Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190546 times)

grubert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1365 on: November 03, 2013, 04:50:32 am »

V.4c 
Stonecrafter's Shop will take "Smooth Wooden Planks" and uses them for "craft rock _" reactions (Tables, Thrones, etc).

I don't really know much about how reactions/raws work, but my stone-wood tables and chairs for my dining room are coming along confusingly nicely.

Also "Parquet Tiles" from the Woodcrafter's Shop are named "Blocks" upon creation. Which is just confusing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:53:42 am by grubert »

Oni77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »

love your "masterwork"!

got two issues thou:
masterwork 4c i think (latest at this time) - btw. a version tag in the settings interface would be nice!
1)

making bloated tuber glue at Screw Press kills your seeds. Ended up without any left before i noticed.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PRESS_BLOATED_TUBER]
[NAME:Press glue from bloated tuber]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_G]
[REAGENT:A:2:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:STRUCTURAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_GLUE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

maybe changed to:
[REACTION:PRESS_BLOATED_TUBER]
[NAME:Press glue from bloated tuber]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_G]
[REAGENT:A:2:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:STRUCTURAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_GLUE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:SEED]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

2) i got guaranteed crashes after two years if (thats the guessy part) i disable fear the night. Probably worldgen still puts FtF creatures in (i didn't change any other parameters). I can provide a save but it may be obvious for someone involved and fixed without.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1367 on: November 04, 2013, 05:26:42 am »

few issues i've noticed:

- fishing with buckets / poles at the fish pond can't be used with workflow, and/or sometimes generates an error through dfhack. the jobs also automatically pick up the create bucket/pole workflow jobs, so if you have a workflow to make fishing poles, and have 'fish with pole' on repeat, your dwarves will stop fishing as soon as the required amount of poles are created.

- eyelids don't regenerate and/or can't be sutured/healed. this is an issue for the military because it will impair their vision, but can't be healed, so you get a lot of missed attacks.

- many drink reactions aren't supported by workflow, but food seems to have the opposite problem (can't just designate x number of prepared meals)

- the manual's table for armors seems wrong/outdated. for example some mail items are designated as UNDER and others OVER. however checking the raws they all seem to be OVER. maybe modify the script that reads the weapons for armors?

- consider putting impassable tiles on magma workshops (so we know where to channel out), and include in the manual the 'work tile' for the workshops, so we don't channel out the wrong tile.

- some kind of tech tree would be very, very practical

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 04, 2013, 09:36:57 am »

For the food workflow I can give atleast a workaround...

The workflow UI doesn't want to pick up that you want any type of prepared meals. However if you use the old line in dfhack "workflow count FOOD #wanted #gap" it will work and show up on the UI as such. I avoid all forms of fishing, so I can't speak to that. I imagined you'd want the fishing workflow on the number of fish not poles. Maybe it's like shearing/milking where there isn't anything to limit the reaction on.

It's pointless to poke at the manual unless your offering to write parts of it or the wiki. He's dedicated to new stuff, fixes, etc and I'm ok with that. Just thankful for the change log :).
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 04, 2013, 10:16:55 am »

The workflow UI doesn't want to pick up that you want any type of prepared meals. However if you use the old line in dfhack "workflow count FOOD #wanted #gap" it will work and show up on the UI as such. I avoid all forms of fishing, so I can't speak to that. I imagined you'd want the fishing workflow on the number of fish not poles. Maybe it's like shearing/milking where there isn't anything to limit the reaction on.
In workflow window you can press shift+enter for enchanted view and choose prepared food for kitchen or raw fish for pond. But this is definitely frustrating.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1370 on: November 04, 2013, 10:36:18 am »

It's pointless to poke at the manual unless your offering to write parts of it or the wiki. He's dedicated to new stuff, fixes, etc and I'm ok with that. Just thankful for the change log :).
oh i disagree entirely. if you're going to commit to including a manual/wiki it should have correct information, otherwise why would you include it in the first place if it's only to be outdated after a revision or two? there's no harm in pointing these things out.

In workflow window you can press shift+enter for enchanted view and choose prepared food for kitchen or raw fish for pond. But this is definitely frustrating.
ah right, i completely forgot to try that for the prepared meals.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 04, 2013, 11:00:44 am »

few issues i've noticed:

- fishing with buckets / poles at the fish pond can't be used with workflow, and/or sometimes generates an error through dfhack. the jobs also automatically pick up the create bucket/pole workflow jobs, so if you have a workflow to make fishing poles, and have 'fish with pole' on repeat, your dwarves will stop fishing as soon as the required amount of poles are created.
True.  About the only workaround would be to remove the chance that the fishing pole/net/bucket is used up in the reaction, and thereby, not needing it as a listed product.
- eyelids don't regenerate and/or can't be sutured/healed. this is an issue for the military because it will impair their vision, but can't be healed, so you get a lot of missed attacks.
This would be a vanilla issue.
- many drink reactions aren't supported by workflow, but food seems to have the opposite problem (can't just designate x number of prepared meals)
Not true. Just needs a little more finesse.  I use two stills to create all of my booze.  I use the vanilla Brew Drink reactions. Hit Alt-A to designate the reagent to be used. Specify the material as a plant and select the plant that you want as the input. When you then set the production limits, it will allow you to specify the specific drink made from that reaction. Or you could just use Drink of any material.  I only do this once I have my stills in their final location, because it takes a few minutes to set up.

