Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190489 times)

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1845 on: March 06, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »

Version V4i, Windows 7
Plant and tree variety options sometimes give "failed due to missing token YESFF[" error when toggling.
Upon selecting either the standard or recommended "create new world" options dwarf fortress hangs indefinitely.

EDIT:
Selecting the object testing arena also causes the game to hang.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:39:18 pm by lukstra »

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 06, 2014, 05:53:38 pm »

I'm almost certain that the hang is due to the GUI not properly disabling "tree variety" and breaking your RAWs if you attempt to do so.

Reinstalling MW4i and not touching tree variety worked for me.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 09, 2014, 02:14:16 pm »

gettin real tired of the guildhall failing to transform dwarves into guild dwarves.

reaction runs gold spent. transformaiton message happens. dwarf freezes turning into apprentice.

then turns back into a dwarf as if nothing happened. no caste joining. just waste.

first few guild transforms worked fine, - got 3 masons, 1 alchemist. 1 smith.

trying to get 5 more masons each one fails (attempts made the next season)

attempted restarting entire game still fails

attempted doing a different dwarf (no babies in arms) still failed

driving me nuts..

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 09, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

Ok
I am still running G (though i DLd i and looked in the raws there too and it's the same issue)
I got to a point where i was making moonsilver
but i couldnt use it

in the raws for inorganic you have -USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE-
which needs to be [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
 (unless you've commented it out for some reason i dont know)... when i changed it to brackets it worked (i think it's probably a typo)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 10, 2014, 01:53:17 am »

gettin real tired of the guildhall failing to transform dwarves into guild dwarves.

reaction runs gold spent. transformaiton message happens. dwarf freezes turning into apprentice.

then turns back into a dwarf as if nothing happened. no caste joining. just waste.

driving me nuts..

You were saying you were trying to get 5 more masons.  You weren't running those reactions on repeat with five dwarves assigned to the building or queuing up 5 jobs right?  Just checking to make sure you are doing just one dwarf at a time.  The reaction doesn't work if repeating.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1850 on: March 10, 2014, 04:45:31 am »

Ok
I am still running G (though i DLd i and looked in the raws there too and it's the same issue)
I got to a point where i was making moonsilver
but i couldnt use it

in the raws for inorganic you have -USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE-
which needs to be [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
 (unless you've commented it out for some reason i dont know)... when i changed it to brackets it worked (i think it's probably a typo)
nice catch! it looks like there are a few more inorganics for kobolds (druid hut) that may suffer the same issue:

- spirit hide
- earth/water/air/fire auras

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 10, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »

Hey, not sure if this might somehow be my fault, or if it would even be a Masterwork issue, but my whole has the negative thought "was forced to drink vomit recently", despite me having a reasonable amount of booze, and a designated water source. Any ideas?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 10, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »

I have a problem with my military dwarfs. They ignore all schedules. First they performed at least the training schedule with my 3 dwarf squad. Then i added 3 more dwarfs to the squad and the new ones won't start training and stayed civilian. I tried many different things like deleting squads, make new ones, delete barracks, new alerts/schedules and so on. But now every burrow or patrol i make is ignored by my military dwarfs, even the pre set training-schedule. They stay civilian and don't do anything until i send them directly with the move or kill command.
It's the second fort i have this problem. In the first they at least trained but ignored every other selfmade alert/schedule. The civlian alert is working, only the military is ignoring everything with alerts, schedules, burrows and patrols. I'm not a newbie to the military system.
May be it has something to do with a script?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:15:59 pm by LordNippes »

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 10, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »

driving me nuts..

You were saying you were trying to get 5 more masons.  You weren't running those reactions on repeat with five dwarves assigned to the building or queuing up 5 jobs right?  Just checking to make sure you are doing just one dwarf at a time.  The reaction doesn't work if repeating.

yeah repeat is a no no, one dwarf at a time going down the list of non military able dwarves (sorry ladies need them babies not dwarven shields)
about 45 of my 85 populace cannot join a guild for any reason, even some of the kids cannot join a guild and remain eternally guildless.

i play with diseases and secret fun stuff off. just tryin to make a marksdwarf squad now, with harder learning on i -want- them to be in a guild.

the order it plays out is . >que up transformation, dwarf i picked runs up takes gold to reaction. does reaction > gets smoke> gets transformed message > Turns into dwarf in training > *time passes* > Dwarf turns into a Dwarf!

of course i wanted Dwarf to turn into a Marksdwarf! or Mason Guild!

(i did get my 10 masons eventually just had to go down the list to find dwarves that could guild change.)

while i assume this has to do something with the hidden tags making them a different caste that cant transform, even the cheaty view of therapist doesnt highlight them for me =(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:46:05 pm by Fairin »

haplol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 11, 2014, 02:07:10 am »

I have a problem with my military dwarfs. They ignore all schedules. First they performed at least the training schedule with my 3 dwarf squad. Then i added 3 more dwarfs to the squad and the new ones won't start training and stayed civilian. I tried many different things like deleting squads, make new ones, delete barracks, new alerts/schedules and so on. But now every burrow or patrol i make is ignored by my military dwarfs, even the pre set training-schedule. They stay civilian and don't do anything until i send them directly with the move or kill command.
It's the second fort i have this problem. In the first they at least trained but ignored every other selfmade alert/schedule. The civlian alert is working, only the military is ignoring everything with alerts, schedules, burrows and patrols. I'm not a newbie to the military system.

