Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 23960 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2013, 07:51:45 am »

I suppose I should fire up my dwarf radar and go try to mine some ores. I'm currently playing kobolds, but have been mining only dirt so far. Need more room.

I am still seeing some issues with seeds in bags in barrels. Seems to work sometimes, but not all the time. I thought this was fixed this version, but maybe I misunderstood. So I have gone back to prohibiting barrels in my seed stockpiles.

Trying to learn this new pottery system. Still waiting on my greenware to dry. My first impression: takes too long. Might be worth it for the top end stuff, but not sure I'll use it for the low end. I can trade for metals (and maybe steal them!) easier.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2013, 08:12:23 am »

kobolds spawned via the breeder warren immediately die of old age.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:40 am »

I dont know if this is kobold specific or the right place to post, but anyway:

in my current embark, there is no peat.
i tried to transform a clay layer to peat via df hack.

first of all it said that this would be a change between soil and stonelayer :o
so then i tried it with 'changelayer PEAT force' and it changed into a fireclay layer...

:-\

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2013, 06:02:15 am »

I dont see how this is a bug. Peat might exist on a map, or not, just like fireclay, clay, dirt or sand...

You tried PEAT, which is the id for the stone-peat, which you can mine for boulders, which is also the end product of compressing peat. The name is compact peat... I think you wanted soil, which is PEAT_SOIL, if I am not mistaken.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2013, 06:12:37 am »

yes, it surely is no bug - i just wanted some ;)

i just got confused by the fireclay that appeared ;)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2013, 10:59:53 am »

Kobold druids need a look. I am in spring of 103 in my new camp and mine is miserable. This is due to one issue, no clothing. He has clothing, but he sheds it every time he sees a hostile. Then he gets a very unhappy thought. Not sure if this happens while in bear form, or when he changes back but before he's dressed again.

This is despite countering good thoughts from legendary dining room, admiring buildings, luxurious food, etc. For comparison, the next lowest tier is content, and the majority of the camp is happy.

I know I can put up a shisha lodge and try to manage it that way, but druids changing into bear form should not really be an exceptional event needed micromanaging.

My suggested "fix?" Give the druid a very happy thought when he converts into bear form (battle frenzy!) to counter the no clothes one. Seems the easiest way to nullify that without affecting the proper unhappy thoughts from running naked when not shifting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:02 am »

I cant mod thoughts. Sorry. I dont even think the shisha works atm, I cant make it target the worker correctly... because its a ruby script, not a lua script, and autosyndrome has a problem with that. So... ehm... nothing I can do about it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2013, 02:28:43 pm »

Hmm, can you slap them with a temporary syndrome while they are in bear form that wipes all their thoughts? Or is that the same issue as the shisha one?

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:25 pm »

I apologize if this has been brought up before but I am really frustrated/confused by the new Pottery.

I have access to Fire Clay on my map and when I go to shape it into Bricks thus far at least, haven't tried anything else. It spawns four units of magma in my pottery and very shortly afterward leads to a predictable fire that kills my potter more often than not. Am I simply misunderstanding the mechanics of this?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2013, 10:15:02 pm »

the prickleberry juice reaction in the juice bar gives me 12 (6 in both barrel) and 4 seeds for a stack of 5 prickle berries (got them off the first caravan)
the sunberry juice reaction gives me 6 (3 in both barrels) for 1 berry

i'm using v3i with phoebus

makes the winters a tad more difficult at the start lol

edit: the reaction "Strip Wood Stalks(4) for wood(1)" at the wood processor takes 2 wood stalks instead of 4
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:30:45 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2013, 12:08:32 am »

zach: thanks :)

mudd: you must have 3i without the fix I uploaded, AND play non-default tileset, is this correct? (the inorganic_other.txt was not updated in non-default tileset versions)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131065.0

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2013, 12:39:29 am »

np, i'm enjoying the change of pace :D
btw the kobold breeding warren produces a dead body saying scrat has died of old age, tried about 5 times : /
is there a kobold magic user that can bring the dead to life without turning it against the living?

i'm getting dwarves and elves for trading with orcs and warlocks as enemies (i had a few dwarves attack though, 2 kins i believe. caught 1 wavekin) and kobolds bring caravans every season.  i can get turrets and golems from the dwarves :D

the sawmills also take any trap component so i got 2 using 'wooden trap dart' :P
looking at the reactions in the sawmill, they seem a little to a lot off, steeloak and ironwood are in there but they work weird and don't give any steel or iron which is a tad misleading. 4 steeloak = 1 wood log and 4 steeloak seeds lol
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:56 am »

Yeah, I am so focues on Dwarf and Dfhack stuff, that kobolds get little attention. Sorry for that. And Orcs of course, but Smake isnt around...

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2013, 08:34:23 am »

Soulforge:

Kobold i used (and wanted to get rid of) didn't die.

Apart from that, i don't think that the items from the soulforge like longsword or towershield are really fitting for kobolds...

Edit:
Second try:
the cloud destroyed the wooden and leather building materials - soulforge deconstructed
the kobold got injured on lungs and heart, walked a few tiles and then suffocated.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:45:25 am by razorback »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2013, 07:13:23 pm »

the ogre cave doesn't seem to heal :(

using latest version with phoebus

edit: read the manual on ogres, they're suppose to flash after arming them with a tree  ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:08:56 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16