Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190465 times)

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1575 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

How I turn on windowed mode in this new version? The button for it is gone!
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1576 on: December 17, 2013, 10:59:13 am »

F11 toggles it. The button should still be there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 18, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Just a thing with the merchant stall reactions...the names for buy dynamite and buy black powder pouches are mixed up. You select black powder, you get dynamite, and vice versa. Just thought I'd point it out.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »

Just a thing with the merchant stall reactions...the names for buy dynamite and buy black powder pouches are mixed up. You select black powder, you get dynamite, and vice versa. Just thought I'd point it out.

Billy Jack just patched this in the latest versions of Studded With Patches, along with updating all the merchant reactions to return multiple stacks of 500 coins.  :)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:12 am »

You can work around the legionnaire issue by having them produce a masterwork craft.  That also makes them have history.  Dwarf Therapist is still needed to add them to squads, but they actually show up and work properly after that's done.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Alendar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 21, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »

Am I just missing something blatantly obvious, or can you not choose which dwarf to train at the military garrison? I have the coins, and have done it once. It just randomly choose to make one of my (luckily) military dwarfs a legionnaire. I want to make a specific one, but i've no idea what I need to do to select him.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 21, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »

Use Workshop Profiles (P) to limit which dwarfs can run the reaction. You need to have a manager noble assigned and working for it be available.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 23, 2013, 11:49:10 am »

There is no magma glassforge, even though the raws reference it.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 23, 2013, 11:28:15 pm »

Hello! I was bored, and seeing as how I really like Masterwork DF but don't really have any modding experience / etc to offer I decided to fix up a random page on the wiki (the stonecrafter's workshop one, to be precise).

While doing this I came across some inconsistencies and possible bugs I thought I would bring up. First post here on the forums so I hope I am putting it in the right place.

First, the keys 'b', 'd', 'h', 'r', and 'u' are each being used twice as hotkeys in the list of reactions. Trying to use these keys will queue up the first item in the list with said hotkey (for example, armor stand instead of magma-safe blocks).

Second, the manual states that the stonecrafter's workshop requires a mason to build, when it seems to be an architect; also it lists the required labors as mason or carpenter when it should be stonecrafter.

I know that keeping documentation up to date can be a pain, but I thought I would bring up the manual inconsistencies anyway; I apologize if this or the hotkey issue has been reported already. I am using version 4e by the way.

One last thing I wanted the check: are the brazier, candelabra, fireplace, mortar, smoking pipe, and weapon head / blade / hilt all Masterwork-added items? I couldn't find any 'vanilla' information on these items (and sadly, I never really played vanilla DF so I have no idea myself). Just wondering if they should link to a masterwork-specific page on the wiki as they are now, or a vanilla page like the rest of the items.

Thanks for reading and of course, much love for the mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 23, 2013, 11:52:06 pm »

Yes, all of them are Masterwork-added items. If they don't actually do anything and aren't instruments/toys, they're probably Masterwork-added.

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 24, 2013, 01:43:51 am »

Yes, all of them are Masterwork-added items. If they don't actually do anything and aren't instruments/toys, they're probably Masterwork-added.

Thanks for the info!

I was playing for a little bit earlier and noticed all the workshops I was building required architecture. Seemed a bit weird so I decided to try and look into it on my own and spent a little time looking through the raws after reading a bit of a modding guide on the wiki. I still don't really know anything or have any idea what I am doing, but I did notice something a little odd. In the building_masterwork.txt file all the buildings have what appears (at least to my untrained eye) to be a malformed [BUILD_LABOR] entry. They all appear to have something similar to the following:

[BUILD_LABOR:ARCHITECT]:MASON]  <--- Replace mason with what would appear to be the intended labor for each workshop as detailed in the manual.

Looks like all the build labors were overwritten with architect. Even have this entry under Morul's Tavern: [BUILD_LABOR:ARCHITECT]:ARCHITECT]

Some intentional wizardry I have no chance of understanding, or maybe a search-and-replace/regex gone awry? Thought I would mention it. Oh, and for the sake of thoroughness I also checked the Studded with Patches version I had laying around and it seems to have the same issue, though it is probably a bit outdated.

Well then, off to bed for me, and hopefully I didn't make myself look too stupid!   ;D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 24, 2013, 02:07:42 am »

Looks like a regex gone awry to me. There's really no syntax-based raw wizardry to be had.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 24, 2013, 04:27:41 am »

First, the keys 'b', 'd', 'h', 'r', and 'u' are each being used twice as hotkeys in the list of reactions. Trying to use these keys will queue up the first item in the list with said hotkey (for example, armor stand instead of magma-safe blocks).

Second, the manual states that the stonecrafter's workshop requires a mason to build, when it seems to be an architect; also it lists the required labors as mason or carpenter when it should be stonecrafter.

You totally rock. Your bug reports are concise and specific, and exactly the sort of thing we love!

Can I recruit you to fix bugs in Masterwork and improve the documentation? If you're already looking through the raws and docs, then fixing them isn't that much harder than reporting them, and it's really, really satisfying. Even if you don't feel comfortable editing the raws, you can certainly edit the documentation where you find it needs fixing!

There's a super-short guide to contributing to the Studded With Patches release, which recently has been used as the base for official releases. You'll need to set up git (which should be straightforward), and once you've got it installed you'll only need to know a few commands:  'git add' to add changes, 'git commit' to commit them along with a short description, and 'git push' to send them to github.

If you discover you enjoy squishing other bugs, we also have plenty more we could use a hand with.

Many, many thanks!

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1588 on: December 24, 2013, 09:39:02 am »

[BUILD_LABOR:ARCHITECT]:MASON]

This is intentional. I do the same several times with other tags as well, like Pop-Ratio or Frequency. I standardized the build labors for all workshops to architect, because it makes most sense if he makes the buildings. Architects have no other job atm, so I wanted to give them something to do. The second :MASON] is not read by the game, it is ignored because there is no [ in front of it. This means that I can keep the original labor in the raws and can easily change back to the normal labors, if community feedback is negative. But I made a poll about it, most people voted for "all architect", and I added it in. No problems here.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 24, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

This is intentional. <snip> No problems here.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

You totally rock. Your bug reports are concise and specific, and exactly the sort of thing we love!

Can I recruit you to fix bugs in Masterwork and improve the documentation? If you're already looking through the raws and docs, then fixing them isn't that much harder than reporting them, and it's really, really satisfying. Even if you don't feel comfortable editing the raws, you can certainly edit the documentation where you find it needs fixing!

I am more than willing to try and help where I can; although I take no responsibility for newbish fails.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142