Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190416 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1665 on: January 03, 2014, 03:20:39 am »

I've managed to embark with *earthkin*dwarf. Now, each square meter of embark place is in vomit of his mates. Is it normal? How can I turn off his aura?
===
UPD: Also, I tried to delete slag, ore processor, chance of violent reactions in options, but it remains even in new wornd. It also concerns turrets, landmines, golems and so on.
Is there a method to disable it completely?
The earthkin does not cause the vomit. Do you have a disease around?

The slag and ore processor should disable the fitting parts automatically. I havent tested that lately, but thats how it was. Golems, turrets and landmines are always there atm, the buttons for the golemforge and machine factory are not linked to them yet. But if you dont order/buy them from caravans, they wont show up. Its purely optional, you dont have to use them.

mahrgell: Yeah, itemsyndrome had missing item definition in it. Its fixed in the SWP release, just grab the hack/scripts/itemsyndrome.lua file and copy it. You can do that in a running fort, no problem.

SabbyKat: Temperature off means that so many things in the mod look odd, including boulders of stench, bacteria and alcohol vapor. Its not recommended to play without temp. And damn, you did not answer my PMs after that message you sent me. I still have no idea what was going on with that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 03, 2014, 03:40:09 am »

4g - SWP unified.
Masterwork (default) tileset.

Started an embark with a Vampire Mage and a Demonbound. (Should be FUN I've never seen).
   (I don't see anywhere in the Vampire Mage caste that he has any special tokens other the [BLOODSUCKER].  Isn't he supposed to not require food, drink, and sleep?

Anyway, the Vampire Mage transformed one of my changelings into a "Nothing".  Description says he's a gargoyle.
Demonbound successfully got his barghest.

Also, on Dwarf Therapist, the Throwing skill doesn't appear to be in the grids.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Legless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:20 am »

Yep. I was confused by "expedition leader is surrounded by barrier of rock, that protects him from harm". He spammed it constantly from start. And everyone began being sick and vomiting, even animals. Someone had a flu. I forgot to disable deceases. Pardon.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:44 am »

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with the guild hall. The reaction runs just fine and i get an announcement that says a dwarf has joined a guild, except the dwarf doesn't join. There is no transformation, he just walks off on his merry way. I'm using the Masterwork tile set and the most recent version.

I had a similiar bug, a dwarf (without a guild) ran the reaction, there was the annoucement but he did not transform. I tried to make him run the reaction again, but for a month he prefered to idle, instead of running it, after a month (possibly season change?) I got him to leave guild, on the next attempt he joined a guild normaly.

No other dwarfs shows any problems in joining guilds, both in the same fortress and in other, neither the mentioned dwarf when I changed his guild later.

Version is 4D
A few dwarves wont transform, but will instead show a message in the combat log like: "The dwarve refuses to join a guild and acts suspiciously" or similar things. Its quite rare though.

My bad, forgot to mention, there was no combat log, and the same dwarf transformed a month/season later to the same guild I tried previously.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 03, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

Dwarves take shell crafts to the tannery.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1670 on: January 03, 2014, 10:55:43 am »

Dwarves take shell crafts to the tannery.
So they take a shell, make a shell-craft, then tan that shell craft into a shellplate, destroying the craft?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 03, 2014, 12:44:45 pm »

So they take a shell, make a shell-craft, then tan that shell craft into a shellplate, destroying the craft?
Yup, shell dice hourglasses and such are taken to the tannery and made into shellplate.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:20 pm »

I think disabling ore processor option should unhinder metal drops from regular ores.

Simple minerals turned off, the new minerals still have aquifer tag even though aquifer was turned off. (For example, puddingstones)

Evile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 05, 2014, 08:59:11 am »

v.4g  Getting consistent crash when pressing 2. (zoom out button)

Crash happens when:

- 2 is bound to "Zoom Out"
- Font is STANDARD
- Rendermax is ON, TrueType is OFF

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1674 on: January 05, 2014, 09:03:04 am »

v.4g  Getting consistent crash when pressing 2. (zoom out button)

Crash happens when:

- 2 is bound to "Zoom Out"
- Font is STANDARD
- Rendermax is ON, TrueType is OFF
thats perfectly normal. Rendermax always crashes when you window or zoom. Warmist (the author) knows about this, but cant fix it. Its also in the release post when I added Rendermax. There is sadly nothing we can do about it. But I should probably take that zoom away from the 1 & 2 buttons.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2014, 11:53:47 am »

Buying Earthkins at the town portal spawn airkins named Earthkin.

