Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190390 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1710 on: January 14, 2014, 11:34:55 am »

I'm still having a problem with Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe crashing without launching in the 4G release. 4C still works just fine but 4F doesn't. Windows 7 reports the problem event name as CLR20r3 with an invalid operation exception being unhandled.
Vabacolis fixed the problem he had with this, and posted it somewhere here. It was a missing font, if I am not mistaken.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 14, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »

I found the posting. Thanks for the reply. Works fine now.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »

For everyone who wanted 1/2 as zoom in/out gone, it now gone in SWP. You can still use the mouse wheel to zoom, as always.

For those who want it right now, remove the lines marked with with minus signs below from your data/init/interface.txt file, or apply the following as a patch, if you're a unix hacker. ;)

Code: [Select]
--- a/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
+++ b/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
@@ -30,10 +30,8 @@
 [BIND:MOVIES:REPEAT_NOT]
 [KEY:;]
 [BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:1]
 [BUTTON:0:5]
 [BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:2]
 [BUTTON:0:4]
 [BIND:ZOOM_TOGGLE:REPEAT_NOT]
 [SYM:2:F10]

~ T
Can't you just get rid of the keybinding?

I for one don't want it gone as I play on my laptop at school at times with no mouse.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:22:41 pm by thistleknot »

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 15, 2014, 09:20:13 am »

Cant make tar from wood, both normal and smoothed. The reaction is red no matter what I do, even put the stockpile right next to the kiln and set it to Give. No effect.

Tileset: Ironhand
Version: 4g + SWP

If I may suggest something, I think dieseases are awesome idea, and I had alot of fun with them... until a caravan came. A 30+ dwarf fort got infected with 2 diffrent dieseses from two diffrent merchants, before I noticed they were even sick, most of my fortress was puking all over the place and feverish. On top of that one of the merchants (or the liason, hard to tell with the chaos that errupted) was schizofrenic, which in turn lead to his swift demise. Which in turn triggered a loyalty casacade. So now I have a plague fort full of loyalist/separatist dwarfs which is quickly escalating into a tantrum spiral and no real way to recover except unleashing RED HOT LIQUID !!FUN!! upon everything and hoping someone survies until migrants come. Dieseases should add to FUN, not be fort breaking -_-

tl;dr

A dieased caravan destroyed my fort from within under a week game time. This needs to stop -_-

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1714 on: January 15, 2014, 05:36:25 pm »

the included ironhand tileset is outdated (no minecarts, wheelbarrows, bugs) and other tiles seem off (some plants and i think golems are missing?)

i'd recommend not using it at all in it's current state.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:11:31 pm by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1715 on: January 15, 2014, 06:17:08 pm »

When you say golems and plants missing: Do you mean the actual tiles on the tileset? I am not sure how much I can do about it, without changing it too much. If I add a golem tile, I have to relace an old ironhand tile for it. same with the illumination (brazier, candelabra, fireplace). I simply cant find the space in Ironhand/Obsidian soul to add them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 15, 2014, 08:40:13 pm »

Cant make tar from wood, both normal and smoothed. The reaction is red no matter what I do, even put the stockpile right next to the kiln and set it to Give. No effect.

Tileset: Ironhand
Version: 4g + SWP

If I may suggest something, I think dieseases are awesome idea, and I had alot of fun with them... until a caravan came. A 30+ dwarf fort got infected with 2 diffrent dieseses from two diffrent merchants, before I noticed they were even sick, most of my fortress was puking all over the place and feverish. On top of that one of the merchants (or the liason, hard to tell with the chaos that errupted) was schizofrenic, which in turn lead to his swift demise. Which in turn triggered a loyalty casacade. So now I have a plague fort full of loyalist/separatist dwarfs which is quickly escalating into a tantrum spiral and no real way to recover except unleashing RED HOT LIQUID !!FUN!! upon everything and hoping someone survies until migrants come. Dieseases should add to FUN, not be fort breaking -_-

tl;dr

A dieased caravan destroyed my fort from within under a week game time. This needs to stop -_-

you need to check every migrant wave with dwarf therapist and ensure no one is purple, if they are, see if they have a plague!  If they have a plague, put them in a militia, then cut them off/wall them out.  you have about 5-10 minutes before your entire fort is infected.   The rate is A LOT slower than it used to be

Update:

I just realized you said caravan...

this is a perfect use case scenario for why dwarf therapist should have non citizens listed as well.

However, showunitsyndromes may show you the caravan members who are infected.

If not, then you just have to keep an eye on dwarfs that have plagues...

I agree, diseases are awesome, but things need to be done to make them easier.  In the everything diseases thread, I'd recommend making bulleted suggestions, if enough people get together on collaboration on what it would need to fix it, then maybe we can address them on a point by point basis.  That's what I did originally when I started to work on them.  However, one of the main issues is the game isn't really setup to identify diseases (outside of dwarf therapist, there's no real easy way to flag them).  And when they are sick, it's not the same as a treatable CMD wound... the doctor's can't do anything but they'll spam the doctors for help with their symptoms...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:45:02 pm by thistleknot »

Narcissusg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:22 am »

I'm not sure if I'm simply doing something wrong or what, but I seem completely unable to turn off diseases (and various other settings).

Win 7
Asus g74s gaming laptop
Ironhand tileset
I've tried the v4g, v4f, and the latest version of mwdf.

I cheat with Dfhack and cheat engine. I embark with 15 dwarfs and around 300 animals. I always have diseases and warpstone even though I have changed the settings numerous times in numerous combinations.

Before I can clear two levels, I have had several cases of rabies and at least one of my dwarfs starts to show signs of sickness. If I clear lower levels (I like to mine whole levels and then build it to preference), then my dwarfs drop like crazy due to warpstone or coal dust.

