire.
Air mages are fine.
Earth mages are fine.
White mages obviously.
Black mages dont hurt friendlies, but have other drawbacks. Demonbound can be crazed, Lich might raise unfriendly bone golems, Vampire kills for blood.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 165