Bought pets from the pet shop immediately die from old age.

And I made my two legendary welded wolfram war hammers dissappear by putting every rune and every poison/venom I could find on them. At least I think thats what made them disappeare, df hacks searching abilities can't seem to find them and the entire military died out long ago....so not sure where they went. Just gone after cueing up more 'coat with venom' jobs.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 05, 2014, 01:34:51 pm »

I've managed to embark with *earthkin*dwarf. Now, each square meter of embark place is in vomit of his mates. Is it normal? How can I turn off his aura?
===
UPD: Also, I tried to delete slag, ore processor, chance of violent reactions in options, but it remains even in new wornd. It also concerns turrets, landmines, golems and so on.
Is there a method to disable it completely?

The slag and ore processor should disable the fitting parts automatically. I havent tested that lately, but thats how it was. Golems, turrets and landmines are always there atm, the buttons for the golemforge and machine factory are not linked to them yet. But if you dont order/buy them from caravans, they wont show up. Its purely optional, you dont have to use them.

mahrgell: Yeah, itemsyndrome had missing item definition in it. Its fixed in the SWP release, just grab the hack/scripts/itemsyndrome.lua file and copy it. You can do that in a running fort, no problem.

SabbyKat: Temperature off means that so many things in the mod look odd, including boulders of stench, bacteria and alcohol vapor. Its not recommended to play without temp. And damn, you did not answer my PMs after that message you sent me. I still have no idea what was going on with that.

@me part

Oh I do understand temperatures make some things wonky - but I've really not seen anything very game-changing with temp's off beyond armok's breath, bacteria and such forming boulders (and prayer oddly lol) and the most dreaded one - magma doesn't melt people! (but a bit of creativity+water works far more amusingly as you watch siegers thrash and die drowning >=o). It is a valid thing to keep in mind imo. Especially when fps becomes an issue - you lack choices beyond killing temps. 12 fps vs 80+ fps is a no brainer, sadly. (the lose of bacteria, etc, means nothing as I always embark in evil biomes with nasty weather for fevers and such naturally :P).

As the pm - I didn't even get an e-mail about it and I've been away mostly for the last 2'ish weeks dealing with a family sh**storm - yay holidays! But I'll try to resolve that topic today.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 05, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

Buying Earthkins at the town portal spawn airkins named Earthkin.

Bought pets from the pet shop immediately die from old age.

And I made my two legendary welded wolfram war hammers dissappear by putting every rune and every poison/venom I could find on them. At least I think thats what made them disappeare, df hacks searching abilities can't seem to find them and the entire military died out long ago....so not sure where they went. Just gone after cueing up more 'coat with venom' jobs.

In regards the the pets the same thing happens with spawning wards of armok after sacrificing a dwarf.  I mentioned it to Meph.  He knows about the bug.  It was introduced in the new version of dfhack that makes the spawn script give animals an age older than the entire generated world.  They die of old age instantly.  Hopefully fixed soon.

I'm not sure about the war hammers.  You did mention that you queued up a ton of coat with venom jobs.  I know some dfhack has some trouble with certain jobs being queued up.  This may be one of them.  It takes longer but try doing them one coating at a time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1678 on: January 06, 2014, 12:17:31 am »

kamikazi1231/megahelmet: The earthkin/airkin got mixed up because it goes by caste number, and the new version has 4 castes more, the higher priests. I have to chance some numbers on the town portal.

The old-age bug is fixed, its a problem in the spawnunit script. Download the studded with patches release, it already includes the fixed version. the script can be used in running forts as well, no problem.

sabbykat, I got your pm. :)

No idea about missing coated weapons. I did check the raws, but the reactions all seem to have PRESERVE_REAGENT, just as they should.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 06, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »

It crashed. So, I have attempted to reproduce the bug after reload, but it never happened again.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:06:54 pm by megahelmet »
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142