Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190478 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1515 on: November 26, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »

It's all for 4.d:

For some obscure reason i can only gen and save one world per run of dwarf fortress.
-i gen a world, may abort and redo a few times (using advanced/recommended)
-then save it, and look at it, don't like it, abort it
-try to gen another world
It will ALWAYS crash at "prehistory init"
same thing happens when playing a fort and then saving it and trying to gen a new world. It will 100% crash. Solution is to always restart DF in between, but that's rather tedious.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »

same with me and it goes back farther than 4d.  I just don't think MW has much to do with it.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:23 am »

Possible bug I've discovered, haven't yet thoroughly tested it:

I saw that Meph had discovered a way for bread/candy to detect the flour and sugar bags which had been stored in barrels, by making a barrel containing the flour/sugar bag an ingredient a requirement of the reaction.  Well done!  Although now it's a similar but opposite problem than before: you HAVE to store them in barrels and can't leave them sitting out in just their bags, but this is not the bug I'm referring to.

The bug is this: the reaction runs, my chef grabs the barrel with bags of flour in it, takes it to the kitchen, does the reaction, drops an announcement stone just as planned.  However, the product is NOT -Cave Wheat Flour Bread- or what have you, but rather just "cheese."  Said "cheese" is taken to the food stockpiles as expected.  It is a single cheese, not a stack.

This isn't even the worst of it.  The reaction, despite being correctly written in the raws after my quick review of it, does NOT use up any product.  That's right, my barrel had 20 cave wheat flour in 4 bags, 5 each, and none of it was used in the creation of this material-less "cheese."  Still had 20 cave wheat flour afterward.  What's more, when the reaction is run on repeat, it continues to not use any flour, and it even stops dropping the announcement stone that it's supposed to.  Egads!  Infinite "cheese" for all!

My suspicion is the workaround for finding bags in barrels that Meph is using here.  I've removed that requirement for bread/sugar and gone back to requiring open bags and it seems to be working fine, perhaps someone with more modding skills than me could look into it and see if they could fine-tune it?
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:55 am »

Well that explains why I haven't been making bread or candy since 3i.  I usually make stockpiles for just the flour and sugar with no barrels allowed.

Why wasn't this mentioned in the 3i release notes?

Guess I need to make sure I have enough barrels to store something that never needed storing before, just in order to use it.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 27, 2013, 06:10:42 am »

The flour being required in a barrel isn't a bug, you can either have it one way or the other for the reaction.

I personally just re-edit the RAWs to not require a barrel, since I mostly use quantum stockpiles.

As for it not using the flour when it's kept in a barrel, not sure whats up with that.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:39 am »

I'm assuming it's something I've missed something or messed up since I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.

My dwarves apparently will no longer join guilds. 4e, Windows 7, masterwork tileset, and latest .net framework according to the Microsoft.

It's happened with two different worlds so far. about to try redownloading and extracting to see if somehow not everything downloaded though it shouldn't have extracted if that was the case.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 27, 2013, 09:07:11 am »

I'm assuming it's something I've missed something or messed up since I haven't seen anyone else reporting this.

My dwarves apparently will no longer join guilds. 4e, Windows 7, masterwork tileset, and latest .net framework according to the Microsoft.

It's happened with two different worlds so far. about to try redownloading and extracting to see if somehow not everything downloaded though it shouldn't have extracted if that was the case.

This has also happened in my last two forts.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 27, 2013, 01:35:16 pm »

Third world, freshly generated with a fresh download. Still won't join a guild. They pick up the gold, go into the guildhall, get a burst of yellow smoke and an announcement saying "a dwarf has joined a guild" but no transformation occurs and they wander off still a peasant.

Kon: did it stop happening for you? If so how did you manage it?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 27, 2013, 06:08:46 pm »

The flour being required in a barrel isn't a bug, you can either have it one way or the other for the reaction.

I personally just re-edit the RAWs to not require a barrel, since I mostly use quantum stockpiles.

As for it not using the flour when it's kept in a barrel, not sure whats up with that.

Trust me, I've been fiddling with it, and I also am not certain what's causing that, I've redownloaded masterwork, looked over every single RAW pertaining to bread, and everything is exactly the same as it was back in v3 where bread making worked just fine.  Perhaps it has something to do with the currently used version of dfhack, and how the reaction drops an announcement stone, etc.?  If that's the case, I'm crap out of luck, dfhack is WAAY out of the scope of my abilities to mess with.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »

This isn't even the worst of it.  The reaction, despite being correctly written in the raws after my quick review of it, does NOT use up any product.  That's right, my barrel had 20 cave wheat flour in 4 bags, 5 each, and none of it was used in the creation of this material-less "cheese."  Still had 20 cave wheat flour afterward.  What's more, when the reaction is run on repeat, it continues to not use any flour, and it even stops dropping the announcement stone that it's supposed to.  Egads!  Infinite "cheese" for all!

Oh my! I've logged that in my issue tracker. This certainly sounds like a bug. And yes, if anyone does have a fix, I'd love to see it. (I'm run off my feet with work right now, so it may be a little while before I'm back to fixing bugs myself.)

~ T

Yama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 28, 2013, 07:04:11 am »

Masterwork v.4.e, on Windows 7 64-bit with Phoebius tileset.

In the adventure mode I am missing certain interactions that are a part of the Genesis Mod (Wanderers Friend is the main I believe)

Gather plants, Tan hide, weave thread from plants, basically everything other then chopping wood.

http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/adventure-crafting#toc5

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 28, 2013, 04:33:29 pm »

Those are reactions. Important difference!

Also, I'll check it out.

EDIT: Yep, they ain't there.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:35:43 pm by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1527 on: November 28, 2013, 04:50:27 pm »

Well... I never said anywhere that I added deons Genesis adv-reactions, or did I miss something?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Yama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 28, 2013, 05:03:08 pm »

I'm sorry if I implied something wrong, I tought you added them because the reactions in the game looked really similar to whatever google could find on them when I was trying to find out whats wrong.

I dont know how to classify these things yet, not really a regular here (yet :))

Oni77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 29, 2013, 02:59:35 am »

For some reason my woodcutter is grabbing all available plants, bringing them to the sawmill and turning them into "seeds" under the job: cut farmed spore-tree sapling. I have stopped this from happening by creating a stockpile only for saplings, but it is rather annoying, chewed through a bunch of my food supplies before I noticed and left me with ambiguous "seeds" I don't know what to do with.

Ascii tileset, version V.4d

Meth replied and he probably mentioned the correct error. But afaik there is no solution. I started a new fortress with the download from 23.11.2013 and spacefox.
Same problem as described by lukstra.

With the hint from Meth i found spore-tree missing but was not able to fix it. I added the definition (copy/paste from 4d i think) to my current game raws. Restart and hoped they would stop processing all farmed plants to spore-tree logs and unusable seeds. They did not.

Did i miss something? Do i have to start a new game?
Maybe it should have worked and i just did it the wrong way?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 142