- the manual's table for armors seems wrong/outdated. for example some mail items are designated as UNDER and others OVER. however checking the raws they all seem to be OVER. maybe modify the script that reads the weapons for armors?

- consider putting impassable tiles on magma workshops (so we know where to channel out), and include in the manual the 'work tile' for the workshops, so we don't channel out the wrong tile.

- some kind of tech tree would be very, very practical
Feel free to go to the MW wiki and help update the content.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Researcher%27s_study
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Armor

The only detailed documentation for DF that I've seen is on that wiki, and if you let Toady have a pass on it, then you should do the same for Meph. Complaining about it will just mean that the included help is stripped out and redirect you to the MW Wiki and this forum.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:43 am »

food can be done in workflow
ctrl i

hit t to specify a custom job
p for specific type
search for meal
any prepared meal comes up.
a to add
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:31:54 pm by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 05, 2013, 01:05:08 am »

4c

Trying to sell my excess oil at Teduk's, and my trader is selling my barrels of blood.  Don't know if he's selling any other liquids.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:13 am »

Perhaps not a bug, but something to be aware of - any dwarf summoned by the Town Portal will have a generic name (same string as summoned type, eg, "Windkin"), and will have *no* labors enabled, not even Recover Wounded or Clean Self.

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 05, 2013, 10:02:17 am »

with disabled "cavern flavor" option no moss left. all caverns has grass only. no spores.
so mined soil have little trees and no grazing.
seems "YESSTANDARTCAVERN" is missed in launcher and not used.

masterwork 4b/4c/phoebus
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:14:23 am by tenshi99 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:01 pm »

[INORGANIC:MAGIC_FIRE_AMMO_BY_INTERACTION]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NO_STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:fireball]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_DRAGONFIRE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE]
[REACTION_CLASS:20]
-REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_EXPLODES_DRAGONFIRE- => old version. where does the "explode" come from?
[UNDIGGABLE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:25]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_SPECIFIC_MAT]
[REACTION_CLASS:DRAGONFIRE]

DRAGONFIRE isn't a material, so you don't need the DFHACK_SPECIFIC_MAT thing there at all.

EDIT: Also, people are reporting a minor bug with itemsyndrome once a week that's been fixed, so update to this version.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:13:38 pm by Putnam »

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 06, 2013, 03:36:51 am »

Sounds like a bug to me:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132916.0;topicseen

Please explain what and why happend.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 06, 2013, 10:19:45 am »

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_BLUNT]
[NAME:lucerne polehammer:lucerne polehammers]
[SIZE:1200]
[SKILL:SPEAR]
[TWO_HANDED:97500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:8]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10:200:puncture:punctures:hooked side:5000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:2000:hammer:hammers:blunt side:5000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10:3000:drill:drills:spiked tip:1200]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20000:4000:bash:bashes:shaft:1250]
The first and third attacks sound more like piercing attacks(EDGE).

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BUTTERLY_KNIVES]
[NAME:pair of butterfly knives:pairs of butterfly knives]
[SIZE:500]
[SKILL:DAGGER]
[TWO_HANDED:509500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:4]
[ATTACK:EDGE:50:3000:stab:stabs:left knife:1100]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5000:1200:slash:slashes:left blade:1100]
[ATTACK:EDGE:50:3000:stab:stabs:right knife:1100]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5000:1200:slash:slashes:right blade:1100]
[ATTACK:EDGE:100:15000:brutally impale:brutally impales:menacing points:2000]
The TWO_HANDED size looks like it has a 0 too much.

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_EVIL8]
[NAME:glaive:glaives]
and
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_EVIL7]
[NAME:crescent glaive:crescent glaives]
still use SKILL:WHIP.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:33 am »

Perhaps not a bug, but something to be aware of - any dwarf summoned by the Town Portal will have a generic name (same string as summoned type, eg, "Windkin"), and will have *no* labors enabled, not even Recover Wounded or Clean Self.

Hm, they are not assignable to military squads, either - I can see them in the unit list, and assign labors there, but I can't put my Legionnaire into the military.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 142