I am actually having this exact problem, my dwarves are not equipping uniforms unless I set military action, when I release them from a squad they don't perform any civilian tasks, and my sergeant still has the sergeant title, the whole situation seems very similar to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=428 from v.31. no amount of remaking barracks/squads does anything

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 11, 2014, 03:12:19 am »

I am actually having this exact problem, my dwarves are not equipping uniforms unless I set military action, when I release them from a squad they don't perform any civilian tasks, and my sergeant still has the sergeant title, the whole situation seems very similar to this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=428 from v.31. no amount of remaking barracks/squads does anything

i belive the problem stems from 2 possible settings, military dwarves confined to a burrow during an alert , which may also turn off active duty when switching to an alert if they are not specifically set to be active on the custom alert.

if that made any sense, here's a diagram,

Military dwarf, Active/training , No civ alert. Assigned to burrow (whole fort) > Switch to Alert Military (possibly) switches to Inactive returns to civilian state ignoring partol orders (because a civ cant ignore burrows).

solution, fix the alert so military dwarves stay in active/training while the alert is active, and i don't belive military dwarves should ever be assigned burrows, unless its a patrol route.

however i could be completely wrong and full of it. but hey. maybe it'll help someone =)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 11, 2014, 03:40:56 am »

I think waterlings & magmalings from the pet shop have the wrong caste (and/or gender). The "buy magmaling" reaction gives a male breeder (that can't be used to spawn lava/water) and the more expensive "buy breeder" reaction gives a female normal waterling/magmaling.

If I want to fix the ones I already ordered to work as water/magma sources - is it enough to change the caste to 0 or do I have to do something else? The one caste-changed waterling I tested was activated by the alchemist properly and started spawning water. He didn't stay in place though which got sort of messy. Not sure if I'm supposed to wall them in or if they are supposed to wander (/float/swim) away after doing their thing...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:47:34 am by yaymeh »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1857 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:00 am »

I think waterlings & magmalings from the pet shop have the wrong caste (and/or gender). The "buy magmaling" reaction gives a male breeder (that can't be used to spawn lava/water) and the more expensive "buy breeder" reaction gives a female normal waterling/magmaling.

If I want to fix the ones I already ordered to work as water/magma sources - is it enough to change the caste to 0 or do I have to do something else? The one caste-changed waterling I tested was activated by the alchemist properly and started spawning water. He didn't stay in place though which got sort of messy. Not sure if I'm supposed to wall them in or if they are supposed to wander (/float/swim) away after doing their thing...
yeah it looks like the caste index is backwards. it would be great if you could test it out after swapping the SYN_CLASS:1/0 in inorganic_dfhack.txt. so replace:
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_CHANGELING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:CHANGELING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Changeling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_CHANGELING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:CHANGELING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Changeling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_MAGMALING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:MAGMALING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Magmaling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_MAGMALING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:MAGMALING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Magmaling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_WATERLING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:WATERLING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Waterling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_WATERLING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:WATERLING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Waterling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
with
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_CHANGELING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:CHANGELING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Changeling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_CHANGELING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:CHANGELING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Changeling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_MAGMALING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:MAGMALING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Magmaling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_MAGMALING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:MAGMALING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Magmaling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_F_WATERLING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:WATERLING][SYN_CLASS:1][SYN_CLASS:Waterling Female][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[INORGANIC:SPAWN_M_WATERLING][USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Creature][SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:spawn][SYN_CLASS:WATERLING][SYN_CLASS:0][SYN_CLASS:Waterling Male][SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
i'm not sure if you'll be able to fix the one that you already bought though. might be easier to 'gift' yourself some coins instead?

haplol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 11, 2014, 01:57:49 pm »

i belive the problem stems from 2 possible settings, military dwarves confined to a burrow during an alert , which may also turn off active duty when switching to an alert if they are not specifically set to be active on the custom alert.

if that made any sense, here's a diagram,

Military dwarf, Active/training , No civ alert. Assigned to burrow (whole fort) > Switch to Alert Military (possibly) switches to Inactive returns to civilian state ignoring partol orders (because a civ cant ignore burrows).

solution, fix the alert so military dwarves stay in active/training while the alert is active, and i don't belive military dwarves should ever be assigned burrows, unless its a patrol route.

however i could be completely wrong and full of it. but hey. maybe it'll help someone =)

Nope I currently have 0 burrows, Additionally some of the dwarves will attempt to do individual combat drills but not perform them, while the rest sit around the meeting area with no job.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 11, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »

yeah it looks like the caste index is backwards. it would be great if you could test it out after swapping the SYN_CLASS:1/0 in inorganic_dfhack.txt. so replace:
Saved the game to make the changes but have not been able to load it again - getting only segfaults (with reverted raws too)... not sure what corrupted the save-game. The waterling stuff (purchase, activation, killing them off) I did directly prior to saving of course is suspicious, but I probably did some other weird things since I last tried to load a game.

edit: Figured out what corrupted the savegame. It was ME :D

Buying Waterlings & activating them works after making the changes to the raws!

(still not sure if they should get swept away by their own water... am I supposed to wall/grate/fortify them in so they stay where they are supposed to instead of just pasturing them? I thought they were supposed to be "stationary"... )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:19:36 pm by yaymeh »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142