Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190455 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1815 on: February 14, 2014, 10:26:19 am »

I ran cathedral and fought those undead. I don't know why I didn't think about it. You were right there's a curious structure down there preventing any more dwarves showing up. I had enough of that in cathedral. Back to the mountain homes we go!

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 18, 2014, 12:51:46 am »

When researching double damage for elves, the message says research on goblins has been completed. I'm not sure if it still gives double damage against elves, but the message is incorrect.

Edit: Okay, after some SCIENCE I found out that studying brains, bones and nerves, and joint movement for elves give the message for goblin research. Physiology and muscle tissue have correct message.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:29:03 am by StruckDown »

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 19, 2014, 03:31:12 pm »

Not sure if its a bug but my military dwarfs seems to prefer using bloody armor od Armok above my admantine breastplates. Also they NEVER equip the bloody battle axe. I have to give specific weapons for my dwarfs to use those.

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 19, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »

My watermancer somehow managed to blow off his own clothes (one of my starting dwarves and it's still the first year so it couldn't be rot). He now has massive frost bite all over his body which is rather amusing given his abilities. I think it happened when he used his AoE, but I can't be sure.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 20, 2014, 05:27:22 pm »

Has someone else reported something strange about the scaling of enemy sieges?

I am on my second fully mature fort (I have only ever played this version of MDF). I have legendart military dwarfs fully clad in admantine and I have exported loads of value. Still I only rarely get sieges and when I do They attack me with 10-30 soldiers. The worst trouble I have seen have been multiple ambushes at the same time but its still no more than I can handle with one small squad of malee dwarfs.

This is two forts in separate worlds that have been way too easy to defend. Even when playing a no door, no drawbridge, no traps handicap.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:03 pm »

I am on my second fully mature fort (I have only ever played this version of MDF). I have legendart military dwarfs fully clad in admantine and I have exported loads of value. Still I only rarely get sieges and when I do They attack me with 10-30 soldiers. The worst trouble I have seen have been multiple ambushes at the same time but its still no more than I can handle with one small squad of malee dwarfs.

This is two forts in separate worlds that have been way too easy to defend. Even when playing a no door, no drawbridge, no traps handicap.
I don't know whether or not that's intended, but I think you can make sieges both larger and more often by declaring war with the Embassy.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1821 on: February 20, 2014, 05:34:13 pm »

I assume you are playing with near-default settings? If its too easy for you, you can always add more races, add better materials to invaders, and set their combat skills individually, from 0-15, as you like. If you think its too easy, you can try against steel-clad legendary goblin ambushes. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

- build embassy next to coin stockpile
- queue up reaction to declare war on each existing race (only take those that exist, saves time between reactions)
- wait
- PROFIT
- repeat next season
- MORE PROFIT

Oh, and I have 100+ enemy sieges (when counting mounts as well) from time to time ^^ Even without forcing it the above way.

Or use the way i chose for Hexxedgarish... Dig into the adamantine spire, without any tricks ^^ And then fight straight up :D
Protip: Build floors over your fortifications :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1823 on: February 20, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »

I remember when Kobold thievery caused an ambush 100% of the time. Queue 50 thief-jobs. Total chaos ensured on the surface, soooo many Warlocks, Elves and Goblins fighting themselves. It was glorious. I had 600+ ambushers on the map. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 20, 2014, 07:33:33 pm »

I assume you are playing with near-default settings? If its too easy for you, you can always add more races, add better materials to invaders, and set their combat skills individually, from 0-15, as you like. If you think its too easy, you can try against steel-clad legendary goblin ambushes. ;)
- build embassy next to coin stockpile
- queue up reaction to declare war on each existing race (only take those that exist, saves time between reactions)
- wait
- PROFIT
- repeat next season
- MORE PROFIT

Oh, and I have 100+ enemy sieges (when counting mounts as well) from time to time ^^ Even without forcing it the above way.

Or use the way i chose for Hexxedgarish... Dig into the adamantine spire, without any tricks ^^ And then fight straight up :D
Protip: Build floors over your fortifications :D

I was reading your story marghell when I started to suspect my game is different.

I know both how to initiate sieges using diplomacy (still only small sieges from orcs and elves and declaring war on deep drow gave me thieves(!) only) and how to activate more races (My first fort had minotaurus activated and they were attacking me way more than all the default races together)

It is possible the default races are too slow in adapting to my fortress?

And of course I can send in the clowns but my point is that both my forts got to the point where I normally fight the clowns and stand a decent chance without getting any hard sieges whatsoever up until then.

I am not complaing, I am suspecting something is wrong with balancing. Therefore I was asking if anyone else had reported something simular.

My first fort still had FUN with a syndrome-infected cage so I can obviosly still lose.

I know I need larger sample size but I am reluctant to playing another fort only to discover the siges wont scale when I advance again.

I dont generate a very long history because the game crashes during world-gen if I wait too long. both forts have been around 200 years of history. Can this be a reason?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1825 on: February 20, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »

Worldgen and History plays a big role. The shorter, the more precise it is. The longer, the more the races can kill themselves due to wars and infighting. I usually play with 50 years max history, but I can understand if players want a longer one.

It depends how far away they have their sites in worldgen, and how many members are alive, and so forth. Its pretty random, which is the nature of the game. ;)

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »

Just confirmed when a watermancer conjures arctic sea foam and thus is caught in a burst of freezing spray, he is covered in freezing spray covering which destroys all his clothing and does severe frost bite to all of his body parts including his teeth.

Edit: Forgot to note this is with the most recent version of Masterwork, playing as dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:24:32 pm by Trojanhamster »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1827 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »

Just confirmed when a watermancer conjures arctic sea foam and thus is caught in a burst of freezing spray, he is covered in freezing spray covering which destroys all his clothing and does severe frost bite to all of his body parts including his teeth.

Edit: Forgot to note this is with the most recent version of Masterwork, playing as dwarves.
Yeah, I know about this problem, but I cant really figure out any solution. The temp immunity is a creature-wide effect, I cant make only this caste immune. The only thing I can think of is removing/changing the spell to not cover AoE. Or wear temp-immune clothing, like netherbark armor. -.-

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 20, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »

No worries, it's more amusing than anything having a frost mage covered in severe frost bite who blows his own clothes off when he casts spells. It's like disney's Frozen gone horribly wrong incredibly dwarfy.  :D

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:12 am »

You might have had races die off kingu.  When you generated a world did you hit p to export the world information and take a look at the population of each race?  I have made a habit of that since my last world had 100,000+ kobolds and only a few thousand of each other race.  That fort hardly ever saw sieges except by the kobolds, who while wearing extremely good steel gear, were still tiny and weak against my dwarves.

You may want to try embarking near a tower next time too if you're brave.  Necromancer towers don't tend to do things small.  You'll probably get a 100+ undead siege by year three.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 142