Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190529 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1395 on: November 07, 2013, 07:48:57 pm »

I think I know what happened.

The mage castes have:
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:3]

Material value is seemingly on creature level, not caste level, so dwarven materials have x3, for every mage caste. There are 18 mages...

All material changes for all materials are creature level, including definitions. Materials are creature level and everything you do with them will affect the whole creature.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 07, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »

All material changes for all materials are creature level, including definitions. Materials are creature level and everything you do with them will affect the whole creature.

Does that mean that all dwarves are immune to frostbite? The material-multipliers were on water-mage entities, and set COLDDAM_POINT at the same time. I've noticed the Taiga orcs use:

Code: [Select]
[HOMEOTHERM:10000]
[FIXED_TEMP:10000]

for their frostskalds. If this works (which I assume it does), then I presume the same would work on the water-mage castes?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:00 pm »

Those are caste tokens, not material tokens. Material force multipliers are also caste tokens. COLDDAM_POINT is material, though.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:07 am »

I think something is wrong with the parquet? I get "Blocks" from the reaction and if i build something with it the building it's named "Unknown material block floor" and it needs the masonry labor what is kind of odd for me because the parquet sould be an wood item or i'm wrong? :-\

Edit: And paved road's build with the "blocks" change automatik to dirt roads. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:56:46 am by kizucha »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 08, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

When running "make rock candelabra from 2 blocks" it'll produce rock fireplace and braziers instead of the candelabra sometimes.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:44 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug for you, or DFHack specifically.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 09, 2013, 05:53:01 am »

Meph needs to update itemsyndrome.

He really, really does.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 09, 2013, 08:35:03 am »

I'll make a proper announcement about this in the next couple of days, but Meph has given the nod for me to make my bug-patching work more public. So one can get a copy of 4c with an updated itemsyndrome, plus all my own patches applied, that's available from github. It's not heavily tested (it's my development repo), but it should be good in a pinch for anyone experiencing itemsyndrome pains.

~ T

Jamuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 09, 2013, 11:24:23 am »

Did a search but might have missed it ... if that's the case please ignore^^

Babie-Golems:
If you make a golem out of a mother, all her babies will become golems too (at 0 cost)
the best part is that they still follow their mother and therefore are usefull
not that i am complaining or anything ... made a golem and got 2 babie golems for free with it  8)

finaly a use for those freeloading bastards  :D

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1404 on: November 09, 2013, 11:25:32 am »

there are some issues with the arbalest reactions:
  • regular bolts must be used with the default reaction, otherwise you must use Alt-A and specify the specific type of bolts (piercing, hammer, etc. maybe this is intended and just undocumented?)
  • once the job/reaction is queued up and active, any cancellation (no bolts, interrupted) immediately causes the dwarf to transform wherever they are
  • they can't shoot through fortifications
  • they won't attack undead
  • there's a redundant arbalesttrans announcement in the dfhack announcement.lua script that's broken (minor, just emits an error message in dfhack)

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 09, 2013, 11:28:01 am »

SYndrome can:) Make interaction to give syndrome to give [FLIER] tag.

Unfortunately, [FLIER] is one of the tags that cannot be given in syndromes, if I remember correctly. The game just throws up an error.
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 09, 2013, 04:55:41 pm »

The familiar transform spells have [IT_REQUIRES:SUPERNATURAL] and changelings do not have that tag.

hiloors

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 09, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »

I cannot get the ore processor to work. Adding all labors to dwarves does not help. Adding a process random-ore-bearing rock job to the processor does nothing, though adding the ==machine operator== thing makes someone run over and stand on it for a second before running off, not completing the jobs below. Cancelling the process jobs produces an error line in DF Hack, something like  autosyndrome line 284; couldnt find unit -1.

What am I doing wrong?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 09, 2013, 11:24:53 pm »

SYndrome can:) Make interaction to give syndrome to give [FLIER] tag.

No they can't.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 10, 2013, 07:32:44 am »

I cannot get the ore processor to work. Adding all labors to dwarves does not help. Adding a process random-ore-bearing rock job to the processor does nothing, though adding the ==machine operator== thing makes someone run over and stand on it for a second before running off, not completing the jobs below. Cancelling the process jobs produces an error line in DF Hack, something like  autosyndrome line 284; couldnt find unit -1.

What am I doing wrong?

The ore processor uses the machine operator labour. Whenever I have a dwarf (or orc) with this labour on, it has worked fine for me. Have you checked your stockpile links are set up correctly?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 142