Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190456 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1800 on: February 08, 2014, 03:18:41 pm »

Why are there two friendly deity 'others' in my fortress? Maybe instead of friendly deities game was supposed to spawn megabeasts? :o

Nope. Those are from friendly civs. Demons can take over as leaders. Megabeasts are megabeasts. The game will never spawn anything that isn't a megabeast on accident when it means to spawn a megabeast. Titans are megabeasts, btw.
Hm. Okay. But why are they heeeere. D:

... does it maybe have to do with me trying to invite a human diplomat? I seem sort-of-at-war with the humans because their first diplomat got ate by a marbled aengiswaeard.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 08, 2014, 06:59:46 pm »

I just noticed that the alchemy transmutation wheel in the manual doesn't contain Nickel, but it's in the alchemists lab between copper and bismuth.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Narsil76

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 09, 2014, 11:56:28 am »

I've just noticed an exploit during trades. When you sell you'r stuff on the trade screen using the shift-m to sell everything, the total value is wrong: it count the total value of the bin/container and all the items it contained twice. The items in a bin/container shouldn't be defined for trade, only the bin to prevent this. As an example is you have in a bin 3 items that cost 100 each and a bin that worth 50 it will count a total sell value of 650 with the shit-m method.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:22 am »

Animated swords can catch the common cold.  I don't know how a length of iron can look "pale and sickly," but they do.

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:06 pm »

When the priest or nun creates a new item from a sacrificed item in the Temple of Armok, he/she uses the newly created item (when left on repeat) to try and run the reaction, thus wasting the newly created item.

The Brick Oven and the Magma Brick Oven use the same shortcut key to build them.

My air mage refuses to pick up magic missiles for the wand. I put him in a squad and assigned him the missiles as ammo but still nothing.

There is no reaction to transmute chrome to wolfram in the Alchemist's Laboratory.

I also mentioned that the enchanted weapon reaction wasn't working about a week ago. Is it just me having the problem, or did my report get buried? I never got a response. Sorry to be a pain, but my dorfs made a lot of diamonds just for them to prove useless...

Helbrecht

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:06 pm »

Greetings,

I have killed a kobold thief and got a "kobold skin scalp" with a value of 917514 dwarfbucks... I am assuming that this is a bug and not intended? Masterwork-Mod version is 4h.
Here is a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/6jDW0lE

EDIT: Thanks for the explanation. I really like how the mod is supported. Keep up the good work!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:33:21 am by Helbrecht »
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1806 on: February 13, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »

yeah, scalps are tools with no size, and the value is material*size*something and without the size DF just goes asdbshbdjsdbsakdb and your stuff is worth unlimited money. Its an easy fix that I will add in the next update. Shouldnt take to long, I just have to sit down and find 1-2 days for DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 14, 2014, 02:53:31 am »

Possible bug? I had a fort that never got migrants after the first two wavess or dwarf caravans. Checked and my civ had 10000+ alive, although they were small on the embark screen for sites. After three years of nothing I tried force migrants player and nothing. Did force caravan player and a goblin caravan was sent.  Very weird. Also force diplomat didn't do anything.  Might just be a buggy world since kobolds are the top species, but I found the goblin caravan showing up quite odd.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1808 on: February 14, 2014, 04:42:38 am »

Maybe the goblins ruled the dwarves.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1809 on: February 14, 2014, 05:45:58 am »

Not sure if it's a bug or not with Warlocks being added in 4H.  The elves traded with my dwarves and brought both and animated adamantine spear with them, and animated Dreadnought Hammers.  Not sure if they should have access to such things.
I think that can be fixed. Elves have "use any pet race" though, so they might always end up with weird pets in the end. Whatever they can find and tame in worldgen...

Try removing both [PET] and [PET_EXOTIC] from the files.  They should still be considered pets when you spawn them.  You won't be able to buy them on embark or from caravans, but I don't really think they should.
By the way, have you considered using construct-creature for the animated weapons?  That would allow you to create them from any material.  The only thing that doesn't work right is transferring the material to the itemcorpse, but I'm working on that.

EDIT: And now itemcorpses work.

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 14, 2014, 07:09:47 am »

Possible bug? I had a fort that never got migrants after the first two wavess or dwarf caravans. Checked and my civ had 10000+ alive, although they were small on the embark screen for sites. After three years of nothing I tried force migrants player and nothing. Did force caravan player and a goblin caravan was sent.  Very weird. Also force diplomat didn't do anything.  Might just be a buggy world since kobolds are the top species, but I found the goblin caravan showing up quite odd.

I have a possible scenario solution, check buildings on your map (believe the command is simply a CAPS R) and see if there a masterwork adamantine weapon listed there, this is something I believe have seen occur in a recent succession fortress here on this site http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135009.0 and experienced in my own embarks, if there is a masterwork upright adamantine weapon, then there is most likely the very pleasant notion of thousands of undead being below you taking up a potential max unit cap.

(If I'm incorrect I do apologize, It is simply my running theory)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 14, 2014, 07:20:28 am »

Possible corroboration in the ☼Cathedral☼ succession game: there is an adamantine sword, there are thousands of undead, no migrant waves and an unsuccessful attempt at the Embassy to bring some. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 14, 2014, 08:33:19 am »

Will slade be returned in the next update or is it still mine-only? (for turrets and such).  Possibly in the patch?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1813 on: February 14, 2014, 08:49:07 am »

Possible corroboration in the ☼Cathedral☼ succession game: there is an adamantine sword, there are thousands of undead, no migrant waves and an unsuccessful attempt at the Embassy to bring some.

Wouldn't this also be a vanilla DF issue?  I've never read about it in the bugs.

If my understanding is correct, you stop getting migrants once your unit list reaches 3000.  If this is indeed the cause...that's a lot of zombies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1814 on: February 14, 2014, 08:59:36 am »

Its a vanilla bug. And curious underground structures have a few thousand units in MDF. Since the beginning, I could never figure out why.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 142