Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 23941 times)

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 03:26:32 am »

Kobold camp uses some raws unique for kobolds and some raws, which are common for all the modes. AFAIK, there is only one command that can make all the stones either diggable or not. There is also a command that can specify, whether it is stone or soil. Meph can make the compact peat a soil type and it will become diggable, but it would not drop boulders in this case, so you would not be able to use it as fuel.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 03:49:19 am »

that is not entirely true. i can make compact eat diggable and it would drop boulders, just what i already do with ores and gems... the problem is, that i mod the material. other races wil do thesame then. for example dwarves cannot dig in a worldthat is generated for kobold camp... necause the material itself is undiggable.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The_Falconer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 07:07:23 pm »

Seems my Kobolds are having a lot of trouble with hunting right now.  Earlier it was because of a cave I needed to explore and it worked then but now they refuse to hunt.  It also seems to be missing the bola and sling skill at embark.

FangoWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 09:04:47 pm »

My Kobold children are being born with hunting skill at 2 and hunting on.  This makes it hard to keep them near the fort.  I guess I could burrow them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:47 am »

Kobold children are supposed to always hunt, some even fish. It should simulate a band of ragtag children you cant control, bringing themselves into danger. This is why kobolds have a larger littersize then dwarves. Their life expectancy is a lot shorter. I made them tantrum resistant to counterbalance this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

spigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 01:21:11 pm »

The magma generator "Melt metal ore" reaction is broken. It only produces generic 'bars'.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 10:55:02 am »

Meteoric ore isn't digable.

Also, is coal undiggable because it isn't something the mod can do, or for balance reasons?  Just seems curious, since the kobolds are able to dig hard things like hematite and gems out...

fasquardon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:48 am »

I found many more bugs, that I am currently working on. Some rather hefty ones, but they only concern kobold mode...

Fasquardon, which version and tileset are you using? Please always give the info when making a report... otherwise I have to look though 5 sets of raws, instead of just 1.

Currently they can dig compact peat, but other coals they cant... Its not logical, mostly balancing, since they should heavily rely on wood. I only made compact peat digable, because it appears in soil layers and otherwise would take up large areas of living space you cant dig.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 06:17:20 pm »

Fasquardon, which version and tileset are you using? Please always give the info when making a report... otherwise I have to look though 5 sets of raws, instead of just 1.

Currently they can dig compact peat, but other coals they cant... Its not logical, mostly balancing, since they should heavily rely on wood. I only made compact peat digable, because it appears in soil layers and otherwise would take up large areas of living space you cant dig.

Oops...  It was the new Mephgraphics (that have replaced Matrix).

Incidentally, did you know that the new graphics disable some letters and numbers?  For example zeroes are now coffins.

And I see what you are about on the coal front.

fasquardon

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

Hello, first time posting on the DF forums.

I seem to be unable to play as kobolds, after about 2 years the game will stop responding and crash without fail. This has happened on three different embarks. I have changed settings around on all versions, first time with vanilla races on, then adding some fortress defense races, then, most recently i have disabled the vanilla and put in the MDF evil versions of the races, since the vanilla ones were friendly.

The only other modification to the files on my part was to remove a particular creature that was giving me trouble consistently and early on in the fortress, this modification was done before worldgen on all three versions. Not sure what to include as far as uploading files if that is needed. This change didn't affect dwarve's or orc's embarks so came here.

Edit: almost forgot, running v3c, win 7, and Matrix tileset
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:59:52 pm by Nidor »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 05:33:10 am »

Ice Sculptor and possibly other looted workshops don't need the looted plan to build.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 02:09:01 pm »

As of 3d rat shepherd embark profile no longer brings any rats...
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »

I think that the df embark profile deletes the rats (and other pets) because the raws for them dont exist if you play with dwarves/orcs. So the game loads up, sees no rats, deleted them from the embark profile. So once you toggle to kobolds, having the rats and ogres and trap-spiders back in, the embark profile does not include them anymore.

Same with dwarf and orc specific pets... I dont quite know how to fix that, since its hardcoded into DF. And I cant enable all pets at the same time, because then Orcs would have Golems and Dwarves have Jack-Rats and Kobolds could embark with Arctic Condors and Direwolves.  ::)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

Using new version and I can't find the Bombardier workshop. Using Ironhand.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 01:10:38 am »

God damn your damn ironhand damn.

Same thing happened that happened to the 2 orcish buildings: I updated the default tileset building files, did not update the building files in the other tilesets. I really have to get used to having multiple building versions. So much for learning from mistakes.   :-\

This time you can just copy them from the Matrix/Masterwork raws. MasterworkDwarfFortress/Matrix/Raw/Objects/buildings_kobold.txt and search for bombardier and leather upholstery. These two are new.

@Everyone: The Bombardier is currently only available with the default Masterwork Tileset.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:16:52 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16