Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190503 times)

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1500 on: November 23, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Edit: I redownloaded, and now it works fine. Leaving this post instead of deleting it in case it helps someone that search for the same problem :)

Hi Melph,
I downloaded today's version, 4e, and I'm getting the following error whenever I toggle a playable race on "Creatures & Races" tab:

"Failed to save option!
Invalid/missing tokens:
YESCIVX["

for "Playable" options

and

"Failed to save option!
Invalid/missing tokens:
YESPLAYABLEX["

for "Civilizations" options

(where X changes depending on which race, D for dwarves, O for orcs, etc)

All playable civs are turned off by default, and trying to toggle them on shows this error and leaves a yellow "warning" simbol instead of the green check symbol to represent the setting is ON.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:06:44 pm by black47 »

nubnax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 24, 2013, 05:08:52 am »

the 4e launcher doesn't work properly for me. the tabs for MDF and utilities is only black and i can't see it. but can click on it. and it crashed when i just clicked around.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1502 on: November 24, 2013, 05:40:26 am »

nubnax: Please post the OS you are using. Did you try redownloading it, maybe the file was incomplete. If the problem persists, just keep using 4d for now (the only change is the three less diseases), and maybe write splinterz a message with a few infos more. Maybe he knows whats up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nubnax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 24, 2013, 06:27:38 am »

i'm using windows7 and yes i redownloaded it 3 times now. the problem persists.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1504 on: November 24, 2013, 07:39:52 am »

i'm using windows7 and yes i redownloaded it 3 times now. the problem persists.
do you have .net framework 4.0?

nubnax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 24, 2013, 12:40:29 pm »

no apparently i haven't had it. now it works, thanks!

Mul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 25, 2013, 02:51:05 am »

concerning GUI...

scarcity: "the lower the value, the less minerals"

should be the other way round I guess

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1507 on: November 25, 2013, 03:06:25 am »

Yes. Lower Scarcity = More Minerals. I assume you are speaking about a tooltip?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

xjxxjx1017

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 25, 2013, 08:55:35 am »

I find after my dwarves became a pock-marked plaguebearer, they just kept resting in a hospital zone ( if the zone has been set ). And, I try all I can to get them out, it doesn't work. Due to the disease, which will get dwarf infected by touching, all my dwarves get sick and kept themselves in hostpital, and wait for the Nobody to feed them...  :'(
What should I do? or It's a bug and I shouldn't set a hospital zone?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1509 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:32 am »

Yes. Lower Scarcity = More Minerals. I assume you are speaking about a tooltip?
yeah it was a tooltip issue. it's fixed in the latest repositories now. thanks for the report Mul.

SkulkingDemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 25, 2013, 11:07:29 am »

Hi Guys, (Melph in particular)

I have an technical problem with the mac version of MasterWork DF.

When I download it, it is a mac file. However, the settings.exe file will not run on the mac; saying that the file can't run in DOS mode which is really just a operating system error. I did research it a bit and downloaded Wine (a program for mac that can make windows programs and files work on a mac) and it allowed the settings file to function before informing me that it could not find the DF directory. The rest of it works and is in mac form the version will even play with the awesome new font, but the game is not any different from the original DF. I have not a clue as to how other mac users got it working. I'm not a computer expert so I may just be missing something obvious. If it helps, my mac is 10.6.8 Mac OS X with Snow Leopard. Please respond, I can't wait to strike the earth again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1511 on: November 25, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »

Hi Guys, (Melph in particular)

I have an technical problem with the mac version of MasterWork DF.

When I download it, it is a mac file. However, the settings.exe file will not run on the mac; saying that the file can't run in DOS mode which is really just a operating system error. I did research it a bit and downloaded Wine (a program for mac that can make windows programs and files work on a mac) and it allowed the settings file to function before informing me that it could not find the DF directory. The rest of it works and is in mac form the version will even play with the awesome new font, but the game is not any different from the original DF. I have not a clue as to how other mac users got it working. I'm not a computer expert so I may just be missing something obvious. If it helps, my mac is 10.6.8 Mac OS X with Snow Leopard. Please respond, I can't wait to strike the earth again.
First of all: Which version re we talking about? The last official MAC port was ages ago, 2f... the win mod version is 4e... no one has got it to run on MAC yet. I myself only have a win machine, so I cant help with anything linux/mac related, maybe make a new thread and try to find a group of people that are interesting in patching together a MAC version?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 26, 2013, 12:57:40 am »

Hey Meph, apparently chert blocks count as wood planks for the purpose of burning them for coal.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 26, 2013, 07:03:46 am »

There seems to be a little bug that my hunter are getting. A hunter (the kind with a crossbow/quiver) goes on a "pickup equipment" loop on a pile of javalins on the ground.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:32 am »

My (Orc) Fortress is overrun with mutilated corpses, which my dwarves are dutifully storing in finished products stockpiles, and which are never rotting. Nor are they being butchered, despite the fact that orcs are totally fine with that sort of thing given their ethics.

A quick inspect reveals they're made of INORGANIC:BLANK_CORPSE, and they're of type ITEM_TOOL_DROW_CORPSE. BLANK_CORPSES don't rot, because apparently they're stone ([IS_STONE]).

Is it safe for me to throw a bunch of meaty tags at INORGANIC:BLANK_CORPSE, such as [ROTS], [GENERATES_MIASMA], and [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]?

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 142