Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190384 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1695 on: January 08, 2014, 06:56:11 am »

I would actually have to check if any toggle them for other civs or not. I dont know for sure, but I never did anything exclusive for orcs or kobolds in the GUI.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1696 on: January 08, 2014, 09:42:54 am »

I would actually have to check if any toggle them for other civs or not. I dont know for sure, but I never did anything exclusive for orcs or kobolds in the GUI.
only the options for gem shapes, diplomats and caravan bodyguards affect multiple entity files

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

For everyone who wanted 1/2 as zoom in/out gone, it now gone in SWP. You can still use the mouse wheel to zoom, as always.

For those who want it right now, remove the lines marked with with minus signs below from your data/init/interface.txt file, or apply the following as a patch, if you're a unix hacker. ;)

Code: [Select]
--- a/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
+++ b/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
@@ -30,10 +30,8 @@
 [BIND:MOVIES:REPEAT_NOT]
 [KEY:;]
 [BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:1]
 [BUTTON:0:5]
 [BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:2]
 [BUTTON:0:4]
 [BIND:ZOOM_TOGGLE:REPEAT_NOT]
 [SYM:2:F10]

~ T

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:41 pm »

For everyone who wanted 1/2 as zoom in/out gone, it now gone in SWP. You can still use the mouse wheel to zoom, as always.

For those who want it right now, remove the lines marked with with minus signs below from your data/init/interface.txt file, or apply the following as a patch, if you're a unix hacker. ;)

--- a/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
+++ b/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/interface.txt   
@@ -30,10 +30,8 @@
 [BIND:MOVIES:REPEAT_NOT]
 [KEY:;]
 [BIND:ZOOM_IN:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:1]
 [BUTTON:0:5]
 [BIND:ZOOM_OUT:REPEAT_SLOW]
-[SYM:0:2]
 [BUTTON:0:4]
 [BIND:ZOOM_TOGGLE:REPEAT_NOT]
 [SYM:2:F10]

~ T
Can't you just get rid of the keybinding?

Anyway, I already said this in Gameplay Questions, I think, but I'm unable to use the extremely cool automaterial dfhack plugin. It's probably not actually any sort of bug, just something stupid I did somehow, but would anyone mind confirming that this plugin works in V.4g? Is there some limitation to using it I'm somehow not aware of?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 12, 2014, 12:49:16 am »

Three presumable bugs I've encountered.

~ town Portal research after step 1 of the research, seems to move the step 2-5 process to any available researcher's study rather than the school of magic. this had me very confused for a while. :P

~ There's no (unless I'm overlooking something?) way to create slade, which is needed for slade turrets creation. I've got crucibles, great forges, metallurgists, volcanic forge, everything I can think of with no luck bar digging it out of hell itself (which seems a tad nuts for a so-so turret! :P)

~ Bullet turret creation calls for 'METAL metal bar'. It makes bullet turrets uncraftable.

Not quite related, but something I've noticed:

~ The stockpile (menu) seems to count every sickle BLOCK (bricks) that has been used on a construction as if it was an item in stock pile when in truth, it's making up the fort. When you have 40,000+ bricks - that's a bad thing as I know items do intefere with FPS. Any insight? I can provide a picture to clarify it further.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 12, 2014, 01:01:22 am »

~ The stockpile (menu) seems to count every sickle BLOCK (bricks) that has been used on a construction as if it was an item in stock pile when in truth, it's making up the fort. When you have 40,000+ bricks - that's a bad thing as I know items do intefere with FPS. Any insight? I can provide a picture to clarify it further.
that is normal vanilla behaviour

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 12, 2014, 01:19:56 am »

The stocks menu doesn't count everything in stockpiles, it counts everything on the map (I believe it specifically looks for everything in the items.other.IN_PLAY vector).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1702 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:58 am »

~ town Portal research after step 1 of the research, seems to move the step 2-5 process to any available researcher's study rather than the school of magic. this had me very confused for a while. :P

~ There's no (unless I'm overlooking something?) way to create slade, which is needed for slade turrets creation. I've got crucibles, great forges, metallurgists, volcanic forge, everything I can think of with no luck bar digging it out of hell itself (which seems a tad nuts for a so-so turret! :P)

~ Bullet turret creation calls for 'METAL metal bar'. It makes bullet turrets uncraftable.

Metal metal bar should accept any bar made of any metal.  :-\

Slade is currently indeed only in the hell/structures, but its mineable. I should probably chance the slade and bullet turrets a bit.

Townportal is completely researched in the school of wizardry. Nowhere else.

