Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190451 times)

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1785 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:14 am »

I got a dwarven caravan to trade with: They arrived, telling me "My apologies, but we're still unloading. We'll be ready soon!" till early winter only to go away without a trade. Then they are packing everything they "tried" to unpack.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:56 am »

Can someone tell me an idiotproof way to get scroll on mousewheel back? So which file do I have to change for that?

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 06, 2014, 12:04:00 pm »

I got a dwarven caravan to trade with: They arrived, telling me "My apologies, but we're still unloading. We'll be ready soon!" till early winter only to go away without a trade. Then they are packing everything they "tried" to unpack.
Do you have, by any chance a VERY long way for the wagons to get to your Depot?

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

Mahrgell;
 While playing the game, press [Esc] to go to the options menu. Arrow down and press [Enter] to select 'Key Bindings' option and then arrow down and press [Enter] for the 'General' option.

Arrow down to the 'Zoom In' option, then arrow right and press [Enter] on 'Add Binding'. Use the mouse wheel to add the binding and press [Enter]. Repeat for 'Zoom Out'.

When finished, press [Esc], arrow down to the 'Save and exit' option, and press [Enter].

I had to figure this out last night but I discovered a whole list of options on the plus side.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 06, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

Mahrgell;
 While playing the game, press [Esc] to go to the options menu. Arrow down and press [Enter] to select 'Key Bindings' option and then arrow down and press [Enter] for the 'General' option.

Arrow down to the 'Zoom In' option, then arrow right and press [Enter] on 'Add Binding'. Use the mouse wheel to add the binding and press [Enter]. Repeat for 'Zoom Out'.

When finished, press [Esc], arrow down to the 'Save and exit' option, and press [Enter].

I had to figure this out last night but I discovered a whole list of options on the plus side.
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS, you are awesome ^^

(but i should learn for my exams and not play DF... it is all your fault... Meph did his best to get me learning...)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »

Can someone tell me an idiotproof way to get scroll on mousewheel back? So which file do I have to change for that?

What do you mean by "back"? I was able to bind my mousewheel to various commands just fine through the keybindings menu in DF. It came up as Mouse Button 4 (for mousewheel up) and Mouse Button 5 (for mousewheel down), but this may be different depending on your mouse/drivers/configuration etc. Left and right clicks are non-responsive when the game prompts for the key/command but I presume that is entirely by design (just as you can't bind/rebind escape because that would break things).

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 06, 2014, 05:54:10 pm »

No, the Depot is on the surface in the lower left of a 3x3 embark and every side of the embark is open for traders. Every other caravan seems fine before and after, only the dwarven one takes this much time.
Counted the tiles to the place where the caravan spawned: 47 tiles from spawning point to depot, no obstacles.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »

Minor bug: unlike other seeds, bloated tuber seeds cost only 1 at embark instead of 2 (but the plants cost as much as everything else)
Just checked... Uh, there is no logic behind seed costs at all...
I think the ratio of seed value : plant value should always be the same.

Muggs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:36 am »

First off: Brilliant mod Meph, very appreciated the work you have put in.

I am on my 3rd Masterwork fort now, and I have run into the guild joining problem some others have reported. My first fort to do so.

Appropriate dorf grabs some gold, runs to the guildhall, I get the msg a dorf has joined a guild and there is a puff of smoke but that's the end of it - they run off to do whatever and gold is consumed. No waiting around for a week like normal. On one occasion, a dorf ran about 18 squares away from the guildhall then suddenly got the transformation, as if it was delayed. On all other occasions the transformation took place immediately, or not at all, even waiting and trying again with the same dwarf a week or a month later.

This is not happening to all my dwarves though. 3 of my 5 miners joined ok and on the first attempt, the other 2 do not as described above and continue to be stubborn. Unfortunately my best armour smith and weapon smith do not join the smiths guild. The one and only beast warden to try to get his guild robe on, joined no problem. 2 farmers out of 5 also do not join the guild. I have only tried one military transformation so far and that worked fine (legion). DT shows the dorfs that still do not join a guild properly are still "Dwarf" caste.

I don't think there is anything special going on in my fort that might be relevant. Things are ticking over normally otherwise.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 07, 2014, 03:04:24 pm »

No, the Depot is on the surface in the lower left of a 3x3 embark and every side of the embark is open for traders. Every other caravan seems fine before and after, only the dwarven one takes this much time.
Counted the tiles to the place where the caravan spawned: 47 tiles from spawning point to depot, no obstacles.
I've had that issue as well.  I first tried multiple Trade Depots, but that didn't work. I had noticed that everything seemed to go better when I walled in my Depot so that there was only one 3 wide opening to get to it. I'm not talking about walling in a path from the edge to the Depot, just put a 6x6 wall around it with an opening
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 07, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »

All my adamantine armor has disappeared. I tried to make it into plate, but now I have no adamantine plate and no regular adamantine armor. I don't know what happened to it, but hundreds of bars of adamantine have been wasted.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 08, 2014, 02:01:46 am »

Not sure if it's a bug or not with Warlocks being added in 4H.  The elves traded with my dwarves and brought both and animated adamantine spear with them, and animated Dreadnought Hammers.  Not sure if they should have access to such things.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 08, 2014, 02:57:58 pm »

Why are there two friendly deity 'others' in my fortress? Maybe instead of friendly deities game was supposed to spawn megabeasts? :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 08, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »

Why are there two friendly deity 'others' in my fortress? Maybe instead of friendly deities game was supposed to spawn megabeasts? :o

Nope. Those are from friendly civs. Demons can take over as leaders. Megabeasts are megabeasts. The game will never spawn anything that isn't a megabeast on accident when it means to spawn a megabeast. Titans are megabeasts, btw.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1799 on: February 08, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »

Not sure if it's a bug or not with Warlocks being added in 4H.  The elves traded with my dwarves and brought both and animated adamantine spear with them, and animated Dreadnought Hammers.  Not sure if they should have access to such things.
I think that can be fixed. Elves have "use any pet race" though, so they might always end up with weird pets in the end. Whatever they can find and tame in worldgen...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 142