Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190467 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1590 on: December 24, 2013, 11:18:38 am »

I am more than willing to try and help where I can; although I take no responsibility for newbish fails.  :P

See! I was totally right about you being amazing!  :D

If you need a hand with anything then I'm often on #Masterwork (freenode IRC), or you can also send me a direct message on here. :)

Don't worry too much about the newbish fails; nothing gets into the master branch without me reviewing it, and nothing get released into the official files without Meph having the option of reviewing it. Plus we're using git, so we can undo changes with `git revert` if we really need to. :)

Thanks again!

~ T

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 24, 2013, 01:08:23 pm »

See! I was totally right about you being amazing!  :D

Thanks!  ;)

Another issue that I have noticed is with the GUI. When editing the 'World Gen.' settings through the GUI, if you click/tab into any of the text boxes under 'Caverns & Layers' and then click into another without changing the value you get the error message below:

Code: [Select]
Failed to save option! Attempted to save an empty value!
On the other hand, if you change the value in the selected box before leaving it, it seems to work as expected; even if you happen to re-enter and leave the same text box again without changing the value.

Maybe the original values are not being properly initialized? Random guess from a programming newbie. Of course, it could always be weirdness on my end.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 25, 2013, 11:28:37 pm »

I had a weird bug today.  Dorfs had just breached the first cavern, where there were a bunch of antmen waiting.  After they slaughtered the miners and my poor untrained militia, they suddenly turned friendly.  Any ideas on why this might happen?  Theyre listed as friendly in the units menu
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 26, 2013, 09:40:17 am »

Hi all and happy late christmas...

So I wanted to start a fortress today with the new 4f today but for some reason the whole game is totally broken. I tried the official 4f download and the latest "studded" version:

- There are no trees. I embark in a woodland but there is not a single tree.
- My wagon gets instantly destructed and leaves behind "2 boozebelly rum logs"
- On choosing goods for embark everything related to food/drink is totally broken: I can choose to start with things like "strawberry none" and other strange stuff, but there are no plum helmets or any plant food for that matter. At least a dozen menu items have no description and appear only as a black line. Tree acorns and netherbark spawns cost 1p, pig tail seeds 5p.

In general everything about food and wood seems to be totally messed up...

I play with:

harder smithing, harder farming, harder mining, diseases, secret !FUN!, food variety, fear the night - all OFF. Everything else standard setting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1594 on: December 26, 2013, 11:23:56 am »

sjohne: Please go to the df directory and find your errorlog. It will state something about duplicate entries of plants or grasses. Please post it here. (And the tileset as well.)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shadow9657

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 26, 2013, 12:02:15 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with the guild hall. The reaction runs just fine and i get an announcement that says a dwarf has joined a guild, except the dwarf doesn't join. There is no transformation, he just walks off on his merry way. I'm using the Masterwork tile set and the most recent version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1596 on: December 26, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »

Shadow9657: Some dwarves refuse to join guilds. Very few, and they will make a comment about it (in their combat log, its the only place I can add custom info). Please check if thats the case.

If not, I dont know whats wrong, because the syntax is correct in the raws, I just checked.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shadow9657

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 26, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »

There is no comment in the combat logs. I've tried it with two different dwarves now and neither of them will join guilds. They won't leave the guilds that they were "born" into either. Oh well I'll probably just reinstall.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1598 on: December 26, 2013, 01:17:42 pm »

Thats odd. Moseythepirate over at his trade-forts (which are using the dfhack r4 version) is adding dwarves to guilds left and right, without a problem. And its not tileset related, so it should always work, no matter if Masterwork, Phoebus, Ironhand...

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 26, 2013, 06:01:53 pm »

I'm having trouble running version 4f. I've downloaded it from the forum link and extracted it in the same way I extracted 4c but the executable crashes every time I launch it. Only error message I'm getting is the standard windows "the program has stopped working." Any ideas?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1600 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:13 pm »

Which executable? Which OS?

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 26, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »

I changed some world gen settings for Geomagic from the launcher and now no matter what I do there are no plump helmets or coal available at embark. I increased mineral scarcity to 300 so there would be some flux in the world and increased the number of titans and megabeasts, as well as increase the layers between caverns except the first one. I tried setting everything back to default and genning a new world but still no plump helmets or coal available.

I'm running windows 7 64bit and using ironhand

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1602 on: December 26, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »

Its highly volcanic, therefore coal is rare. Plump helmets need water in the first cavern, and your home civ needs to live in an area that has plump helmets. Thats all to it.

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:21 am »

Which executable? Which OS?

I'm running windows 7 and the executable is titled "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe"

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 27, 2013, 10:15:35 am »

sjohne: Please go to the df directory and find your errorlog. It will state something about duplicate entries of plants or grasses. Please post it here. (And the tileset as well.)

I found the error log! I am such a hacker!

WARPSTONE_SOLID: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - WARPSTONE_UNSTABLE
Duplicate Object: plant DOWNY GRASS
Duplicate Object: plant BUBBLE BULBS
WARPSTONE_SOLID: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - WARPSTONE_UNSTABLE

It also says "play masterwork df 4D" in the 4f rc4 version main menu  :P
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 142