Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190428 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1755 on: January 26, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »

I remember seeing these large clusters including small clusters, but it was pretty rare. I mostly kept it, because I can only make it give either boulders or blood puddles. But seeing this feedback: I will change it to always drop boulders, delete the small clusters, and change the reaction for them to give less meat.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 26, 2014, 06:44:44 pm »

This may be a bit cheat-y.

I have my armorsmith repeat making copper breastplates. The breastplates are taken to a stockpile which gives to a Temple of Armok.  The Temple of Armok has sacrifice armor on repeat. Most of the time, I get nothing, which is expected. However, if a Bloody Armor of Armok is created, it immediately gets sacrificed, also mostly returning nothing.

Is this an unavoidable problem? I guess an item already in the workshop counts as available, ignoring Take From Stockpile settings.

(I was so excited to see 4-5 copper breastplates produce one +Bloody Armor of Armok+ only to watch the bloody armor disappear.)

Yeah.  Queue up only one breastplate reaction and hit Alt-a on it.  Change the material of the breastplate to copper (armor of armok gained through sacrifice has a metal of "bloody" I think) and set that to repeat.

Alternatively - make a stockpile that only accepts copper breastplates and feed that into the temple.

Meph: what are the metal stats of "bloody" anyways?

The copper armor came from a stockpile taking copper only.

I'll try the materials restriction. Thanks

Edit: Limiting to copper leaves me with 4 bloody armors after a while. Awesome. Thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:07:22 pm by There Is No Vic »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1757 on: January 26, 2014, 06:46:28 pm »

I would have to look it up, but I think "bloody" gear of armok is somewhat superior to steel platearmor.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1758 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:53 pm »

I remember seeing these large clusters including small clusters, but it was pretty rare. I mostly kept it, because I can only make it give either boulders or blood puddles. But seeing this feedback: I will change it to always drop boulders, delete the small clusters, and change the reaction for them to give less meat.
well i wonder if they're still not there, but since you've set the yield to 150% i think maybe it's breaking something. i searched the raws and there isn't another instance of small clusters ever having a yield over 100%.

just a guess, i didn't have time to find a better way to test that theory other than duplicating a world with different frequencies and attempting to find living stone to dig out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1759 on: January 26, 2014, 07:04:18 pm »

Easiest to reveal the map, have a large cluster, and do digv. It will only mark the large cluster, and leave the small ones (different inorganic ID) stand out.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:29 am »

Just quick bug report on a minor typo:
smelting a batch of galena in the magma blast furnace gives the message "A batch of aluminum bars has been created in the blast furnace".

nilbai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:01 pm »

edit:forget it, the bug i found is a know bug with burrows
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:32:50 pm by nilbai »

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 28, 2014, 09:18:26 am »

Well, its time to get yelled at again I guess...

Yet again I encountered the bug with dwarfs joining guilds, my Farmer took the 500 gold coins, went to the guildhall, ran the reaction.
There was the usual announcement "A dwarf has joined a guild." and thats all, and there was no transformation. I trippled checked all the combat logs, nothing there (only some mastiffs having fun with gnolls and the expedition leader running away like a girl from a grey langur).

Since Ive been watching all my guild transformations like a hawk since the first instance of this bug i noticed that just after running the reaction, the dwarf went to sleep right away. Now still a week later Im 500 gold poorer and the dwarf resumed his labors normaly.

Game version: 4g - SWP BETA
Tileset: Phoebus

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1763 on: January 28, 2014, 09:55:27 am »

Yet again I encountered the bug with dwarfs joining guilds, my Farmer took the 500 gold coins, went to the guildhall, ran the reaction.
There was the usual announcement "A dwarf has joined a guild." and thats all, and there was no transformation. I trippled checked all the combat logs, nothing there (only some mastiffs having fun with gnolls and the expedition leader running away like a girl from a grey langur).

Since Ive been watching all my guild transformations like a hawk since the first instance of this bug i noticed that just after running the reaction, the dwarf went to sleep right away. Now still a week later Im 500 gold poorer and the dwarf resumed his labors normaly.

i had something similar happen with the monastery. the dwarf went there, started 'praying for three months', nothing happened and he carried on as usual. i queued up the job again, and the second time it worked as expected.

i've also noticed the the transformations sometimes happen after a delay, so the dwarf who started the job, ends up being somewhere else in the fortress when the transformation hits, resulting in a stationary dwarf 'praying' or whatever in the middle of a hallway, or stairwell. i also watched a dwarf mine out a 'breath of armok' gem, and didn't get the speed boost.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:58:09 am by splinterz »

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 28, 2014, 10:12:30 am »

Yeah, I know about the delay, thats why I waited for over a week, thinking it might still kickin after a while. It didnt.

Edit: Ran the reaction again, worked normaly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:23:53 am by mikael grey »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

i had something similar happen with the monastery. the dwarf went there, started 'praying for three months', nothing happened and he carried on as usual. i queued up the job again, and the second time it worked as expected.

Strange that it worked, because the priest conversion is a known bug in the 4g release. It was a simple typo error that Meph posted the fix too and is included in the Studded With Patches release, but if you're not running that or haven't applied the fix yourself it shouldn't have worked at all.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1766 on: January 29, 2014, 12:55:29 am »

Strange that it worked, because the priest conversion is a known bug in the 4g release. It was a simple typo error that Meph posted the fix too and is included in the Studded With Patches release, but if you're not running that or haven't applied the fix yourself it shouldn't have worked at all.
I was the one that applied the fix to SWP so, yes I had the fixes applied  :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1767 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:25 am »

Secret fun dwarves like bloodbeasts or cultmasters wouldnt transform, but they should leave a message in the combat log about it. "doesnt want to join a guild", something like that.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 29, 2014, 09:19:08 am »

Well, he isnt a secret dwarf that doesnt want to join a guild. He is one of my starting 7, and therapist says he is just a Dwarf in the caste sorting tab. He just failed to transform.

It isnt a massive bug, gamebreaking bug, but it sadly happens, and I feel it is my duty to report it! My guess is that the fact that he went to sleep near instantly somehow broke the transformation trigger, or is that impossible?

On a fun note, I had transformed dwarfs (when they are a guild apprentice) go to his bed and make an announcement "Urist cancels rest: Dangerous Terrain" or something like that. Not a big bug, but kind of amusing.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 30, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »

i did a few searches but came out empty on this, has anyone else noticed an endless loop with the sawmill? my lumberjack continuously grabs the same smooth wood log to "cut rough treetrunk" he continously grabs the same log and performs the action
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 142