Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190474 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1545 on: December 06, 2013, 01:36:00 am »

nvm.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 06, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »

Are Volcanic weapons supposed to be deflected by Wolfram armor?

I have a few soldiers using Volcanic Great Axes that get a large number of deflections when attacking armored Frost Giants.

Some of the Frost Giants also seem to get rocketed by their own arterial blood spray. Not sure if that was intended, although it is somewhat funny to watch.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1547 on: December 07, 2013, 05:31:57 am »

Yeah, Wolfram is pretty good, and the frost giant armor is very thick, because their bodysize is so large.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 09, 2013, 08:13:40 am »

Is microcline now a bug?  I haven't seen any in the last few versions, even if Prospect says it's on the map.  Lots of rubble even if 'simple stones' is off and regardless of the settings at worldgen.  It's no biggie now with all the OCD workshops, just curious.  (And if this has already been addressed in the thread, I haven't seen that either.)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure Rubble is Microcline, with Living Stone being Microcline2.

I could be totally wrong, but that's what I'm remembering from the RAWs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1550 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:59 pm »

The ''simple x'' settings are backwards in the current release. Splinterz already fixed it in his dev version. A small oversight by both of us.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RetSpline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 10, 2013, 03:48:18 am »

I just got back into DF after a few months' absence and I was super pumped to see a new version of Masterwork! However, I have noticed a pretty extreme bug that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere (I have not yet read all 104 pages of this thread, however).

The bug is 100% reproducible for me: at every screen in the game if I hit the "1" or "2" keys on the keyboard (not the numpad, thankfully) then the game freezes and I get some interesting graphical glitches. Even weirder, those effects do not show up when I use Print Screen and paste into pain, the only way I could get them to show up was to photograph my screen.

When the game freezes the only input the game accepts is hitting the "Escape" key to bring up the menu but I can't save or abandon the game from there, all input after hitting Esc doesn't work. I can alt+tab out of the game and back in and when I do the game is back at the screen I was at before I hit Esc.

I'm playing Masterwork V.4e on Windows 7 and using a customized version of a 12x12 ASCII tileset. That last part might be part of the problem; I wasn't sure how to properly add my own tileset to Masterwork so I just copied the file into MasterworkDF V.4e\MasterworkDwarfFortress\graphics\ASCII\data\art, renamed it to "Phoebus_16x16.png", deleted the original file, and selected the ASCII tileset in the Masterwork GUI screen. I'm not sure how that would cause the issue I'm having but it's the only thing I messed with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1552 on: December 10, 2013, 05:38:59 am »

RetSpline: I assume you play with Rendermax enabled, is this correct? (the 1 and 2 keys zoom in and out, which breaks the Rendermax engine). You can either remap the keys in the DF menu, or disable rendermax to stop this from happening. I should probably take away the zoom function from these keys...

RetSpline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:35 am »

Yup, unbinding the zoom keys did the trick! Thanks!

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 12, 2013, 04:41:21 am »

Ive browsed through this topic, admitedly it was a quick browse, and found the question asked but didnt see any answer to it.

Anyways, my problem is that I cant add Townportal spawned dwarfs to squads or make them nobles, they just dont show up on the list.
They show normaly on the unit list, they perform all labors without issues, except being soldiers/nobles.

Is there any way to fix this? Or the 10000 gold coin legionnaire dwarf will stay just a fancy expensive hauler/crafter?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 12, 2013, 06:48:06 am »

They need to become a historical figure first. Killing something should do it, although I don't know if it needs to be more than wildlife.

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 12, 2013, 07:09:33 am »

Hmm, killing something without being able to equip them properly with a weapon might bit a bit on the tricky side, at least it will require some creative thinking.

Anyways, thank you for the fast reply, will test it out after work and post my findings if the issues is or is not solved.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1557 on: December 12, 2013, 07:24:28 am »

I hope that future versions of the spawnunit script with dfhack r4 can automatically add a history to the creature and fix that problem. Otherwise there are no workarounds..

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 12, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

I haven't tried the Town portal yet but perhaps if you set your dwarf to do some hunting that would work if kills are enough.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 12, 2013, 07:36:41 pm »

Aren't poisons supposed to be permanent?
I made a legendary welded mithril longsword and coated it with like 10+ different poisons.
Soon, a human bandit siege happened, so i made my military commander pick up this sword and show em some tricks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stuff was flying left and right and the whole siege was defeated by a single dwarf.
But...after i've checked my sword to see the list of kills i saw that:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yup, all poisons vanished from the sword. Is that supposed to happen? Are poisons single use? If yes, i'll have to report to using poisons only on ammo from now on  :(.
I am using the latest "MF Studded with Patches" unified branch version.

P.S. I still fail to see a way to add labors to my Broodmother's offsprings via Dwarf Therapist (Is it even possible?). Adding labors ingame works ok tho.
P.S.S. Poisons were DEFINETELY on the sword when my dwarf began murdering humans because some of them had tons of different syndroms applied to them (Like paralysis).
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 142