Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190485 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1530 on: November 29, 2013, 07:33:44 am »

Meth replied and he probably mentioned the correct error. But afaik there is no solution. I started a new fortress with the download from 23.11.2013 and spacefox.
Same problem as described by lukstra.

Oh, I must have missed this earlier. Spore-tree definitions seem to be missing in everything but Masterwork, Obsidian Soul, and Phoebus tilesets.

This is now fixed in studded with patches (both unified and master downloads). I'm just copied/pasted the raws directly from the masterwork raws, so improvements on tiles and colours are appreciated. :)

Did i miss something? Do i have to start a new game?
Maybe it should have worked and i just did it the wrong way?

For adding a completely new entity, you may have to start a new game. Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough about modding to yet know when that's required and when it's not. However I'd be surprised if one could add completely new entities without issue to a running game.

~ T

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 29, 2013, 02:22:43 pm »

The errorlog is harmless. I would need more info. When does it crash, what do you do? Is it repeatable, or random? If you have a save that crashes relyably at the same time, please upload it, then I can have a look.

I do not have a save that crashes consistently.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1532 on: November 30, 2013, 05:14:49 am »

Ok. If it happens at the same time, all the time, I can try to find out why it happens. But if it happens randomly, with no clear trigger, I cant help. Sorry. All I can say it to use quicksave a lot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 30, 2013, 02:05:14 pm »

I cant seem to get the blast furnace to melt any of the weapons and armor that I have set to feed into it. The reaction currently requests "rock armor" or "rock weapons"

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 30, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »

I cant seem to get the blast furnace to melt any of the weapons and armor that I have set to feed into it. The reaction currently requests "rock armor" or "rock weapons"

Just a basic check, but if you're using custom stockpiles to feed it, have you ensured that one of those stockpiles contains fuel?

~ T

brdr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 01, 2013, 02:06:00 am »

I'm assuming it's something I've missed something or messed up since I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.

My dwarves apparently will no longer join guilds. 4e, Windows 7, masterwork tileset, and latest .net framework according to the Microsoft.

It's happened with two different worlds so far. about to try redownloading and extracting to see if somehow not everything downloaded though it shouldn't have extracted if that was the case.

I got the same problem now, anyone been able to find a solution for it?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 01, 2013, 02:34:40 am »

My dwarves apparently will no longer join guilds. 4e, Windows 7, masterwork tileset, and latest .net framework according to the Microsoft.

I've been seeing a lot of reports about this. I don't know what the cause is. I have no idea if they're ending up in some non-standard caste, if diseases are somehow blocking the interaction, or if there's something else going on entirely.

I know that ElenaRoan has reported success in guild transformations using the unified branch of Masterwork Studded With Patches, but it's using DFHack r4, and really if things are working there, they should also be working in 4e (DFHack r3).

If anyone does find a root cause, I'd really love to know, since this is a pretty big deal for most players.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:35 am »

I've been seeing a lot of reports about this. I don't know what the cause is. I have no idea if they're ending up in some non-standard caste, if diseases are somehow blocking the interaction, or if there's something else going on entirely.

After one go round with the diseases and 3 of the starting 7 affected before I even started let alone was able to find a remedy I turned them off.

My guess is it's the announcement that's showing up in the announcement list (different from the pausing transform messages, it says "a dwarf joined a guild" despite there being no transformation). I missed d altogether so I may be mistaken, just in c it wasn't there and the joining worked fine.

Oh, and according to Therapist they were still the regular Dwarf caste.

Hmm...If I deleted the line that drops the announcement boulder would that test correctly if it's that? And is it safe to modify the reaction in an existing world or does it require a new world?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:09 am »

wool hourglass?

Joho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 02, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »

Hi,

I have just "upgraded" from Vanilla DF to Masterwork, but I can't seem to be generating a world.

DF always crashes during world gen when finalizing a world, no matter what I do.

The gamelog looks fine.

The errorlog shows this:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/inorganic_stone_soil.txt"
SAND_RED:Unrecognized Inorganic Material Definition Token: UNTOUCHED
SILICEOUS_OOZE:Unrecognized Inorganic Material Definition Token: /UNTOUCHED
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt"
GOAT Color Mod Ending With (ECRU,1) Was Not Used
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: _CLAY

The game just freezes, and Windows says: "The program has stopped working correctly", and offers me to search online for a solution ;)

I am using 4e on Windows, and I (want to) play with the ASCII tileset.

If I can provide anymore info, I'd be happy to!

Cheers,
Joho

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 02, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »

I suggest that you go to the «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release thread (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.0) and get either the unified or master versions.

Both the unified and master branches have a patched settings program that may resolve your issues.  Be sure to go the Misc. Features tab and turn on all of the 'Simple' settings, as they will then configure the mod for how it was originally intended.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2013, 09:21:46 am »

I know that ElenaRoan has reported success in guild transformations using the unified branch of Masterwork Studded With Patches, but it's using DFHack r4, and really if things are working there, they should also be working in 4e (DFHack r3).

If anyone does find a root cause, I'd really love to know, since this is a pretty big deal for most players.

I'll add a data point or two - my last long-running fort, I had a mix - some dwarves could join guilds, and others couldn't.  I believe - but am not positive - that the first N dwarves I tried worked, and at some point they ceased working, but again am not sure that was the case (and in any case lost the fort soon after).  Also, for those that didn't work, I watched (at least some of) them bring coins to the Guildhall and immediately leave, and I got a message about him joining the guild, so they are at least running the reaction.

Linux, on MW 4b that was.  I'm on 4e now, but haven't gotten that far yet on current fort.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 03, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »

could the auto syndrome and announcement scripts be the problem,i haven't been able to find any problems in the raws,but i know anything about the scripts.
-i couldn't get a dwarf to join the mages guild
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

GlassAndroid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:53 am »

I turned off all playable races except dwarves and yet when I try to start a new embark I can only play as taiga orcs.

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 05, 2013, 10:04:47 am »

There are multiple discrepancies between the size/permits listed in the armor quick guide and the armor data file. For example the quick guide lists the size of a mail hood as 30 and the permit as 20. The data file on the other hand lists the size of the mail hood as 15 and the permit as 49.

I haven't checked all the armor but I know there are different values for the mail boots and mail gauntlets also.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 142