Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191231 times)

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1890 on: March 15, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »

So i have to start a new fort to fix the broken military?

-_- I've tried everything.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 15, 2014, 03:20:01 pm »

Did you try making them transform? No idea if it applies in this case, but it general it can fix quite some random stuff.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 15, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »

Still early game, no trade permit.

The military is just completely broken for some reason. I think it might have something to do with alerts, I have no idea really. A couple are retaining their military status now when on duty but its just ridiculous.

Edit: Okay.... Suddenly some migrants arrive. All dwarfs set to train suddenly decide they can be bothered to be part of the military...

This is so strange.

Edit 2: There is definitely something buggy about military in the latest release. It isn't to do with weapon skills like someone suggested. I created a new world, new fort, had 2 dwarfs with completely different skills, got them training/sparring together with morningstars instantly with a cabinet. Neither of them had skill in it. I tried with various combinations and they got to training right away.

It's a game-breaking bug, and it seems fairly common considering responses. I thought it might be to do with civ alerts, however a previous poster stated he had 0 burrows and the military still ceased to function properly.

It's pretty sad, I was playing that fortress for 2 days straight :( But I have a shit load of work to do, so it's probably a blessing in disguise. Good day sirs/ladies!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:04:17 am by Mudcrab »

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 16, 2014, 10:30:05 am »

So i have to start a new fort to fix the broken military?

-_- I've tried everything.

I tried it already, same problem. I think we have to use the previous version.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 16, 2014, 11:34:42 am »

Did the problem arise after a few years? Because I tested a new fort and the military worked fine.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 16, 2014, 11:35:01 am »

This is not a bug, actually, more of a suggestion. Just that this seems a high traffic thread......

The documentation for Masterwork is currently in a number of places, including the mod-supplied HTML versions, various wiki versions, and the DF wiki version.

My suggestion is that the maintainer could move the main version to the wiki (or ask for help to to do it).
This would:
1. Free up his time to work on the main mod.
2. Let other people contribute suggestions, etc.

Just a suggestion.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 16, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

Did the problem arise after a few years? Because I tested a new fort and the military worked fine.

I testet it at the start of my new fort with 3 alerts, 3 burrows, 3 single dwarf squads and it worked but later it was the same again. What was annoying because it cost a lot of time to get to that point.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 16, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »

:( I'm just gonna play vanilla

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 16, 2014, 12:58:17 pm »

Here is the 4h Version. There is not much change for the dwarfs but in think there is a bug with rabid pets.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8382

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 16, 2014, 01:05:22 pm »

Here is the 4h Version. There is not much change for the dwarfs but in think there is a bug with rabid pets.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8382

Okay i'll give it a go. Was enjoying the extra Masterwork stuff.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1900 on: March 16, 2014, 01:38:33 pm »

have any of you noticed if the military problems start once certain castes are added to squads?

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 16, 2014, 01:55:19 pm »

It could be Splinterz. My very first squad contained one Legion Dwarf, he arrived a member of the caste. This was when the problems began. I'm gonna start a new fort on the latest version, with military castes disabled.

I'll post how it goes.

Edit: In fact my first squad consisted of a Legion Dwarf and Beast Warden
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:18:58 pm by Mudcrab »

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 16, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

For me, the bug happens whenever I load up a game, no matter who is in the squad.  It is fixed by migrants arriving, until I load up a save. 
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 16, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »

I just had a self-destructing drow caravan. It didn't even get on the screen (half of the first wagon is still outside the map). I'm not sure what happened, but I think one of the guards tried to kill a (friendly?) drow necromancers undead pet that accompanied the caravan with a spay of nets while the other one tried to kill it with a flamethrower. The whole caravan died literally 2 tiles into the map, about 1-2seconds @ 150fps without a chance to do anything about it (and - of course - the whole map is ashes now). I thing the fiery skill palette desperately needs some extra though put into it: That's not so much "fun" any more, that's just plain random.

Speaking of random fire: one embark attempt prior to this one, almost all of my citizens died about 10-15 seconds after embark due to a random fire (that also ate all the grass and wood on the map). Not sure what exactly happened, but the only hostile creature around was a dead single firebird (which might have been killed by a leatherwing bat). Unless I misjudged how dangerous those are supposed to be, that lvl of destruction might be a bit overkill for their role.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:30:24 pm by yaymeh »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1904 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:42 am »

well i've been trying to get the military stuff to act up with the most recent version of 4i SWP, but no luck yet. i've got a squad of 3, rotating on station, train, and patrol, tried saving and loading multiple times, adding/removing units from the squad. so far they just carry on as expected, anything else i should try?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 142