Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201479 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2013, 08:55:46 pm »

Dragon Raptors are basicly a T-rex or some dino like it. They dont have a breath that I could see in the raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Diplomacy is in place of the Tanning skill and Ambusher has been renamed to Hunting.
Yeah originally when I've made them they were large firebreathing birds, but later I removed firebreath from them and made them dino-like as suggested by TomiTapio.

You can sometimes get pet dragons from the Drow or maybe the elves... Or Firebirds. Both have a tendency to burn down your fort though.
Oh yeah, firebirds! :D When I've made them I didn't think about elves bringing them. I had a lot of fun with caravans with firebirds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

Quick question: Does anybody know what the difference is between a bladed/spiked minecart and a bladed/spiked tracktrap?

tracktraps don't have a container capacity, i think

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:16 am »

Which stockpile stores Ink? What about Blood? I feel like these things should be in the manual underneath the buildings they are made in. Every time I stop playing MW for a bit, I always come back confuse on where to store stuff.

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2013, 11:28:39 am »

Hello guys! Is it worth to forge glass weapons and armors? what are their quality (grade)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2013, 11:34:42 am »

If it's the same glass as in-game, I'm pretty sure that glass is some weird shit when it comes to properties.

If it's a modded TES-style glass, then yes, it's worth it.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »

If it's the same glass as in-game, I'm pretty sure that glass is some weird shit when it comes to properties.

If it's a modded TES-style glass, then yes, it's worth it.

Orcish (ashland) glass is indeed TES-style glass and ebony.  Dwarvish glassforge are a bit easier to come by, not as good, although the crystal versions are nice.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal#Alternate_Metal-like_Materials

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2013, 01:14:50 pm »

I don't think there is a way to stockpile blood, but the ink will go wherever you have your empty jugs stored. Would be nice to have a way to though. The Library supplies/goods tag for the library stuff has made that a whole lot easier. Maybe something similar can be done. Stockpiles are definitely difficult to deal with at times.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2013, 02:13:37 pm »

I don't think there is a way to stockpile blood, but the ink will go wherever you have your empty jugs stored. Would be nice to have a way to though. The Library supplies/goods tag for the library stuff has made that a whole lot easier. Maybe something similar can be done. Stockpiles are definitely difficult to deal with at times.

Thanks. It's interesting when the kitchen is dismantled and explode in a sea of blood pots. And the ink jug thing works, except you have to forbid bins since jugs inside of bins can't be used to store ink into. Yeah, I do agree that the stockpile in this game is a bit of a hassle. Hope it goes smoother with the next update to Dwarf Fortress, which I think is coming soon-ish. It has been a year. 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »

No stockpile updates next version.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2013, 07:50:40 pm »

Will refusing barrels to a food stockpile still allow Large Pots to be used in said stockpile?

And totally unrelated, I may have forgotten to separate out the significant amount of Eternal youth potion I decided to brew up thinking it would be nice to have a military that wouldn't die from old age. Anyone know if the children will still grow up to be useful? Or if I might need to organize a summer survival camp to encourage more immigrants...

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:21 am »

Will refusing barrels to a food stockpile still allow Large Pots to be used in said stockpile?

And totally unrelated, I may have forgotten to separate out the significant amount of Eternal youth potion I decided to brew up thinking it would be nice to have a military that wouldn't die from old age. Anyone know if the children will still grow up to be useful? Or if I might need to organize a summer survival camp to encourage more immigrants...

AFAIK pots and barrels wont be used in a food stockpile with no barrels allowed. Easier to manage my seeds that way.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2013, 09:18:19 am »

What is the best kind of (non FFable) turret?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:04:06 pm by Jaso11111 »

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2013, 11:13:19 am »

How to make "pan flute"? It's needed in tavern to play song "no hunger/thirst". Can I make it in craftworkshop -> make instruments or should I trade for it?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:51 am »

How to make "pan flute"? It's needed in tavern to play song "no hunger/thirst". Can I make it in craftworkshop -> make instruments or should I trade for it?

trade with elves or

[REACTION:UNPACK_CARAVAN_ELF]
   [NAME:unload full caravan (elf)]

[REACTION:PREPARE_RELICT_1]
   [NAME:restore found relic]

[REACTION:CRAFT_ROCK_INSTRUMENT_RANDOM]
[NAME:craft random rock instrument]

Spoiler: details (click to show/hide)

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »

Another two questions.
Sometimes guildhall seems not to work, they use goldcoins but nothing happens. Is there any requirement for a dwarf to join a guild or a chance of failure?

Improving a weapon or armor in weaponry/amory is decreasing the value of the item.
So i'm wondering whether a superior or legendary weapon out of a masterwork steel item, with lower value, is still better for combat?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 165