Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190578 times)

Labhras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1290 on: October 22, 2013, 05:53:52 am »

According to RAW, you need to turn on simple wood to use wood splitting.
[REACTION:SPLITTING_WOOD_ROUGH]
[NAME:Cut rough treetrunk]
[BUILDING:SPLITTING_BLOCK:CUSTOM_A]
YESSIMPLEWOOD[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:ROUGH:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NAKEDWOOD:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:10:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NAKEDWOOD:WOOD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:10:1:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:TREE_SMALL:SEED]
[PRODUCT:10:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SAWDUST_PILE:INORGANIC:SAWDUST_SOLID]
YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SAWDUST][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOODCUTTING][AUTOMATIC]

Well, that's a pisser. Any chance there's a way I can make it recognize any wood I want?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 22, 2013, 06:09:15 am »

you'll have to change NOSIMPLEWOOD!REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:ROUGH:WOOD] (if it is turned off now) in your saves folder into YESSIMPLEWOOD[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:YOURTREETYPEHERE:WOOD]

PS my modding skills are a bit rusty lately, so i might be wrong in that last line. But you will have to change that wood to the type you want to use now. Or maybe YESSIMPLEWOOD[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD] would work for any tree.

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:24 am »

you'll have to change NOSIMPLEWOOD!REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:ROUGH:WOOD] (if it is turned off now) in your saves folder into YESSIMPLEWOOD[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:YOURTREETYPEHERE:WOOD]

PS my modding skills are a bit rusty lately, so i might be wrong in that last line. But you will have to change that wood to the type you want to use now. Or maybe YESSIMPLEWOOD[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD] would work for any tree.

But that might become an endless loop of smooth wood self-replicating.

I think [REACTION_CLASS:X] tag is quite underused by Meph, which results some interesting products like wooden Anvils and some reactions not working when you messing around with options.

BrotherGomez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45:38 am »

Hi,

I've been having a problem with dwarves not correctly displaying their tilesets. It may have been sorted before but searching for it yields no results. with every tileset I have tried (pheobeus and Ironhand included), everything displays correctly except for the dwarves (and I think some other units). Where there should be a variety of different icons for the dwarves dependent on their profession (and the tileset), there are only 2 possibilities: a horribly drawn miner icon for the miner and various "splodges" of different colours that vaguely resemble a dwarf.

The icons seem to come from the file "Dwarf Fortress\raw\graphics\example\dwarves.bmp" (sorry I don't know how to upload images, but it should be in your df folders)

I've tried fresh installs, various texture packs, deleting the above file, running pheobeus installs directly etc etc,

Has anyone else seen this problem?

4b, all tilesets, Win 7
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:58:11 am by BrotherGomez »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 22, 2013, 04:35:21 pm »

Watermancers can freeze themselves to death with their own attacks. :(

Labhras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:09 pm »

Win 7 - 4b - Phoebus

Me again :P This time my dwarves aren't using the ore processor. I have idle dwarves with masonry, furnace operating, and machine operating (covering my bases) and yet they won't go process gold bearing rock. Do I need simple ores to be on?

hera35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

I also had a case of a Fire Mage melting her own chest. The fire attack burned the waterskin she was carrying, which splashed boiling mead on her and caused some severe pain. Seems they're not immune to hot liquids.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 22, 2013, 08:49:25 pm »

I also had a case of a Fire Mage melting her own chest. The fire attack burned the waterskin she was carrying, which splashed boiling mead on her and caused some severe pain. Seems they're not immune to hot liquids.

You just remember me when I spill boiling coffe in my hand....  man, the agony...

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »

Not sure if this is intended or a bug.  Using 4b, Windows 7 64bit, Ironhand.

I just embarked and brought along some hematite (5) and malachite (2) bearing rocks.  I was expecting this to yield somewhere around 10 to 20 iron and 4 to 8 copper.  Instead I got 3 iron and 1 copper.  Testing showed that changing the Furnace operator skill from 0 where it was to 5 then 10 then 30 seemed to have increased the yield but even at 30 I am averaging 1 per stone.  I did noticed a dramatic increase in Orichalcium created.  I do have harder mining and smithing on.

Is this intended?  Does each stone have some kind of quality number that affects the amount of metal produced from it (I really doubt this) and maybe I just got a cruddy batch from the motherland? Is this a bugged embark?  I have never had this issue before though I did not play 4a.  Usually with a 0 level Furnace Operator I still get loads of Iron from 4 or 5 hematite.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 23, 2013, 06:04:59 am »

You'll need to run the ores through the Ore Processor before they smelt to bars reliably.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 23, 2013, 06:25:34 am »

You'll need to run the ores through the Ore Processor before they smelt to bars reliably.

As Rep says, all "bearing rock" ores need to go into Ore Processor, if you donīt your yield  will be poor. About Orichalcum I dunno what you mean by going up, he is still at 1% maybe you get a fiery streak than is possible but not all the times.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 23, 2013, 06:35:14 am »

4b, Masterwork

I was burning through my gold coins for guild joining faster than I expected so started paying attention. I had one stack of 2500 coins on hand (sitting in stockpile next to guildhall and showing in stocks menu). I queued up a worker to join Smith's guild (500 gold coins per menu) and watched him grab the stack, start the join process. Then I checked T on guildhall, no coins as change. Nothing in stockpile. Stocks menu shows 0 coins too. So it ate the whole stack.

Next I minted up just 500 gold coins. I do have the option to join a guild so it appears the price is indeed 500 gold coins.

Conclusion: guildhall not making change for coins. If not something that can be fixed, need a warning in manual or menu about using exact change only.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 23, 2013, 07:08:47 am »

4b, Masterwork.

My armorer, Kadol Gimbot, refuses to leave the Beast Wardens guild. Haven't noticed this behavior before. I had her join the Smiths guild (or try) three times now. And I had her try to just leave the BW guild once. She's still showing in BW guild. I ran time forward a while and keep refreshing DT to make sure it's not timing related and she will eventually correct, but so far nothing. It's been at least a couple of seasons since my first attempt to shift her to smith guild.

She's the dwarf involved in the last report also, the one about burning 2500 gold coins to join a guild.

The only thing I can see about her that's unusual is she has made an artifact (a slag dark greaves!). She arrived as immigrant a member of the BW guild but with armorer profession and her skill at 7, thus the greaves artifact. I thought I had switched her to smiths guild some seasons ago, but now find out she's refusing to leave BW guild.

Katrinya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the thread that addressed this issue.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:17:47 am by Katrinya »

Melifaro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 23, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »

So,i play v4b for a time. I play with ironhand tileset.

1) GUI
Pet coffin use - yes=no.
Giant animals - yes=no.
Animalman - yes=no.
Simple trees - looks like it's not do anything to raw file or it's my mistake.
Simple gem - yes=no.
2) Magic system
Mage dont make any pets(familiars).
Town portal crash game. I know that you can unload autolabor,but i still want use it. I try unload-spawn mage-save-restart df,but it's crash all next saves(you just need unload autolabor everytime).
3) Bug?
You can run get ink work at craftdwarf even if you have only 1 jug. You get message about ink complete,but it's dont use reagents. It's work fine with 3+ jugs.

That's all that i find for this time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:27:00 pm by Melifaro »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 142