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_TWO] //64% chance
[NAME:Continue teleportation research (II)]
[glow=red,2,300][BUILDING:MAGES_GUILD:CUSTOM_NONE][/glow]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_ONE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]

[SKILL:ALCHEMY][AUTOMATIC]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_THREE] 51.2% chance
[NAME:Continue teleportation research (III)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_THREE:INORGANIC:PAPER]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_FOUR] 40.96% chance
[NAME:Finish teleportation research (IV)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_THREE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_DISCOVERY:INORGANIC:PAPER_DISCOVERY]  => uses different mat for easier ID
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_TOWNPORTAL_DISCOVERY] => creates an ingame announcement
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 12, 2014, 01:19:30 pm »

Metal metal bar should accept any bar made of any metal.  :-\

Slade is currently indeed only in the hell/structures, but its mineable. I should probably chance the slade and bullet turrets a bit.

Townportal is completely researched in the school of wizardry. Nowhere else.

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_TWO] //64% chance
[NAME:Continue teleportation research (II)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_ONE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:90:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_THREE] 51.2% chance
[NAME:Continue teleportation research (III)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_TWO:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_THREE:INORGANIC:PAPER]

[REACTION:RESEARCH_LABORATORY_TOWNPORTAL_STEP_FOUR] 40.96% chance
[NAME:Finish teleportation research (IV)]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_THREE:INORGANIC:PAPER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_TOWNPORTAL_DISCOVERY:INORGANIC:PAPER_DISCOVERY]  => uses different mat for easier ID
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_TOWNPORTAL_DISCOVERY] => creates an ingame announcement

Yep. Bullet turrets refuse to build. I confirmed i have every reagent (can build other turrets just fine, bar slade, warpstone, and bullet - warpstone as I lack the material atm). So it has to be the metal-metal tag, only thing I can see being the issue. No burrows, nothing on my map either to keep that ruled out.

EDIT: I did a total reboot of all programs for DF, came back, and now it magically is working for bullet turrets... no changes, within seconds of it not working before the save and reload. *boggles*

As for the 'block count in stockpile' I've seen it work like that in vanilla too, but meant more so to ask if it's a fps drain or nothing to worry about. Not normal people use 20-40k+ blocks in building their map after all. :P

Slade turret I agree. If you are going to implement my idea of sniper/cannon turrets - why not rename slade turret cannon turrets or similar? As yeah. Slade needs to stay in hell due to the imbalance it can create, so we really can't keep calling it a slade turret (imo). Damn it all though. I built my super awesome fort 'fun walk way' with slade turrets in mind.... this is gonna get interesting to make work >.>

Town portal wise, nope. They moved to the researcher's place - I saw town portal (III) in one of them after town portals vanished after step 1, and I saw one reaction complete mysteriously so I ran it again, and tried to figure out why it vanished only to witness it there. I'll try to recreate it and screenshot it. May have been a freak incident, but it occurred twice. The town portal itself built fine from the schematic after, so it's not much of an issue as dwarves seem to do the process no matter what and the output is fine. Just puzzled me there for a minute.

I'll be posting my fort to show off some... 'quirks' I've discussed in the next day or two. Been busting my ass on this to show off cheap tactics, balance issues, and such (I know I've said this prior :P) - so I can hopefully show a bunch more bugs in game so it's easier for everyone to see what I'm saying. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:48:41 pm by SabbyKat »

vary10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 12, 2014, 03:37:04 pm »

So, I've finally built a library of Mind&Body and started to teach dwarves all the listed skills. The only skill that isn't learned is researching(researcher&inventor). If the dwarf didn't have this skill, it would not appear, and if the dwarf had the skill (under proficient), it still would not develop.

vary10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 12, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

Also, these reactions seem to add 5 (or as many as written in raws) levels to the skill under 5th level. So if dwarf was *3 Adequate Archeologist, he becomes *8 Adept Archeologist. That's absolutely OK with me :D, but I thought that library is supposed to set the skill to some level if it's higher than the present one.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:57 am »

I was about to say, "What about the crucible's 'Melt Blocks (8 ) into Slade' reaction?", but upon checking I realized that is no longer present. Was it too good for blunt weapons (Rockforge ones, I guess)? Otherwise, yeah, that the turret needs to be changed, or that reaction needs to be put back in, perhaps with some greater balancing aspect.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:56:55 am by arcturusthelesser »
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1707 on: January 13, 2014, 07:46:08 am »

It was too bad. Toady changed how dwarves are affected by weight, and slade was positively useless from that point on. I forgot that the slade turrets use it as reagent. ^^

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 14, 2014, 08:14:47 am »

Err a short one... I embarked recently with bearded cavernkeet - they are supposed to give you a 3x valuable cloth/yarn every year. Nevertheless they could not be shorn after embark and neither after I waited for one year... I would have tried to butcher them but I encountered some FUN along the way.

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 14, 2014, 11:05:08 am »

I'm still having a problem with Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe crashing without launching in the 4G release. 4C still works just fine but 4F doesn't. Windows 7 reports the problem event name as CLR20r3 with an invalid operation exception being unhandled. 
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 142