I've spent the majority of the last week doing nothing beyond trying different settings, looking through files (but I'm a computer noob and have no idea what to look for), deleting and reinstalling, and spending massive time attempting new embarks in the hopes that I stumbled upon it... all to no avail.

Since I don't see anyone else complaining, I can only assume that the problem is me... but I've finally given up and I've come here looking for help!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1718 on: January 16, 2014, 03:12:29 am »

When you say golems and plants missing: Do you mean the actual tiles on the tileset? I am not sure how much I can do about it, without changing it too much. If I add a golem tile, I have to relace an old ironhand tile for it. same with the illumination (brazier, candelabra, fireplace). I simply cant find the space in Ironhand/Obsidian soul to add them.
i was mistaken about the illumination tiles, they are there. i had some shrubs showing as tools, and i think gems are showing as fish... i'm slowly making my way through the wrong tiles as i find them.

i'm not sure i understand the problem with the other missing tiles, like the golem for example. it appears that in the 'masterwork' tilesets, you've replaced one of the stone/earth texture tiles with the golem, why doesn't this work for other tilesets?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1719 on: January 16, 2014, 06:42:28 am »

I replaced several tiles, 6-7 at least, with new things, like the Golem, or Gnome, or the illuminations. I then moved whatever it was before (plants, inorganics, grass), to other tiles. If I do this to Ironhand/Phoebus/Obsidian Soul I will change their look. It could still look better of course, when it comes to buildings, but I would have to rewrite the raws to fit the new tiles, and redo the tileset to allow the masterwork tiles.

Currently all original content in the non-default tilesets looks exactly like it does in the normal Phoebus, Ironhand and Obsidian Soul. But the mod content looks weird, because its missing.

If I add the new stuff, the mod content will look better, but the original content will be changed, because I have less textures for inorganics, grasses and plants to use.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1720 on: January 16, 2014, 06:59:36 am »

ok so maybe i'm not understanding something fundamental here, but isn't it possible to use the same tile mapping (ie. fish is in the same place, gem is in the same place, etc.) for every tileset, and just rearrange them if necessary rather than having different sets of raws for every tileset?

i mean, if these tilesets are as badly mapped/broken as i'm seeing with ironhand, i've got to wonder why they're even there in the first place.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1721 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:38 am »

Let me make an example:

MDF, Phoebus and Ironhand use a tile for Fireplace.
Obsidian Soul uses the same tile for a plant.

MDF, Phoebus and Ironhand use a tile for for Brazier.
Obsidian Soul uses the same tile for a plant.

This means Obsidian Soul has 2 unique plant tiles that dont exist in the other tilesets. But it lacks the illumination. If I change these tiles to illumination, I can build braziers and fireplaces that look correct. But I would have to change the plants to use other tiles. These other plants would be Obsidian Soul plant tiles already used on other plants, which means that people that are used to the tileset will say: Why does plant A & B look like plant X & Y? Thats wrong, they should look like A & B. The problem is that A & B are now a brazier and a fireplace.

I can add the masterwork specific tiles for decoration, but I would have to change the overall look of the tilesets a bit. I already did it with Ironhand and Phoebus, they actually do have the illumination tiles. But I havent added everything, like books, signs, crossed swords, golems and skeletons.

I got so many free tiles in the MDF tileset because I use inverted letters for vermin. Did you take a look at the inverted default tileset? Half of the letters turn into animals. I cant do that to other tilesets, because they use different letters/background shading.

Stupid question: did you gen a new world when you tried the ironhand tileset? Because this: "shrubs showing as tools, and i think gems are showing as fish" shouldnt happen. It does sound like you are using the tileset with a wrong set of raws...

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1722 on: January 16, 2014, 09:09:24 am »

yeah the tileset is correct, i set the options and generated a new world, so everything was fresh. the tiles i ended up changing for the plants was for [TILE:'"']. in masterwork, it maps to a shrub, but in ironhand it maps to tools. the fish/gem issue was on a building, which understandably don't have separate raw files for the graphics.

i realize there has to be some manipulation of the original tilesets to incorporate all the new tiles you need for masterwork. personally, i'd rather sacrifice plant/tree/shrub/stone variety for more accurate tiles. in your example, i'd much prefer to have a fireplace/brazier and two less plant varieties, if it meant that tiles were recognizable for what they are.

it seemed to me the most logical thing would be to organize the tilesets in a standard order, add in the masterwork custom tiles, and then keep as much of the original tileset as possible. but hey, i admittedly don't really know how complex the tileset stuff is, i just thought i'd throw it out there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:33:14 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1723 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:57 am »

Different building files for tilesets can be done. Its just a lot of work, redesigning all workshops a few times. Its probably mostly checking them if anything looks odd, then replacing 1-2 tiles.

Its not too much work to change the tilesets to incorporate the more masterworky stuff. But I have to check, I dont know how many tiles I have to move around. I did a bit on Phoebus/Ironhand, but at some point obsidian soul was added, and I havent changed it at all so far. It wasnt very high on the list, as it was pure graphical issues, nothing that influences gameplay. But it can be done.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1724 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:53 am »

i don't know if it would work as i imagine, but having the tile locations match across tilesets would mean you would have less custom raw files for the graphics packs wouldn't it?

from my brief comparison with masterwork, phoebus and ironhand, it looks like most of the tiles are there, just in different places. so i'm not sure how many would be lost from the original tileset after adding in your special masterwork tiles... the loss would probably be minimized further by prioritizing the replacement for your masterwork tiles to unused and/or variety tiles (stone,plants).
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 142