Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191194 times)

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1995 on: April 12, 2014, 04:15:48 pm »

And "reinstall" means extract the new download into its own folder, don't extract to the same directory as your last 'install.'
I love you. Please marry me so we can move into a nice apartment and cuddle in bed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1996 on: April 12, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »

ACHTUNG, STILLGESTANDEN! STIEFEL KUSCHELN NICHT!

but yeah, please always extract into a new folder, and delete the old version. If there are any drag and drop patches I specifically mention it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 12, 2014, 08:32:46 pm »

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find an answer, is there an easy way to remove the Tired status from creatures with the [NOEXERT] tag, like through dfhack? Will transformations do this? Right now I'm just looking for a quick fix
try to look at them with 'k' and use fullheal in dfhack.

Good weather should work, but not all good biomes have it.

Thanks! I just couldn't find it, only stuff about transforming into a fully healed creature for a tick and how that messes with ages.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:27 pm »

Good weather should work, but not all good biomes have it.
I tried embarking on another good biome and there are "piles of milk and honey vapor" everywhere, no sign of there having been any weather (no "it has started raining" messages) and yet I'm on the edge of a tantrum spiral from being "caught in freakish weather" and everyone is eating and drinking up a storm.

Is this what should be happening? 

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »

playing mwmod patched with beta...

not sure if the error is some add on of the patched version or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 14, 2014, 11:26:11 pm »

um.......

not sure how to do a bug report, but.......

I've got several layers of Adamantine......on the surface.......like 8 Z layers high.

On top of that, when I was doing embark I noticed I could get Ethereal weaponry, armor, bars, etc for 0 Dorfbucks. I was going to abuse the heck out of it and then play it straight, but.......as much as I would like to have the Adamantine be real, I'm not going to play that fort. because adamantine shouldn't be that common.

o.0

This is Windows MasterworkDF V4j.

If anyone wants the save, I suppose I could upload it somewhere. It has Runic Walls and Adamantine for the top 15 levels or so, the Walls on top of the Adamantine.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 15, 2014, 06:14:09 am »

Sounds like messed up/duplicate raws bug from vanilla. Imagine if you had to dig through layers of INORGANIC:FORCE_SIEGE_FROST_GIANT to get anywhere underground though.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 15, 2014, 12:48:02 pm »

Duplicate raws. Extract Masterwork DF into a new folder, not into an older version or vanilla DF and it should solve everything.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:15 pm »

Duplicate raws. Extract Masterwork DF into a new folder, not into an older version or vanilla DF and it should solve everything.

Yup, did that after a few worlds generated had walls of Adamantium (not ore, but just Adamantium) and a couple other metals. Works fine, now.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 16, 2014, 02:36:22 pm »

All of my worlds seem to have strange errors.

Whenever I embark as Dwarves, I am able to take Ethereal and Slag equipment and tools for 0 dwarfbucks. Once I actually get into the game I dug into a layer of 'Runic', which yielded boulders of 'Runic' that were worth 500 apiece and seemed to drop straight as metal, rather than stone. I also encountered a layer of 'Paralysing' which did not yeald any stone. I also noticed that, in a peat soil layer, there were clusters of 'Thick' (Thats is, just 'Thick', not thick peat, thick soil or thick anything, just 'Thick') which dropped a magma-safe boulder of 'Thick'.

I persisted with my game untill the goblin ambushes arrived, not wearing rusty iron equipment, sporting 'Molten Slag' armor and slag weapons and ammunition. The 'molten slag' armor did not seem to affect them or my dwarves in any way, other than serving as very meager protection.

This bug persisted after I did a clean install to a new folder. These bugs can also be replicated on my friend's machine (we are both running on windows 7 && both downloaded separately from eachother)

EDIT

I reinstalled it again and, this time, I did not change any options in the launcher before playing the game - the bugs above did not occur. (I did not play long enough to test the invaders materials) I will do some tests to find out if any of the options in the launcher cause it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:02:21 pm by ghosteh »
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »

Make Soft Bed from Feathers will use a feather matress on a bed as a reagent resulting in all available feathers being used but the one mattress made over and over.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:32 pm »

This bug persisted after I did a clean install to a new folder. These bugs can also be replicated on my friend's machine (we are both running on windows 7 && both downloaded separately from eachother)

EDIT

I reinstalled it again and, this time, I did not change any options in the launcher before playing the game - the bugs above did not occur. (I did not play long enough to test the invaders materials) I will do some tests to find out if any of the options in the launcher cause it.

It sounds possible that the launcher is improperly replicating raws when it makes changes, but given that this doesn't appear to be a common problem (possibly some of the reports solved "duplicate raws" may have also been caused by such a launcher bug), it seems more likely that it could be a system-specific problem. Like, the launcher makes some changes, but gets interrupted somehow before it completes them. Perhaps OS permissions, the launcher freezing or crashing, or perhaps even just toggling different options quickly.

But that all assumes that the launcher is the problem, which may or may not even be the case.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »

EDIT

It sounds possible that the launcher is improperly replicating raws when it makes changes, but given that this doesn't appear to be a common problem (possibly some of the reports solved "duplicate raws" may have also been caused by such a launcher bug), it seems more likely that it could be a system-specific problem. Like, the launcher makes some changes, but gets interrupted somehow before it completes them. Perhaps OS permissions, the launcher freezing or crashing, or perhaps even just toggling different options quickly.

But that all assumes that the launcher is the problem, which may or may not even be the case.

I have tested it extensively, making new worlds, each one with one more feature changed untill I had all the feature switches identical on my third install as I did on the buggy first, yet I cannot replicate it a third time.

The only thing I did differently here was that I launched the game first, before changing anything. Perhaps files are created on the first launch that are required?
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 16, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

How far along into loading the game where you when you changed raw settings? I know the game is okay with, for example, deleting save data when you're in the main menu, so I think it would be okay with changing raws at that point too, but if you're selecting worldgen parameters... well, I don't think the game reads raws until it actual starts world gen or starts playing a game. So I don't know. And changing settings during worldgen or during a game shouldn't have any affect on any previously generated world.

Rubicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 16, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »

playing mwmod patched with beta...

not sure if the error is some add on of the patched version or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This looks like what happens when diggingInvaders is  turned on in the DFhack init, but off in the launcher.  A few other people were having the same problem, myself included.
See this thread:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137558.0

TLDR: When you launch the game, go to DFhack and type 'diggingInvaders disable', see if that fixes the crash. 
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 142